How to... Remove Damage Layers for proper renders...

Posted by raulongo 
Hi all... I'm doing renders with my machine... most of them are so good, but always I have the same problem... Dark dots in the cars... GP4 Freak explained to me how to remove this damage layers from the cars, but I don't know how to remove them...

So, please, If someone is so kind, make a little tutorial (with 2 or 3 images) to explain how to remove the damage layers...

Thanks People! Keep Rockin'!

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
I also said you could read some basic functions of ZM..

Select sidepod
go to faces level
select sidepod
delete faces on the INSIDE of the sidepod

Just get some knowledge of ZM.. That's all.. and by the way,, making a new topic doesn't help you more then just asking a second time in the render thread..

hope you can get it to work

Just convert to Editable Poly in max and the damage model should no longer be a problem
It does not work, Zeppelin101... black dots shown on Teraur's MP4-21... :(

raulgullon.com -
Works for me, try a vertex weld, 0.001 should do it
Only 1 thing more... where are this option?? Tnx for the patience!

raulgullon.com -
Modifiers menu, click on the second icon in the list at the top of the page on the right, the blue arch thingy :P Right click and then Convert to > Editable Poly to get the EP option ;-)
Well.. I found the Editable Poly function and add the Vertex Weld, but the minium threshold is 0.1 and the car shows deformed and the damage model stays on... look at this...

[www.raulgullon.com]

Thanks Zep!

raulgullon.com -
Well you change the threshold to .001 then like I said ;-)
3DS Max doesn't let me to change the threshold to 0.001. The minium is 0.1...

The image shows the black dots I want to delete...

raulgullon.com -
And you're using, which version of max? I have 7, 6 does the same thing, and if 8 doesn't then that's a step backward

look!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2006 11:35PM by zeppelin101.
I have Discreet 3DS Max 7

raulgullon.com -
Well look! Same as me, I can do it ;-)
I can't... I'm deleting damage layer with 3DSimED... but is too difficult process...

raulgullon.com -
Hello.

I follow instructions but the spot black appear again !

Are you other solutions ?

Thank you.

Good afternoon.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2007 11:33AM by lefou63.
I had the same problem as you with the 2005 Williams from, oh man, damn, forget who did it. Was it Teauer as well? Anyway!!! Sorry I can't remember who. All I did though was to select all the individual faces on the inside of the sidepods engine cover and some other areas, and delete them manually.

It took me ages! Didn't know any other way!

Before hand though, I already tried changing my model to an Editable Poly, Vertex weld, 0.001, Smoothed to 45 and still got black dots on the sidepods, engine cover and so on. So I had to do the manual way.

Not sure if there is an easier or faster way.
It is by IntwebF1, steve..

Made like a thousand renders of that car. I did various track specific models and because of that I new like every poly of that car. When you get a bit handy with deleting those faces manually you can do it in 10 minutes, like I did..

over and over again ;)

The way I use is to find out which materialID is used for the damage model. Select that ID and delete the ones you don't need. Afterward, use Vertex Weld to smoothen your model. Raul, you may have to manually put the extra zero's in. => type 0.001.

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Re: How to... Remove Damage Layers for proper renders...
Date: August 03, 2007 06:23PM
Posted by: Marko
@Erix
He probably knows it now because he posted this one year ago.:)
I see now, hehe.

Well, perhaps someone else found my tips useful ;)

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy