Silverstone Club Circuit.

Posted by Willb 
Re: Silverstone Club Circuit.
Date: August 09, 2006 11:18AM
Posted by: Willb
When i read the first part of your post Nick, i thought you were refering to me :o ;-)!!

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: August 10, 2006 05:39PM
Posted by: Paco
he probably was... ;)

I'm against sigpics
Date: August 10, 2006 05:49PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
Nickv Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> I think every idiot can make a nice track, well except Tilke then
>
>
> Nickv is your WGP/W300 press release service! PM your story!

Everyone blames Tilke and overlooks the fact that the cars are too blame.
Did you watch A1GP at Sepang earlier this year? Or GP2 @ Bahrain last October? Or even A1GP @ Shanghai. Or maybe GP2 at either Nurburgring or Hockenheim this year?

They all produced awesome racing on those tracks A1GP probably had one of their best races for the Sepang Sprint Race while GP2 this year at Bahrain last year was soo good. Especially the Feature Race.

F1 at Silverstone, Imola, Magny Cours didnt exactly provide awesome racing this year did they. Neither did they at Interlagos or Monza last season. "Classic Tracks". When F1 has car that can actually follow each other high speed corners then maybe good racing will return till then you'll have to rely on the weather for good mad racing.
Blame the Cars not the Tracks ;-)
sorry for hijacking your thread Will.
Date: August 10, 2006 06:10PM
Posted by: Ruboy
Yep, Mini is perfectly right :)

Date: August 10, 2006 07:09PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
He sure is, but the Tilke circuits makes the overtake problem even worser.

Tilke circuits lacks challenging layouts.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 10, 2006 11:52PM
Posted by: Willb
No prob mini, we have quite a discussion going on here :)

I like sepang, probably because it was the first of all the "samey" circuits. I just think that lots of the corners in all th new Tilke tracks are very similar and it gets really boring :( . Ill watch a race on one of the classic tracks just for the atmosphere, the new tracks don't seem to have it because there not as many stories behind the circuit :) .

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: August 11, 2006 06:24PM
Posted by: aims20

I like sepang, probably because it was the first of all the "samey" circuits. I just think that lots of the corners in all th new Tilke tracks are very similar and it gets really boring

Well, you have to realize that when its designed by the same person, they use the same mindset most of the time. would you call an F1 driver boring for using his same driving style throughout his entire career? What we need in F1 are more track designers with varying styles of producing layouts if tilke can't make up something a bit more out of his box if you know what i mean.
Date: August 12, 2006 12:39AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
It's all about the facilities around the track of nowadays tracks, they don't care about the layout anymore.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy