Suzuka bug - unless you like winning easily!

Posted by oconnorivan 
Suzuka bug - unless you like winning easily!
Date: June 30, 2006 09:48PM
Posted by: oconnorivan
hey, first time poster. quick question, dunno if anyones brought it up before. having gone through a championship year and coming to the last race at suzuka, by the end of the race everyone has spun off the track, even though its as dry as a bone out there. pretty easy win for me therefore. but still, aint too realistic when ya race there again and again. anyone else had this too and if so, is there any sort of fix for it, cc-line or anythin? cheers if ya can help me out!
Re: Suzuka bug - unless you like winning easily!
Date: July 01, 2006 03:33AM
Posted by: Slasher
Yep, i know why.

Just delete name "Montoya", "Montoya", "Montoya", "Montoya", "Montoya",
"Montoya", and whats the other drivers name?

Oh yeah, "Montoya" from the rest of the cars and, hey presto, no more cars spinning off.
Date: July 01, 2006 03:39AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
are they spinning off or they run out of fuel ????
I have the same Problem....they usually run wide in the First corner and go off into the gravel pit... it´s somehow annoying
yeah they just run wide and cant get back on track or else just run wide and smack into the barriers. turn one is probably the main spot for it all, they spin into the gravel and cant get back on track. also after the kinda fast s section just after turn one, thats another place, and at 130R too. they even put schumacher to shame with their accident skills! but yeah, how the heck can that be sorted. and btw, it isnt a fuel problem at all, though that used to be funny on some gp2 tracks when half the field would run out of fuel on the very last lap.

anyone got a ccline for suzuka that might solve the problem or anythin else that'll keep em on the straight and narrow (and 130R ;)
Date: July 01, 2006 02:39PM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah a few always run off in turn 1.

i saw an interesting pile-up. JPM was trying to overtake someone on the outside of 130R, but went wide and off, then as he came back onto the track, got hit by 1 car, then a few more piled in.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 01, 2006 02:43PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
mayby a new cc line is what we need huh?
Date: July 09, 2006 02:23PM
Posted by: rajahassan
i always get alot of oversteer in turn one after about 20-25 laps if i go flatout, but if i feather the throttle a little bit it works fine.is this problem coming with the original gp4 physics?

Raja Hassan Bin Naeem.
Date: July 09, 2006 02:28PM
Posted by: Nickv
That's not a problem with your physics, but your rear tyres are dead.
yeah but usually it happens at random to the actual cc cars. has anyone ever made an alternative cc line for suzuka or anythin like that?
Date: July 09, 2006 08:31PM
Nickv Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> That's not a problem with your physics, but your rear tyres are dead.
>
>
> Holland is out...
>
> Nickv is your WGP/W300 press release service! PM your story!

it happens after i have made my first pitstop with new tyres, not before that.perhaps gp4 guys were trying to simulate alot of rubber laid down on track at turn one.

Raja Hassan Bin Naeem.
happened from as early as lap 7 for me. nearly every lap, cars will just spin off at turn one and beach in the gravel without any great effort to rejoin. 130r and after the esses too, though turn one is far more of a race ender really. the cc cars generally make mistakes in gp4 like that, the car will twitch and then slide off the road, usually they twitch (car ride height momentarily alters and the plank smacks off the ground, indicated by the plank icon in cockpit) and then simply accelerate on into their mistake. quite odd. anywho, its rare that more than about 3 or 4 cars finish the race there...
Date: July 10, 2006 10:36AM
oconnorivan Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> happened from as early as lap 7 for me. nearly every lap, cars will
> just spin off at turn one and beach in the gravel without any great
> effort to rejoin. 130r and after the esses too, though turn one is far
> more of a race ender really. the cc cars generally make mistakes in
> gp4 like that, the car will twitch and then slide off the road,
> usually they twitch (car ride height momentarily alters and the plank
> smacks off the ground, indicated by the plank icon in cockpit) and
> then simply accelerate on into their mistake. quite odd. anywho, its
> rare that more than about 3 or 4 cars finish the race there...

its odd.never happened to me.try installing official gp4 patch maybe that will solve ur problem or change ur .dat file in ur circuits folder use ricardo lamperts track pack.

Raja Hassan Bin Naeem.
I also have the Problem with the First corner if I try to go flatout into it....I wont be able to catch the rear to prevent it from spinning around. I always have to lift the throttle and let the car *role* through turn 1.
I also have a problem with the 130R as I need to be careful that the wont spin at fullspeed (might be due to my setup hehe). But i´ve had some major runoffs there (same with the highspeed corners of SPA )
thats more than likely your own setup than the track being at fault in that corner corner man. though suzuka is a tricky one for setup anyway (on a side note i think monaco is perhaps the easiest to get a setup for). what im talkin bout is the cc cars who should have some kinda clue about getting around a corner better, but no it seems. ive the patch installed anyway but gonna try out the track pack and see if that improves things
I noticed that the problem apparent is when you add magic data to a .dat (rather than having it stored in the .exe).

On a completely default install the cars get around fine, but add magic data to the track and the cars make more mistakes (if you watch the cc cars, you notice when they go into "mistake mode" by flooring it in the middle of a corner, obviously the consequences depend a lot on the corner) this is most apparent at suzuka, but monza is another big one (not so much for retirements, the ccs tend to run wide at the exit of parabolica, losing time rather than retiring.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy