problem with rear light

Posted by mwb 
problem with rear light
Date: May 02, 2006 08:35PM
Posted by: mwb
Hi all,

I've only noticed this recently but the rear light on my McLaren seems to be misaligned. As you can see from the picture, it doesn't look very good. It only happens with the McLaren. Is there anything I can change to overcome this or am I stuck with it?

Thanks for any help. :)

Re: problem with rear light
Date: May 02, 2006 09:06PM
Posted by: ChrisJ
Hi mwb!

This is a shape-issue. The position of the glowing rear light is an object in the shape-file. Here is it simply not aligned perfectly.

I don't know how familiar you are with shaping and so on, however what you could do is open the shape with ZModeler and move the object "rear_light_glow" a bit backwards.

regards
chris
Date: May 02, 2006 09:21PM
Well I've got Zmodeler but I've never really used it. Do I just select file, open and then choose the shape. Or do I have to import it?

Is there a guide for zmodeler?

Sorry for being a complete noob! All the GP4 stuff is alot more complicated than the GP2 stuff I was used to!

Date: May 02, 2006 09:38PM
Posted by: Muks_C
open the file in 3DEditor first, then save it to another folder (this unlocks the shape so you can import it in ZM) then open ZM and select import and import the new file you saved somewhere. then edit it, and put it back into the wad and recompile it.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: May 02, 2006 09:56PM
I can open the file in 3d editor and then save but I can only save as the file type gp4. ZM won't let me import it. Am I missing something?

Date: May 02, 2006 10:07PM
Posted by: ChrisJ
Make sure you are using ZModeler v1.07 and then don't click "Open" but "Import" to choose the shape-file.

regards
chris
Date: May 02, 2006 10:32PM
I downloaded ZM 1.07 and can now import the file. How do I go about moving the rear light. As I said, I've never used ZM before and it looks quite complicated. Had a quick look through the help files but it didn't really help me. Sorry to keep bothering you.

Date: May 17, 2006 12:09AM
Sorry to drag this up again but I installed a new Renault from Gp4italia. It's having the same problems that my McLaren was suffering with. Is it something with my game or is it just the way that the car makers have created it? In other words, will every car I try and install have this problem?

Thanks for your help.
Date: May 17, 2006 12:11AM
Posted by: Muks_C
it will be the way the carmakers have made it. installing the cars into your game won't change the shapes of the car.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2006 11:46AM by Muks_C.
Date: May 17, 2006 09:53AM
Well I got hold of ROM's Renault from Bahrain and thats fine. Just my luck to pick two cars that have the same problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy