US Tracks

Posted by racer14501 
US Tracks
Date: July 23, 2006 09:27PM
Posted by: racer14501
has any one started on any tracks from the US. Specially any champcar(CART) track. or IRL?
Re: US Tracks
Date: July 23, 2006 09:28PM
Posted by: Monza972
check jpmfw's thread he has all the latest WIPs
Date: July 25, 2006 10:04PM
Posted by: villafan
I'm having a go at making the Miaimi street track from 2002. i have finished the dat but it's not very accurate. However I'm reluctant to change it as the track is virtually bug free at the moment and I've had very few crashes. I'm now working on the graphical part and hope to complete it in the next few weeks.
Date: July 25, 2006 10:06PM
Posted by: smorr
Not that i know of, however i wouldnt mind undertaking or assisting in making Road America, the place where the USGP SHOULD be. best track in the states!

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: July 25, 2006 10:56PM
Posted by: Ruboy
smorr Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Not that i know of, however i wouldnt mind undertaking or assisting in
> making Road America, the place where the USGP SHOULD be. best track in
> the states!

You've got a point, mate:) But what about Laguna Seca? ;-)

Date: July 25, 2006 11:07PM
Laguna? Hell No! Laguna is great, but i dont think it would be great for F1. Just imagine F1 cars going through the kink. That alone. That section of track alone is 10x better than any part of indy. Of course on the frontstraight the cars would probably fly, teach em a lesson i say.

Although F1's through the corkscrew would be cool.

Date: July 25, 2006 11:22PM
Hey Ruboy, this gives me an idea... I think everyone knows what im thinking right now... meh, what harm can it cause? time to expirment with 3D Editor.... But what track... Laguna or Road America.

Im thinking Laguna because it would be shorter (thus slightly easier) and ive seen plenty of onboard laps and such... Plus a new version would be great for any other sims if its good... my mind is made...

Date: July 26, 2006 12:06AM
Posted by: Ruboy
Hm..not bad but if you are new to track editing the best thing you can do is to create a test track at first. This way you will find out what things to change and make better for the next track - believe me :)

But you're right - these are great tracks:)
Does anyone know if they are available in Toca Race Driver?
If so, it would be imagineable that Jimbob would convert them to GP4 after he makes the fixes for Long Beach, Adelaide and Oulton Park.

Date: July 26, 2006 01:26AM
Ohh, i do have some experience in track editing. a while ago i made a layout for a short version of the nordscliefe, but no one was interested so i didnt feel like continuing.

However, about the Convert thing. Depends. IMO the TOCA versions ive seen have really sucked, like you could take the corkscrew flat out IRL. If it is more correct then i would be fore it, but if not, just a waste of time.

Date: July 26, 2006 03:53PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
I have Toca 3, and Laguna Seca is included.

You can't take the famous corkscrew bend flat out, imo it's hard as IRL to take it smoothly.

But the most challenging job is converting Bathurst from toca to gp4. ;)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: July 26, 2006 05:08PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
smorr Wrote:
> Not that i know of, however i wouldnt mind undertaking or assisting in
> making Road America, the place where the USGP SHOULD be. best track in
> the states!
>
>
>
> You Know It!
>
> Flip it upside down.... It'll work better.

@smorr..untill you have sat down & started to build a decent track from start to finish...you can't imagine the amount of work needed to build a working track complete with 3d graphical side. a detailed working dat file that follows a guide template be it google etc....takes time on it's own..then you have the guessing game of height/elevation watching videos of races....
anyone wanting to build tracks should first think about building a fantasy track...this has less restrictions..& you are learning as well....i made two & i had lot of stuff to learn....

the toca layouts are far from perfect i agree..but they do transfer as nice & driveable in gp4......i've tried road america in trd..it's a nice track..if you want to get your hands dirty on building an accurate dat file thru say ge....there would be a lot of work here...i'd be happy to do some work on the 3d graphical side...
the more tracks in gp4 the better......if your interested let me know...
Date: July 26, 2006 05:11PM
Posted by: b-tone
racer14501 Wrote:
> has any one started on any tracks from the US. Specially any
> champcar(CART) track. or IRL?

I made a Homestead Miami road course dat. It is working ok but has no 3d part yet.

____
Tony

Date: July 26, 2006 05:15PM
Posted by: celinho
Version in English:
It convert Bathurst (http://www.supercheapauto1000.com/) for the GP4, will be a big work... The track has a very big stretch...
But I would worship to play Gp4 in this trail!!!!
Personally also it would worship to be able to play in the traicks of Elkart Lake (Road America), Laguna Seca, Long Beach, Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta.
They are tracks well complicated of be done.... but many persons lovers of the Gp4 they would worship is able to play in them.
It obliged.

Versão em Português:
Converter Bathurst ( [www.supercheapauto1000.com] ) para o GP4, será um grande trabalho.... A pista tem uma extensão muito grande.....
Mas eu adoraria jogar Gp4 nesta pista!!!!
Pessoalmente também adoraria poder jogar nas pistas de Elkart Lake (Road América), Laguna Seca, Long Beach, Watkins Glen e Road Atlanta.
São pista bem complicadas de se fazer..... mas muitas pessoas amantes do Gp4 adorariam pode jogar nelas.
Obrigado

Célio Jr. - Rio Verde - Goiás - Brasil
Date: July 26, 2006 05:19PM
the dat file for Bathurst alone would be a lot of work to do...this would take some time & talent to do....then you have the 3d side....i've looked at the track imo it would be difficult to do....

@turbo lover...ruben i've seen your dat work..mabey you could try bathurst???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2006 05:29PM by jimbob1.
Date: July 26, 2006 05:22PM
b-tone Wrote:
> racer14501 Wrote:
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > has any one started on any tracks from the US. Specially any
> > champcar(CART) track. or IRL?
>
>
> I made a Homestead Miami road course dat. It is working ok but has no
> 3d part yet.
>
> ____
> Tony
>
>

do the same as was done with nr.......
Date: July 26, 2006 05:48PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Watkins Glen

The first turn is inaccurate on every single game this track has even been in
Date: July 26, 2006 06:21PM
Ever play NR2003? That one actually had a realistic T1 at WG. (well, until they changed it slightly a year or two ago)

Date: July 26, 2006 06:53PM
Posted by: AdamGilchrist
bathurst would suck on gp4, its unrealistic, f1 cars dont race on it. just play it on the other sims, where there are great versions of it, and with cars that actually race on it, ie v8 on f1c.
Date: July 27, 2006 07:33PM
Posted by: mimo
AdamGilchrist Wrote:
> bathurst would suck on gp4, its unrealistic, f1 cars dont race on it.
> just play it on the other sims, where there are great versions of it,
> and with cars that actually race on it, ie v8 on f1c.

what the problem of f-1 dont race in this circuit????

gp4 already have all f-1 circuits, its time to make another circuits, mainly cart and irl track, and more mainly ovals!

of course, if am learning make some tracks, I am worker on cart and irl stuff, but dont know any about track editing and make carshapes....

hahahhaha, a im just play gp4.

---------------------------------------------------

Date: July 27, 2006 07:56PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
AdamGilchrist Wrote:
> bathurst would suck on gp4, its unrealistic, f1 cars dont race on it.
> just play it on the other sims, where there are great versions of it,
> and with cars that actually race on it, ie v8 on f1c.

Well since one day we'll have a V8 mod for GP4 we might as well eh?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy