control help!!

Posted by sk83k 
control help!!
Date: August 07, 2006 08:11PM
Posted by: sk83k
Hi

just reinstalled gp4 after a long time of not playing. i have a saitek r440 wheel, which is correctly setup in windows.

now when i select the 'wheel' control option as input method for gp4, many of the drop down boxes (like sensitivty, gear shift and axis select) can't be clicked. so i calibrate my wheel anyway, and everything seems ok, until the cursor continuously scrolls down making it near impossible to select things

so i tried setting the input as 'custom'. this worked well because i can now select all the drop down boxes and max steering lock etc. however i still get this constant scroll down problem, and also the when using 'custom' the mouse cant be used for menus, only the keys can.

any ideas?

cheers, dom

also if anyone could point me in the direction of the ferrari, bmw and toyota 06 cars i would appreciate it, can't seem to find them

EDIT: it appears that if i press that the accelerate pedal (z axis) has an effect on the 'scroll down problem' , the z axis is also backwards, so when fully depressed it reads zero. Can i invert it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2006 08:16PM by sk83k.
Re: control help!!
Date: August 07, 2006 10:45PM
Posted by: mortal
What about setting separate axis in windows, I recall that being useful for some users ;-) Good luck with it m8

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 08, 2006 12:09PM
Thats already been set :(

Still can't figure it out, can anbody help?

Can't play GP4 until this is fixed, and desperate to try out all the new 06 sesason stuff

dom
Date: August 08, 2006 02:08PM
try using a new setup box ingame instead of choosing the wheel option, there is unused that you can try. Or set it up as controller B, that might work.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 08, 2006 03:15PM
Ok i've got it sorted now

thanks a lot

dom
Date: August 09, 2006 12:31PM
what fixed it, for future searches :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy