V8 Supercars

Posted by zeppelin101 
V8 Supercars
Date: June 17, 2006 09:33PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
I've noticed in a few threads dotted around the place that there are people interested in a V8 Supercar mod of some description for GP4.

Now, before anything goes full steam ahead, I just want to gauge the interest that a possible V8 Supercar mod might generate.

So, is anyone interested? It seems like a reasonably easy thing to do for shapes and textures, and with patrick's torque editor, I imagine a new .exe with proper torque / engine data could be made :)
Re: V8 Supercars
Date: June 17, 2006 10:09PM
Posted by: quickslick
yes would be nice to have a V8 Carset :-)
Date: June 17, 2006 10:19PM
Posted by: Jorpaes
Yes, I also agree but I don't know how it could help.
But I am interested in having a V8.

Date: June 17, 2006 10:55PM
Posted by: drafi5
That would be a great mod for all touring car fans.

Greetings from Germany !!
Date: June 18, 2006 12:56AM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
For sure, I will help out where I can :)
Date: June 18, 2006 01:39AM
Posted by: chet
See how the DTM mod goes, if gp4 can create a good tintop mod, then sure go ahead. Im sure you will get alot of support. :)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 18, 2006 05:02AM
Posted by: torana_05
yep sh*t yer this would be good i remeber i was trying to get a few ppl together a few years back to do one of these but no one was interested. but the reason y was because i dont know much about it makin mods and stuff but yer i did suggest it ages ago on gpx carpaiting i think

Date: June 18, 2006 12:44PM
Posted by: darcy
If this materialises I don't think I'd EVER use any other mod again! Best of luck to those involved. I'd be more than willing to dontate anything I can. I have endless supplies of videos from the races, with onboards and externals, and GB's of space to host them if needed. I can't shape, and not much of a car painter. I can do helmets though (just not too hard :P ). But yeah, best of luck guys, this would be fantastic!!
Date: June 18, 2006 01:34PM
Posted by: 00omalleys
Id be interested in a V8 carset too :) Good idea mate

SORRY!
Date: June 18, 2006 02:36PM
Posted by: Flash Formula
When I was working on the BTCC Mods, I had the plans to do a V8 Supercar mod, but did not materialise.
I would like this mod done and i'll help anyway possible:)

Good Luck
Date: June 19, 2006 03:49AM
Posted by: Red_Bull
Seems like a bit of support for you Zep ;)

Date: June 19, 2006 11:54AM
Posted by: mortal
Has anyone tried the H6 rfactor mod that has aussie v8 skins and physics, on the new Bathurst track for rfactor they are awesome ;-) ORSM mod crew are working on a full blown oz v8 mod for rfactor which is about 90% stage. It would be interesting to see a v8 mod in gp4 but it must have Bathurst track, and that would be a loooong way off in the making I'd reckon ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 22, 2006 11:26AM
Posted by: torana_05
you could always ask permission from orsm if you could convert the v8 mod from f1c. i had plans to convert the historic cars v8 supercars from f1c to gp4 with the permission but never got around to it, and they say they are more than welcome to have f1c historic touring cars converted to gp4. i dont know the first thing about it but there you go Zep the site is [www.armleg.com]
i am torana05 but cant get my login to work since they revamped the site.

Date: June 22, 2006 05:48PM
No, no conversions, it's scratch built or nothing ;-)

As chet said, it would be a good idea to see how DTM turns out. I think (think being the operative word) that tony was going to release a beta at some point, but I don't know when :)
Date: June 22, 2006 06:46PM
Posted by: b-tone
tony and mckey will release a beta :)

in the meantime check out the ITC mod or some of the other roofed mods.
the DTM mod will be a million miles away from driving a real car, but if you want it to be fun it will.

____
Tony

Date: June 22, 2006 06:48PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
it has to be fun because no offence GP4 totally isnt the game to do a Tin Top Mod for.
the game is just totally not built for tin tops ;-)
Date: June 22, 2006 07:10PM
b-tone Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> but if you want it to be fun it will.
>

That's the plan here too, the physics are quite easy to manipulate, even if they don't have a huge range of settings, I imagine something reasonaly loose could be made pretty easily
Date: June 23, 2006 01:53PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
i would love a v8s series! - and can help with most things you need

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 23, 2006 05:55PM
Posted by: peekay
i would love to have a V8 mod, too.

allthough i'm a not the most experienced one when it comes to editing gp4 i'll be glad to help out the best i can if this mod will be ever started.

oh and btw zep your track tutorial is great.
i messed a bit with trackeditor using ur guide and that's what i came up with...

...the Pukekohe Park Raceway which is part of the v8 season :D
it's officially 2.8 km long and as you can see on my shot it should be accurate enough for a "fun"-mod ;-)

all i need to complete the .dat would be an onboard-lap or at least a lot of good photos (wasn't able to find enough) to fine-tune the elevations and the landscape around the track

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2006 05:56PM by peekay.
Date: June 23, 2006 05:57PM
Wow, I mention this and suddenly a track is in production? ;)

Looks pretty sweet so far, I'll have a look around for vids and bits in my quest for stuff to shape the cars :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy