95 Beta Mod: Tweaker FF Effects?

Posted by Jagdpanzer 
95 Beta Mod: Tweaker FF Effects?
Date: April 25, 2006 06:39AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
I understand there is a steering wheel vibration effect that can be enabled with GP4 Tweaker. The 2002 mod has this effect enabled and its quite nice. I would like to enable it for the 95 beta as well. This isn't configurable in the Tweaker GUI, as only strength factor and coefficient can be changed there.

The Force Feedback Effects Configurations in the 95 beta says: "; Notes:
; This tweak will gives you more feedback effects into your game controller,
; and absolutely different than another tweak called Force Feedback Strength.
; By enabling this tweak, you will get additional vibration effects rather
; than default linear effect on GP4."

AND this one, which is what I want: "; Engine Vibration
; This effect gives steering vibration depend on car engine RPM"

There are two sets of values for [FF_EFFECT_01] and [FF_EFFECT_02], and this is how they currently appear:

[FF_EFFECT_01]
VALUE01 = 1 ; enable state (0=off, 1=on)
VALUE02 = 3 ; TYPE_SINE, see notes above (possible value: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
VALUE03 = 75 ; effect strength, in percent (0-100)
VALUE04 = 0 ; unused
VALUE05 = 0 ; unused
VALUE06 = 0 ; unused

; Out of Track Bump
; This effect gives strong steering vibration if the car off the track
; note: suitable for wheel controller only

[FF_EFFECT_02]
VALUE01 = 1 ; enable state (0=off, 1=on)
VALUE02 = 2 ; TYPE_SQUARE, see notes above (possible value: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
VALUE03 = 100 ; effect strength, in percent (0-100)
VALUE04 = 0 ; unused

What values do I need to imput here to enable the engine steering vibration effect?

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2006 06:39AM by Jagdpanzer.
Re: 95 Beta Mod: Tweaker FF Effects?
Date: April 25, 2006 10:06AM
bump......

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: April 25, 2006 10:32AM
Posted by: Madman271
The above settings used only to configure the individual FF effects tweaking. If you would like to enable the tweak, open gp4tweak.ini with text editor. Under SYSTEM_TWEAKS_ENABLE section, enable (set non-zeros) to either or both of these settings:

FFEffect = 1
FFEffectGP4v100 = 1 ; optional, for GP4.exe v1.0 only (buggy)

Does this fills the question?

Note:
gp4tweak.ini file can be found mostly on GP4 folder.

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: April 25, 2006 10:46PM
Madman, thanks for responding. The GP4tweak.ini file you mentioned isn't present in my GP4 main folder. However, in the GPSAVES folder it is present in my 1979, 1999, 2002, and 2005 car sets.

The 95 beta has a seperate folder called tweaker/gp4tweak_data where there is a config file for each of the tweaks to change the individual FF effects tweaking, but there is no central config file to actually activate the steering vibration.

If I cut and paste the gp4tweak.ini file from another mod to this folder, and then activate the FF tweak, would it work correctly?

Date: April 26, 2006 07:19AM
Since the 95 beta has a seperate folder called tweaker/gp4tweak_data where there is a config file for each of the tweaks to change the individual FF effects tweaking, but there is no central config file to actually activate the steering vibration, I tried to cut and paste the gp4tweak.ini file from another mod to this folder, and then activate the FF tweak.

Well, it still isn't working in the 95 beta. Tony? ZaZ? MadMan? Anybody have a clue what I need to do to get this going in the 95 beta mod?

Date: April 26, 2006 03:50PM
Posted by: Madman271
If this MOD designed to run with CSM, try to look at MOD configuration file for CSM. The settings inside gp4tweak.ini file (or equivalent) may reside somewhere within this 95-MOD folders. The file probably already stored in [GP4_dir]\GPSAVES\[95-MOD_dir]\tweaker\ or [GP4_dir]\GPSAVES\[95-MOD_dir]\tweaker\gp4tweak_data\ directory.

It is also possible that this 95-MOD does not shipped with gp4tweak.dll with FF effects built-in (e.g. older DLL version), thus there is no option available for FF effects. If this is the case, replace the DLL with the latest gp4tweak.dll file (1.0.45 Public Update 5, or also known as 1.0.45 Reloaded) into the 95-MOD.

Unfortunately I'm not quite familiar with managing CSM settings or how does CSM work with specific file, so I don't know how to explain the detailed procedures regarding to this issue. I think ZaZ or 95-MOD maker (Tony?) could explain this even better.

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: April 26, 2006 04:01PM
Posted by: vesuvius
wow you are back madman ;) will you continue working on with gp4tweaker ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2006 04:02PM by vesuvius.
Date: April 26, 2006 05:06PM
Posted by: ZaZ
I have the 95 mod on my HD and this will be the easiest way to enable it (i think)

open these 3 files:
Data/Tweaker/gp4tweak_Forti.ini
Data/Tweaker/gp4tweak_Pacific.ini
Data/Tweaker/gp4tweak_Simtek.ini

then change FFEffect=0 to FFEffect=1 in all 3 of them and save the files
of course, if you have gp4 v1.0 then change the other key

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: April 26, 2006 11:13PM
Madman, ZaZ, I want to thank both of you for responding! ZaZ, you were right. I enabled the FF vibration effects for the three minnow teams and this enabled them for all the cars as well. Thanks for straightening this out for me!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2006 02:06AM by Jagdpanzer.
Date: April 27, 2006 03:07AM
Posted by: ZaZ
You're welcome :)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy