dividing car

Posted by Marks 
dividing car
Date: April 05, 2006 06:41PM
Posted by: Marks
when I crash and loose a part of my car, suddenly a 2nd car of me, a copy or so, is still mounted on the lost part. So when I crash and loose only a small frontwing plate, a whole bodywork is attached to it and it looks very unrealistic:P. What can I do against it?
Re: dividing car
Date: April 05, 2006 06:49PM
Posted by: Paco
avoid crashing :P

I'm against sigpics
Date: April 05, 2006 06:50PM
Posted by: Muks_C
don't crash?

it's just something that is done when the car is made, i dubt there is anything you can do to change it, unless you know how to alter the shape in ZModeller.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: April 05, 2006 08:04PM
No I dont know how to do that..... But why is it me who has this problem:P:S
Date: April 05, 2006 08:07PM
Posted by: Nickv
You don't know how to avoid crashing? Maybe Burnout Revenge suits you better ;)

But post a screenshot to show us what you mean.
Date: April 05, 2006 08:11PM
Posted by: pippo10
i know what you mean beceause i have the same problemm with my bmw and mf1 cars... happy that you asked this on the forum so maybe there will be a fix 4 this

FORZA FERRARI
Date: April 05, 2006 08:15PM
Posted by: vesuvius
it's because of the lower lod's .
Date: April 05, 2006 08:18PM
Posted by: pippo10

i smashed against the wall and the other thing you see comes of my car and it keeps rolling and rolling...

FORZA FERRARI
Date: April 05, 2006 08:30PM
Posted by: kizz360
vesuvius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it's because of the lower lod's .

its not, its down to the object order i beleive, open with 3d editor, sort car objects , then import into zmoddeller and the export as a .gp4. its important that you import/export from zmodeller or the the car wont work in game

Date: April 05, 2006 09:12PM
Posted by: gezere
You are right Kizz360.
It's a problem which is occuring when car's object are not in the right order.

I know it has been fixed with the last version of Vasstek's Midland available
to GP4 Carpainting.(Go to this site, there are some interesting things which are coming with the car)

Don't think it will be done for the BMW because mckey asked to vasstek to not release an improved version (dark (stupid?) history of authorisation).

In any case you can do it yourself with Zmodeler. It's not difficult.LoL

GeZeRe

Date: April 05, 2006 10:06PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i used to get this a lot with the 2005 Jordan.

and even now with a couple of cars, the frontwing breaks, but it takes the bargeboards with it too.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: April 05, 2006 10:11PM
tomorrow i will give it a shot.... thanx for helping!
Date: April 06, 2006 09:04AM
Posted by: b-tone
its just badly built cars. people should take the time to learn how to do it properly. those sorts of things are very simple things.

> mckey asked to vasstek to not release an improved
> version (dark (stupid?) history of
> authorisation).

changed and improved have diffferent meanings.

____
Tony

Date: April 06, 2006 09:23AM
Indeed Tony. I dont know how to make a car, but if you make a car you should do it properly, becouse this is irritating me and lots of other people.
Date: April 06, 2006 10:09AM
Posted by: Monza972
looks freaky but thts cool (well not really)
Date: April 06, 2006 01:58PM
Kizz, you say that it is important to import/export with zmodeler. Is that important because it has to be a GP4 file, or is it that it just has to go through zmodeler. In my opinion, the Zmodeler thing doesnt change anything.
Date: April 06, 2006 02:10PM
Posted by: fongu
if you saved using 3deditor - you will get some transparent parts - so importing/exporting in zmodeler fixes that

Date: April 06, 2006 02:17PM
1 last question about it Fongu, how to use it with Zmodeler. I do it this way:
First I open 3deditor, (only lod_0 or all??) than I selected lod 0. I sorted the car objects and saved it. Than I opened zmodeler, i used the blue (import)arrow and imported the file that I just had saved. Afther that, I saved it. There was no option to save it automatically as a GP4 file, so I typed GP.4 after car_sauber1_lod0 (something like that:P) and than I created a new car.wad and overwrote the old one, but no changing. plz tell wat to do
Date: April 06, 2006 04:45PM
Posted by: fongu
export using the red arrow ;-) do check it with one of the original cars to see if all 26 (or is it 28?!) objects are there and correctly named... and make sure all the tgas (with correct names and no hi_ before them) are loaded.

Date: April 14, 2006 12:36PM
Posted by: Ruboy
I need some help with ZModeler:

I export two .gp4 files as .3ds from 3DEditor and import them with ZM.
Now I select both objetcs, press SEL, and use the Create/Objects/UniteSelect function in order to put them together.
Ok, fine now I have only one object instead of two. The problem is when I open/reimport them with 3DEditor this one object still consists of two parts - but I only want one part because the two objects have the same texture.
It's not a big problem but I want to have as few parts a possible - that is one instead of two.
Why doesn't it work? I know that I once managed to do this:(

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy