I found *someone* has stolen Intweb's car!

Posted by Shell 
Re: I found *someone* has stolen Inteweb's car!
Date: May 14, 2006 09:38PM
Posted by: Shell
vesuvius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yes he has modified Intweb's car and released it
> without permission but he hasnt said it's
> completely his he said in forum that it's Intweb's
> car modified by him but anyway it's wrong to
> release it without permission .

why didn't he write down author's name in readme?On the contrary, it says, it was made by him in 11 days without any bug! Oh, my god!If you r a car's author, will you let users go to some forum to see readme? If that is so, why did he put a readme file with many puzzled words in his carset pack?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2006 09:45PM by Shell.
Date: May 14, 2006 09:56PM
Posted by: mismi
As he has been up to do the McLaren from scratch,
why isn't he doing the fw28 the same way.

And so that to be excused, he could release it "open source" with no greetings due.
Alexan-F1 Alexander-F1 do you realise you are breaking laws? one day you will end up in jail if someone decides to take you to civil court. have you ever heard of the word copyright? you are breaking civil and criminal laws. make your own car, dont steal someone elses and modify the nose, and tell people you made it. You are a total cheat. if you are a religious person, please go to confession. please remove your williams car, and the whole 2006 mod. and also please make a public apology on your website. because if you dont, believe you me, you are playing dangerously, and you will get in big trouble one day. nobody respects you, you make yourself look like a total loser, low life scum, and everyone hates you. i bet you cant sleep properly at night. punch urself in the face please.
Somewhen please tell me but, cos i kinda understand where these people are coming from. If the credit is given in the mod, and of the williams car, do they really need special permission? cos after all the cars are released freeware. I can actually now see why giving credit to authors, how it can be seen as acceptable, especially if the guys on the site are kids. they may be young kids, and dont know better.
A thought:
maybe if car authors charged for their cars, would that then be worse to release a car in a mod? i mean people do it all the time in game modding. ricardo lambert releases modified tracks that he didnt build from scratch, he doesnt ask geoff cramond for permission. so is this really any different? i mean grand prix 4 has copyrights on it doesnt it? does intwebs williams car have copyrights?
Im just thinking out loud...
But this car modified by alexenderf1 shouldnt be downloaded, cos he advertises the car as being made by him, that really is crook.
It explicity says in all readme's by any author that you don't have permission to use it unless you ask for it.

When a file is downloaded with this in the readme, it forms a contract with the end user, which says that they will use it, and only edit and release it with prior consent. To edit and release without permission, is technically illegal under any kind of law, particularly since this (and most others) are private servers which specify in the rules that leaching / stealing will not be permitted
Date: May 14, 2006 10:38PM
LOL ...

Supposing I solve P = NP, should I thank Aristote and ... or God.

Has Knopfler ever mentionned Hendrix as one of his influences?
Obviously no, by the way you know where some of his tricks come from.

(Reminds me that he his last article as a journalist was about Jimi performance
at the Ilse of Wight festival, his last concert)

Date: May 14, 2006 10:51PM
(Stop giggling ...)

Has someone been hurted or killed (except Kenny)?

Some here reminds me Microsoft vs ...
Anyway can someone get ride of Win does ... ?

Maybe if there's something better getting out ... (int web, sun, unix, Help)
it will be forgotten ...

Waiting this moment, whatever are the law infringed, I keep using XP (and so on)
to play GP4.

("... You see what I mean? If you don't you will soon enough";)
Date: May 14, 2006 10:54PM
Posted by: Vader
mismi Wrote:
> LOL ...
>
> Supposing I solve P = NP, should I thank Aristote
> and ... or God.
>
> Has Knopfler ever mentionned Hendrix as one of his
> influences?
> Obviously no, by the way you know where some of
> his tricks come from.
>
> (Reminds me that he his last article as a
> journalist was about Jimi performance
> at the Ilse of Wight festival, his last concert)
>

What has this got to do with the discussion? We are not talking about influences but about blatant copies. When did Marc Knopfler ever COPY a Hendrix song note by note, claiming it was his own song? When did Hendrix ever forbid the copying of his songs unless someone asked for permission? Even if I should really refuse to discuss these things with someone who a) does misspell the name of "Aristotle" and b) sees any musical relationship between Jimi Hendrix and Marc Knopfler (yawn!) - fact is that

a) this does NOT support leeching
b) using work of others without permission is leeching

All I can say is: Live with that or leave.

Even if I personally don't always understand why car makers don't give permissions, we on gpgames.org accept and respect their decisions. FULLSTOP.

Since I'm getting tired of all this, please stop trying to find excuses. there aren't. Accept our rules or find another forum to cause trouble. We don't want you here.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 14, 2006 11:06PM
sorry I'm french so it explains "Aristotle" & "Aristote".
(Please don't be so serious, don't you see I'm laughing)

Concerning Hendrix & Knopfler, Knopfler is my favourite guitarist.
I'm also playing the guitar and I perfectly now most of Dire Straits songs.

By the way, I also appreciate Hendrix (+ Clapton + Page + Gilmour).

I learned Hendrix songs after Knopfler ones.
In fact I played fingerpinking (Mark picking) at first, and I switched to mediator few years ago (2, I've been playing for 12 years).

Knopfler is closed to Hendrix as much as Clapton is closed to BB King (see what I mean).
Despite the fact that I learned playing Hendrix after Knopfler, as Knopfler came after Hendrix, I can conclude ...

By the way, what's the point ?
(lol, hope you remember)
Date: May 14, 2006 11:07PM
Posted by: mortal
Just for the record, Alexan-F1 or whatever he chooses to call himself has once more been politely shown the door. If any user is not willing to acept the grandprixgames.org position on its support for its members viz-a-viz the theft of bandwidth and using work without permission you'll be shown the door as well.
I am seeing far to many mis-informed users trying to argue the case. I strongly suggest to these people that they get their facts well in order before posting here. Perhaps some of these users could open their eyes and read the sticky thread re GPRF mod for starters. If I have to read any more misinformed crap about this I'll start collecting ip addresses and removing users, as much as I find it personally distasteful to do so. I've had just about enough of some people trying to justify what is plainly outright THEFT. That is all.
mortalwombat

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Oh for goodness sake, why learn the guitar just to regurgitate a song? Learn the song's basic riffs and bits then just put some sh!t hot riffs of your own over it, it's much more satisfying believe me ;) I've been doing that for 6 years
Date: May 14, 2006 11:11PM
I forgot:

1. I ain't got no problems with rules involved here
2. I don't search excuses
3. Is it worth to do all that as nobody's life has been endangered
4. Does somebody makes money with gp4?
Date: May 14, 2006 11:19PM
@zeppelin:
In concert, people appreaciate to hear songs they know.

As most of us playing gp4, I sometimes appreciate to take myself for someone else
(Schumacher for gp4, knopfler for the guitar)

Don't worry I've got my own style (closer to Clapton's one),
and most of the time I improvise (just need a "canvas";).
mismi Wrote:
> @zeppelin:
> In concert, people appreaciate to hear songs they
> know.

They appreciate it more if you don't play it textbook and make it your own ;-)
Date: May 14, 2006 11:25PM
Posted by: quickslick
@Adam,what do you mean with the link? do you mean the mod 98 for gp4?
Date: May 14, 2006 11:27PM
That's why I appreciate Dire Straits (Knopfler) as he rarely plays songs textbook.
I have about 20 live versions of "Sultans Of Swing" and this song is always played a different way (but with the same "canvas";).

The same for Clapton, Hendrix & Page.
Live version are always different from one to another and to the album version.

(What is this forum about? lol)
Date: May 15, 2006 09:11AM
Posted by: fongu
i'm still moaning at them to get my SA off their mod in their forum, and now the whole threads disappeared, along with my original comments made about the williams being leeched :/
I'm starting to think i want to get some money from this ;)

Date: May 15, 2006 09:25AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
best way to do is to overload their servers with bogus traffic so their website becomes unusable.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: May 15, 2006 10:45AM
Posted by: vesuvius
fongu Wrote:
> i'm still moaning at them to get my SA off their
> mod in their forum, and now the whole threads
> disappeared, along with my original comments made
> about the williams being leeched :/
> I'm starting to think i want to get some money
> from this
>
>

they removed the thread to other place in the forum under the russian language .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy