I know i will get flamed for asking this but...

Posted by Slasher 
I know i will get flamed for asking this but...
Date: May 21, 2006 05:37AM
Posted by: Slasher
...ive spent the last three hours trying to work out using the search function how to solve this and im afraid ive run out of hair to pull out of my head, and ive kicked the dog enough.

Im currently attempting to install Mr Pibbs pitstands and muppets, and his instructions are pretty clear and precise, however you have to open the individual tracks in 3d editor, but they must be '.gp4' files and the tracks i have are 'wad' files, referring to the files "nurburgring2001.wad", that is.

So my question is, how do you convert them from wad to gp4, or is there some other trick to this.

Thanks,

Slash.

Re: I know i will get flamed for asking this but...
Date: May 21, 2006 07:45AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
First of all visit here & download easywad by zaz..."this is one of the the many tools available to unpack the wad files".

[www.grandprixgames.org]

when you unzip this program to your hard drive ..check the small associate with gp4 files..now go to your gp4 directory & double click on a track wad & it will start to decompress (un pack)...when it's done open (example) C:\Program Files\infrogames\Grandprix4\\interlagos2001\maps\interlagos2001 in here open the .gp4 file with 3d editor.....now you can follow the rest of the detailed guide supplied with the mr pibbs stands........

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2006 07:52AM by jimbob1.
Date: May 21, 2006 09:18AM
Posted by: mortal
Please do not kick the doggie :-(

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
OMG :D :D :D

yeah, the search function is a bit rubbish, comes up with gazillions of results - no wonder there's loads of threads asking the same question!

Date: May 21, 2006 11:10AM
Posted by: Nickv
That's because of loads of threads asking the same question!
@Slasher: My applogies. I went to great effort to make a very precise and clear set of installation instructions for these pitstands, complete with step by step screen shots. I have had some very good feed back from this too. :)

Perhaps it would be useful to make a set of instructions with step by step screenshots on how to unpack and repack wads too. If there's enough demand for this I'll go ahead and make one.

Regards,

Mr Pibb

Not your fault Mr Pibb.

I tried using the search function, but could only get so far. Try throwing in a search for ".gp4" etc and see what you come up with. Dont get me wrong, the search function is an excellent tool WHEN you can sift through all the bullshit that lies within.

I still had problems. Went by your instructions to a tee, but couldnt see anything in the game.

Thats why im on now, to try and figure the problem, and have just realised by your comment "...on how to unpack and repack wads too", that i believe i now need to repack the wad. I gather its exactly the same as when installing new cars, which i am quite familiar with. I cant believe i missed that simple point, ahh well, the trials and tribulations of GP4!!!

So i will give that a crack and see how things run.

Once again, thanks for your help and your, well i will say excellent piece of work with the pitstands. Looking forward to them when i see them.

Slash.

Update: Yep, it worked, dont i feel like a dummy!

Yes, excellent work Mr Pibbs!!!

You should know that the work you and others like Lo2k put in is appreciated by people like me who battle to work out how to turn computers on let alone work out how the hell to modify games like this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2006 03:51AM by Slasher.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy