Need a substitute

Posted by mztiller 
Need a substitute
Date: June 30, 2006 10:33PM
Posted by: mztiller
GP4 or GPL neither will play on my pc so which other game will give similar fun with the physics.....GTR, GT Legends or toca 3?
Re: Need a substitute
Date: June 30, 2006 11:52PM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
I say GTR. For GTR there's lots of F1 tracks available but I don't know is there any F1 mod available for it.
Date: July 01, 2006 05:31AM
Posted by: matt3454
Have you ever tried rFactor? its better than them 3 games and theres new tracks and mods coming out everyweek

Date: July 03, 2006 11:13AM
Posted by: torana_05
there is a williams f1 2002 for gtr with the 2002 skins on the carshape, cant remeber where i got it from, soz. whats rfactor like, worth a buy? or better wait for something to come out better cause ya know summin else better than rfactor will come out in the next few yrs

Date: July 03, 2006 11:40AM
@ mztiller What are your computer's specs (processor, memory and videocard)?
Date: July 03, 2006 01:07PM
Hi its a dell 9100 P4 3.0 ghz 7600 gt card and onboard sound......

GP4 locks when calibrating and GPL the sound is terrible

advice would be appreciated as i still think these are the best games ever...

Mark
Date: July 03, 2006 01:14PM
Posted by: chet
GPL beats them all :P well i would be a better judge, if i managed to complete a lap ;)

rFactor is great fun :) GTR is fun, but nowhere near as good as others.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 03, 2006 02:59PM
mztiller Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> GP4 locks when calibrating

So don't calibrate, just go to Options and put all settings to high manually. :)

But if you mean your controller then I have no idea :D You can try to install the official patch if you have controller problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2006 03:01PM by [FIN]Räkä.
Date: July 03, 2006 03:14PM
Posted by: MarcA
GTR gets boring after about a week. Don't buy it.

Date: July 03, 2006 04:33PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
and toca 3 is a great game if you want a variety of motorsports, and good graphics - but definitely not great if you want a f1 simulation.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 03, 2006 09:18PM
tried GTR and it plays but the car shakes around a lot...GT legends is virtually the same but it wont let me drive the Mustang...so have ordered rFactor....

tried GP4 again without calibrating and crashes to desktop virtually at the staart of the race....also tried to use it under compatibility mode but no change????
Date: July 04, 2006 04:12AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
My Dell is 2.4 gig and I run GP4 and GPL fine on my machine. No reason it can't work on yours either....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: July 04, 2006 09:01AM
Any chance you could email me a copy of your game state file as this may help me get started...mztiller@hotmail.com
Date: July 04, 2006 07:40PM
Have you installed any updates? Try to reinstall the game without any updates.
Date: July 04, 2006 08:55PM
Thanks Guys,I tried a fresh install and did not calibrate, turned everything to low, it runs but the frame rate and the PO% is appalling, and the sound is also very bad.....

Could the onboard sound card be interfering with the program???

What sound card is good for GP4?
Date: July 05, 2006 09:11AM
Nah, I've got onboard sound and it isn't bad on my rig. Of course I'm satisfied with two desktop speakers so if you are looking for wall shaking real life sound you might need a soundcard.

I can email you my F1graphics cfg file if you like...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: July 05, 2006 12:17PM
i would try any graphics or game state files....send to mztiller@hotmail.com

The sound is ok for me on other games like GTR but i remember how buggy it can be....
it used to run ok on an athlon 1.7 with Ti4600 and a soundblaster but it will not run OK on a P4 3gig with a 7600GT and onboard sound...

could it be to do with what is running in the background? when i crtl/alt/del the seems to be a lot there under processes?

Mark
Date: July 05, 2006 11:56PM
Check your mail....

Date: July 06, 2006 10:04AM
Thanks i tried your files but its no better....vey high PO stuttery graphics and sound....could it be whay=ts running in the background or the sound card? any opinions
Date: July 06, 2006 12:25PM
Posted by: Willb
"Thanks Guys,I tried a fresh install and did not calibrate, turned everything to low, it runs but the frame rate and the PO% is appalling, and the sound is also very bad.....

Could the onboard sound card be interfering with the program???

What sound card is good for GP4?"

turn off hyperthreading ;-)

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy