!!Hockenheim CC line thread, ralv585, Ruboy and marianodc!! ralv585 final cc-line released P2

Posted by ralv585 
Hi guys, this is my first attempt at a cc line, and reading the posts of the original cc line, people where struggling to match the ai cars, this is now achievable in my cc line, i made it from scratch and got permission from MarioB, so hope you like it and tell me how to improve it as its far from perfect, cheers :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

okay guys, my first line wasn't perfect, but i think i've done a hell of a better job now, i used an onboar lap and now it is practically perfect, so forget the first version, it was lame, this one rocks, i promise :)

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2006 12:01AM by ralv585.
Re: new hokenhiem cc line released!
Date: August 02, 2006 02:50PM
Posted by: mwb
Thanks Ralv. Will give it a try.:)
Re: new hockenheim cc line released!
Date: August 02, 2006 05:10PM
Posted by: sunil
thanks

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: August 02, 2006 05:26PM
Posted by: berst
Hello, how can I install it?

berst
Date: August 02, 2006 06:13PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Open 3DEditor (17.6), go to File, then Import CC-Line, done.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 02, 2006 07:18PM
Posted by: ralv585
i forgot to add that if the ai is still too fast, open up the magic file of the original dat, and change the cc grip factor ace to something lower like 515 because currently its 537, and thats way too much grip them

Date: August 02, 2006 07:23PM
Hello, another question:

how can I edit/create a cc-line?

thanks

berst
Date: August 02, 2006 07:47PM
Posted by: gohan
With 3deditor too.

Search for a trackediting tutorial (such as How to build a track in 60 minutes by Maverick) and that explains how to do it.
Date: August 02, 2006 07:48PM
Ok, thank you for your help.

berst
Date: August 02, 2006 10:08PM
Posted by: carbon
This cc line is completely wrong, line in too many curves has nothing to do with real hockenheim, better lines are released yet
Date: August 02, 2006 10:57PM
Posted by: ralv585
carbon Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> This cc line is completely wrong, line in too many curves has nothing
> to do with real hockenheim, better lines are released yet

i wouldn't call tham completely wrong, that was my first attempt, but the new cc-line is now perfect, well almost, and its now open source so you can tweak it to make it better still!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2006 11:13PM by ralv585.
There is a huge difference between 'good' and 'perfect'.

A few hints what should/must be improved:
1) Try to avoid setting 'shift' values - otherwise the line will have kinks.
2) Turn 1: cc-cars could be a bit more aggressive, there's still 20-30 cm of tarmac + the outside kerb at the exit kerb
3) Turn 3: a bit too much over the kerb - in rainy conditions you'll never choose this line
If you use the inside kerbs, then only 'touch' them (except for chicanes ;-))
4) Turn 4 (Parabolica): The cars should drive at the inside in the middle part of this long curve (almost straight) - it's the shortest way ;-)
5) Turn 8: Don't force the cars on this inside kerb that extremely - human player will spin very often (just touch this kerb)
6) Turn 9 (entrance into Motodrom): Don't force the cars that extremely on the outside kerb - human player will ride over gravel very often - too often. Just use the inner half of the kerb and leave some room for human player - this curve is really difficult.
7) Last Turn (where Montoya spun in last year's qualifying): Pay attention that the speed of the cc-cars remains realistic. The cars have about 215-220 km/h at the apex of this corner. From now on they normally should accelerate but at the exit they brake and slow down to 205 km/h. The lowest speed must be at the apex (or even slightly before in special cases).

Well, I dodn't want to be harsh ;-) That's just constructive feedback.

can some one send me the link to download the latest version of hockenheim. i can't remember where i last downloaded it from!
@bignav88:
Here you are :) [www.gp4db.com]

Ts,ts,ts...the Hockenheim thread is even on the first page here ;-)

How about a cc line for this track from you Ruboy? For God's sake please help us! LOL

Maybe if we bribe you somehow.....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Ruboy Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> There is a huge difference between 'good' and 'perfect'.
>
> A few hints what should/must be improved:
> 1) Try to avoid setting 'shift' values - otherwise the line will have
> kinks.
> 2) Turn 1: cc-cars could be a bit more aggressive, there's still 20-30
> cm of tarmac + the outside kerb at the exit kerb
> 3) Turn 3: a bit too much over the kerb - in rainy conditions you'll
> never choose this line
> If you use the inside kerbs, then only 'touch' them (except for
> chicanes )
> 4) Turn 4 (Parabolica): The cars should drive at the inside in the
> middle part of this long curve (almost straight) - it's the shortest
> way
> 5) Turn 8: Don't force the cars on this inside kerb that extremely -
> human player will spin very often (just touch this kerb)
> 6) Turn 9 (entrance into Motodrom): Don't force the cars that
> extremely on the outside kerb - human player will ride over gravel
> very often - too often. Just use the inner half of the kerb and leave
> some room for human player - this curve is really difficult.
> 7) Last Turn (where Montoya spun in last year's qualifying): Pay
> attention that the speed of the cc-cars remains realistic. The cars
> have about 215-220 km/h at the apex of this corner. From now on they
> normally should accelerate but at the exit they brake and slow down to
> 205 km/h. The lowest speed must be at the apex (or even slightly
> before in special cases).
>
>
> Well, I dodn't want to be harsh That's just constructive feedback.
>
>
>
> Song of the day: So Says I - The Shins

thanks for the advice Ruboy, i know you're the expert so i'll take your advice gladly.
Well for me i thought it was good, as good as i could get it, thus perfect, but alas the master has spoken, i'll try to implement the things you said and i'll send it to you to see what you make of it.

if you want i could practice on your wip istanbul track :)

could you please upload your new version to megupload. Because I can't use rapidshare :( (don't ask why) thanks in advance
rob
I'm trying to do the best cc-line possible, but my big problem is at the first corner, if the cc-line goes over kerbs player cars go off the track and spin over kerbs.
In my opinion is very hard to make a cc-line "realistic" and easy to bit AI cars.
I see that in a realistic cc-line the AI cars are so much faster than player, and a cc-line easy to drive doesn't look realistic, so I'm working on it every day.

2005-2006-2007 Realistic Perfomances, Physic & magicdata
2005-2006 Realistic TV trackcams
2005-2006 Realistic Onboard Cameras
2006 Realistic cc-lines
2006 Sounds

Available in:[marianodicarlo.googlepages.com]
Msn: marianodicarlo@gmail.com
oh

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
I tried yours second version, must say that it`s better then first one, but still far away from perfect or realistic. Second and third sector are still very weird a difficult to drive and that last corner ist absurd.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy