Imola 2001 circuit :Tamburello & villeneuve turns restored

Posted by Anonymous User 
Imola 2001 circuit :Tamburello & villeneuve turns restored
Date: May 13, 2006 10:51AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
This is the result of a little project i started over a long weekend to give myself a challenge.....i have restored the

tamburello & villeneuve turns to the older layout...i'm not claiming these to be perfect

but..this is a nice alternative if you liked the old imola 81-94 layout....

Thanks to: lo2k for the 3d editor & tex resizer...[www.realgpx.com]
Thanks to: Martin (Ruboy) for the cc line..

download links:

[rapidshare.de]

[download.yousendit.com]

[www.gp4italia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2006 08:26PM by jimbob1.
thanks
good work

X (@ed24f1)
:O wonderful!
nice one jim :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks nice - two thumbs up.
I wonder how duffer's one is coming along :)

H E L L O
and i wonder why is it 2001 :P

I'm against sigpics
because the default GP4 track are from 2001;-)

Re: Imola 2001 circuit :Tamburello & villeneuve turns restored
Date: May 13, 2006 05:57PM
@paco.

the reason this is 2001 is because i didn't want to cause any confusion about this & the 94 version duffer is currently working on...as the title of this post says..this is the 2001 imola track with modified tamburello & villeneuve turns..
the rest of track apart from a few updated adds is standard 2001 track...& as ruboy kindly pointed out the default gp4 tracks are 2001...

@everyone else

thanks for kind words...this track is nice to drive for me..i really enjoyed the old layout in gp3........i always enjoyed the old tamburello curve ..i wanted to build this for myself if anything to drive....but i decided to share it with the gp4 community....i did a reversed tamburello curve in my rousseau track as a tribute i think i mentioned this when i released this track....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2006 05:58PM by jimbob1.
This could be nicer with 1994 adverts. But great work anyway.
Date: May 13, 2006 06:09PM
[FIN]Räkä Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This could be nicer with 1994 adverts. But great
> work anyway.

i thought about this, but i didn't want to interfere/duplicate the work in progress by duffer on imola 94....this is just something i made for myself to have fun with....anyway....not to repeat myself.....this isn't "imola 94"...just imola post 94 with two of my favourite turns/curves restored......
i'm looking forward to duffers 94 version as much as the next guy....
till then.......................

jim, ok, i see :)

i also did the old tamburello some time ago, just for fun, to see if it worked, and it did, but it didn't go further than that.

I'm against sigpics
@jimbob : If i find Imola 1994 on my hard drive i can send you if you want to finish it. I stop all of my GP4 project.

I prefer try to build my life at this time.

--------------------------------------------

Date: May 13, 2006 07:07PM
Duffer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @jimbob : If i find Imola 1994 on my hard drive i
> can send you if you want to finish it. I stop all
> of my GP4 project.
>
> I prefer try to build my life at this time.
>
>
>
> Informations about the 1994 Season --> 1994
> Season

that sounds good duffer...if you still have your work to date so far..i'd like to take a look at it & see what needs to be done to complete....thanks....

just send me a pm or something....
For me, this is just a "stop gap" for imola 1994 :) but I am very pleased someone is doing it, making imola actually a good track again :)

I hope you and duffer work something out, well done.

Cheers, Daniel

H E L L O
great work thanks
I think this layout is the best one, Jim. The old Tamburello and Villeneuve were much more fun than the dreadful chicanes that replaced them. But I think the modifications to Acque Minerale and Variante Bassa were for the better. Acque Minerale is more challenging than the boring chicane to slow the cars. And to eliminate the first part of Variante Bassa (where Barrichelo crashed in 94) was a great idea. I find it a great place for overtaking. In opinion, you don't need to change anything, Jim.
Thank you for this! I have been wanting to drive the old layout for a long time in GP4, and now I finally can!

Please continue to develop Imola as you see fit, I'm loking forward to more good things!

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Yer but pedro, it would be nice to continue duffer's 1994 work for the 1994 mod :) And I always found the 1994 one fun, that chicane coming down at the bottom of the hill was suprisingly fun!

H E L L O
Date: May 15, 2006 04:15AM
Jim Absolutely fantastic the new curvs and always you do great job with each track.

Cheers. :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy