Welcome to Imola 1991

Posted by K-Oleg 
Re: Welcome to Imola 1991
Date: August 15, 2006 10:50AM
Posted by: vesuvius
Like I said good things comes to those who wait,many people here in this forum should learn that before they start saying things like they said in this page.
Date: August 15, 2006 04:44PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
vesuvius Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Like I said good things comes to those who wait,many people here in
> this forum should learn that before they start saying things like they
> said in this page.

I'll stand by what i said about putting up posts saying something is nearly ready for release (5 days) then nothing since??? for me i'll put up a post when it's 99 % complete..
rough buggy beta version or whatever...it's released..
personally i was disapointed as i thought this was going the way of other tracks that never made release....
good to hear this track is still on the go...
Date: August 15, 2006 05:20PM
yeah you are right jimbob1 it would be better not to start these topics if the track isnt very near to finish , I agree with you that when it's something like 99% finished then it's ok to start this kind of topics.
Date: August 21, 2006 02:17AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
How's the progress?

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: August 27, 2006 09:01PM
Posted by: anze89
any news?

Date: August 28, 2006 11:08AM
Posted by: super__alonso
K-Oleg. If you can, release it as it is now as a version 1, so people can see what it is like, then people can say what needs to be improved or changed.
Date: August 28, 2006 01:57PM
Posted by: Willb
"I'll stand by what i said about putting up posts saying something is nearly ready for release (5 days) then nothing since??? for me i'll put up a post when it's 99 % complete..
rough buggy beta version or whatever...it's released..
personally i was disapointed as i thought this was going the way of other tracks that never made release....
good to hear this track is still on the go..."

Runs and hides * embarrised ! *

My problem is im a perfectionist so if its not perfect, it wont be released :) .

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2006 01:58PM by Willb.
Date: August 30, 2006 12:08AM
Posted by: K-Oleg
Hi guys!
I know you can't wait. And you think that another track will never be released.
If things could go like we want - world will be better, but there is a lot of things that can go wrong.
You disappointed and I disappointed, because I have burned my video card. And my work has stopped. Now it's the trouble.
Like I said before, the track has 99% and while I can't finish it I'll never release it.
If you don't want to wait so you can dawnload some alfa or beta or something else of old Imola on the web. So do what you want.
Track will released regardless of will you wait or not...
See later.
Date: August 30, 2006 02:12AM
K-Oleg Wrote:

> Like I said before, the track has 99% and while I can't finish it I'll
> never release it.

Oh man.... IDEA - if it's 99% why don't you send your file to one of the veteran track makers here on the board, let them add their 1% to it to finish it and return the file to you, and then you release it saying it's your creation and you had a bit of help?

I mean, since you obviously can't work on it now and refuse to release it at 99%?

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: August 30, 2006 06:53AM
Posted by: mckey415
@Jagdpanzer

you know, he might have many reasons why he can't work on it now. lack of time or inspiration, personal life and many more. this doesn't mean that the project is buried. it may be just delayed. so keep your advices to yourself and have some patience.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F1 A.D.: 1993-1996 - Future in the past
[f1ad.narod.ru]

1994 Mod Official Website
[grandprixx.com]
Date: August 30, 2006 07:15AM
Posted by: Ruboy
Yeah, I'd also like to finish my own projects which I have been working on for a long time.
In this case it is bad luck. Nobody can forsee a damaged grahic card.

K-Oleg, it's ok. It's your project and I think that it's YOU who should finish it - and not somebody else :)

Date: August 30, 2006 10:43AM
Posted by: jpmfw
why does this constant pressure have to be put on trackmakers?.The people that put this pressure on for a release obviously have no idea how much work is involved,look at Martin for an example, Istanbul has taken him a looooong time,the results of which will be seen soon.Bugging people for release is pointless, it won`t make the track get finished any quicker, and keep in mind that these guys do it all for nothing.A little patience and respect for exactly how much time is invested in these projects is not too much to ask, is it ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: August 30, 2006 11:54AM
Posted by: _Erix_
That is bad news for you Oleg. Take your time and if you can't finish it by yourself just let me know and I'll help you out.

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: August 30, 2006 03:22PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
jpmfw schreef:
> why does this constant pressure have to be put on trackmakers?.The
> people that put this pressure on for a release obviously have no idea
> how much work is involved,look at Martin for an example, Istanbul has
> taken him a looooong time,the results of which will be seen
> soon.Bugging people for release is pointless, it won`t make the track
> get finished any quicker, and keep in mind that these guys do it all
> for nothing.A little patience and respect for exactly how much time is
> invested in these projects is not too much to ask, is it ?

Pressuring you for the release of your new camset v5 has helped though. ;)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 30, 2006 03:39PM
ah,but you only got 2/3rd`s of it ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: August 30, 2006 04:05PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
The other 1/3rd is crap, why bother? ;)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 30, 2006 04:33PM
hm,that`s just made up my mind there won`t be any more sets

Date: August 30, 2006 05:40PM
Posted by: Senna
yuk! And I forgot to download the camset! :S

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: August 30, 2006 05:42PM
I dont think I have that latest camset either or maybe I havent installed them because I have been busy :(
Date: August 30, 2006 10:25PM
Guys, no pressure, only a suggestion. He said his video card was fried...I merely suggested he allow someone to finish the last bit for him and then return the file since he obviously can't finish it with a broken computer.

But hey, if that suggestion upset anyone, I retract it.

Take your time, release or don't release, it's his work to do with as he wishes....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy