2005 mod: Changing team 11?

Posted by Jagdpanzer 
2005 mod: Changing team 11?
Date: April 04, 2006 04:41AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Never really messed about with team 11, being content to run the Virgin team in that slot. But recently I found a car I would like to try there. However, I can't seem to get it to work.

I replaced the graphics in the team 11 folder with the graphics files from the new car (all based on Prost lods I think), keeping the Virgin cockpit. But the new car isn't showing. I keep getting the Virgin car. Even after selecting custom car for team 11 in CSM configure.

Apparently I am missing something here. Can someone tell me what steps I need to take to get this car operational instead of the Virgin car?

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Re: 2005 mod: Changing team 11?
Date: April 04, 2006 07:37AM
Posted by: quickslick
maybe you simply forget to enable the 11th team? I've changed the virgin team with iwe's arrows a26 and enabled the 11th team in the csm configure and works fine here:-)
Date: April 04, 2006 09:08AM
Posted by: b-tone
um, best option - wait for the final mod :D

at a guess i'd replace every file in the team11 folder. i don't remember how it was done, but i guess theres a teamm11 folder with .gp4 files and then a hi, lo, std folders with .tex files?
replace them all and it should work.

____
Tony

Date: April 15, 2006 03:35PM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
How I have to rename the files if I want to put my car directly to the cars.wad replacing team 11? I tried hi_prost.tex, .gp4-files and so on but no luck. :(
Date: April 15, 2006 03:44PM
Posted by: Muks_C
@ [FIN]Räkä, rename the LODs of the car you want to put in to "Prost", but DON'T change the name of the tex files that come with that car.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: April 16, 2006 07:00AM
I now have the new Super Aguri by Fongu installed for my 11th team and it looks great. Now, how would I go about installing new helmets to replace Doornbos and Kovalainen with Sato and Ide?

I downloaded the new Ide helmet by Panky, and replaced driver23_1 and driver23_2 tex files in the cars wad with the new ones, but I'm still getting Kovalainen's helmet in the Aguri.

Should those tex files have been placed in the team 11/teamarts/helmets folder in the 2005 mod instead?

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: April 16, 2006 04:26PM
Posted by: Muks_C
I have Aguri in the 2001 Arrows slot, so the driver are numbers 14 and 15.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: April 16, 2006 11:38PM
Thanks Muks, but I installed the Aguri as the 11th or fantasy team in the 2005 mod via CSM. The Aguri is fine, as are the pit crew, and I installed the BAR cockpit for the Aguri so I'm fine there too.

It's just the helmets that are throwing me off. I though that by replacing the Kovalainen driver23_1 and driver23_2 tex files with those for the Ide helmet I would get it to show up, but it isn't working for me...

Date: April 16, 2006 11:43PM
Posted by: b-tone
the mod uses no wads, so replace the files in data/helmets/hi/kovalainen.

____
Tony

Date: April 17, 2006 01:45AM
D'OH! I should have known that Tony. Thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy