GPRF MOD TEAM CLOSED BY MODERATOR

Posted by Fury 
If you like gp4 and you want to play more realistic game, do not touch us.
el salvador......
Bahrain is a beta version, so you do not get permission to use it.
Nobody can include it in a mod at the moment, but everybody is free to download it and play or modify for himself/herself...

Bahrain is heavily under (re)construction so current updates/releases are useless.
Alexander-F1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you like gp4 and you want to play more
> realistic game, do not touch us.

i agree, if we like gp4 and we want to play more realistic dont touch that mod, could change our mind easily ;)

- - - - -
Roberto - CTDP

www.rob38designs.co.nr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2006 03:23PM by R0b3rt0_38.
I think it has nothing to do with whether you are skilled in making a good mod or not - to be honest I do not really see that anyone here is jealous or has bad opinion about the quality of your mod.
It's rather about the way HOW things are published and HOW comments are written. It should be just normal to contact every single author and ask about permission. It's not fair to publish a list of what is needed by which author because it might force the authors to give permission. If they do not give it comments like 'Why don't you give permission? You are just jealous/arrogant/etc. ...' emerge and that is bad because every modder has put much work into it and also has the right to say no.
It's just about the way HOW you do it. For me, it is no problem to give permission when someone gently asks and behaves respectfulyl. Reasonless insults and critics are the wrong way.
That's the point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2006 03:44PM by Ruboy.
huummm, it smells the mod in jeopardy.

GeZeRe

gezere Wrote:
> huummm, it smells the mod in jeopardy.
>
> GeZeRe
>
>

hein? jeopardy? wtf is that? ;)

- - - - -
Roberto - CTDP

www.rob38designs.co.nr
"en péril" in french in the text.
ça m'apprendra à vouloir faire l'anglais !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2006 03:56PM by gezere.
ah, quesque tu dirais de ''in danger'' a la place, plus simple ;)

- - - - -
Roberto - CTDP

www.rob38designs.co.nr
Ruboy Wrote:
> I think it has nothing to do with whether you are
> skilled in making a good mod or not - to be honest
> I do not really see that anyone here is jealous or
> has bad opinion about the quality of your mod.
> It's rather about the way HOW things are published
> and HOW comments are written. It should be just
> normal to contact every single author and ask
> about permission. It's not fair to publish a list
> of what is needed by which author because it might
> force the authors to give permission. If they do
> not give it comments like 'Why don't you give
> permission? You are just jealous/arrogant/etc.
> ...' emerge and that is bad because every modder
> has put much work into it and also has the right
> to say no.
> It's just about the way HOW you do it. For me, it
> is no problem to give permission when someone
> gently asks and behaves respectfulyl. Reasonless
> insults and critics are the wrong way.
> That's the point.
>
>
>
>
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at 04/18/06 03:44PM by
> Ruboy.

well said martin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But we also put much work into our mod and we do it for people who like to play gp4.
on a side note, i contaced you long ago about the nurburgring track being hosted on your site, and so far have no reply and the file is still available.

____
Tony

Made the same with MP2005. Maybe he read only he want to read.
Alexander-F1 Wrote:
> But we also put much work into our mod and we do
> it for people who like to play gp4.

Yes, this is absolutely ok if it is YOUR work.

jpmfw Wrote:
> slagging off guys like tony,and the guys over at
> gp4italia, a much loved site, is no way to win
> friends
>

I was waiting for you to join the fray mate ;)

@zep,you know me,i`ll fight for the good guys all the way mate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It has nothing to do with us thinking you are cool or not cool enough. The rules are the rules and they apply to everyone. They are as follows:

We do not tolerate leechers and those that steal other peoples work. We expect people to show due respect for the artists efforts and ask for permission to use their work, and accept if permission is denied.

On the other hand, we will not dictate what people can do and cannot do in their own home on their own computers. This leaves us in the position that we will not step in, when people mod, change, reshape, retexture, recycle the work of other people, as long as it is for private use, and there is no distribution.

As for screenshots of such work... its a matter of tact and social skills.

So you see... release a mod without proper permissions and you are in the kind of trouble that mortalwombat described. We put up these rules to help the modders from all sorts of weird situations - social pressure being one of them ;-)

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2006 10:28PM by Morbid.
How somebody can say that is a ferrari?
me you that my ferrari is not perfect but that thing that maked J-Uskoff
for anything a ferrari is but well a mixture of several cars is of who knows who?
trying to make seem that to a ferrari, I regret to say this but that is what I think of that ferrari

sorry but I think that ;)

...:::ViVa MeXiCo CaBrOnEs:::...
We also use works from russian authors and some people (who is on our site) usually help us with some updates and it does not mean that we use only your works. We would like to win respect from other sites and we think that we also need help from international users.
All this arguing could have been avoided if the usual mail and pm method would have been used. The community here at GPG are always willing to help anyone with anything,within reason.Sadly the respect and help you talk about will be harder to get if this is how you intend to try and gain that respect and help.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy