The GP4 ai W300 Series Startup Thread 'Team Slots Open'

Posted by MarcA 
Re: The w300 Thread
Date: April 03, 2006 10:50PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
roflmao i completely forgot about that :P
anywho yeh i'm honest, my bluntness on the forums should be evident to that and i have no reason to be biased :P
Date: April 03, 2006 10:53PM
Posted by: MarcA
Am I still a retard? ;)

Date: April 03, 2006 10:55PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
iceman paul is a driver marc, for scolari w300, unless he wants to start his own team ;)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: April 03, 2006 11:07PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
LOL nah thanks I'll just stick to the driving!!

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: April 03, 2006 11:25PM
Posted by: Diax F1
What's the current driver and team line-up? I'd like to drive again. ^_^
Date: April 04, 2006 03:07AM
Posted by: mortal
SCR is in with Bernie Bolt and Lucinda Yeung, no test driver yet.
I will need a performance file for the first race from someone, post your suggested files for testing please, note all drivers are to be equal, don't make the cars overly quick, bhp around 780Qualy & 800Race is ok. The range cannot be low as driver points have to be subtracted from this figure, therefore no driver can then be 0 range in 5 races. All drivers must get points in order to adjust each driver and teams performance throughought the season so I propose the same points system which ultimately makes my job easier to calculate the series if it uses the same points method as the WGP. I just posted the WGP points after the first round at Albert Park if anyone wants to know how it will work.

The W300 will start when there's a full grid, a firm calendar, (with no races alongside the official F1 calendar) a set of perf files, and someone to do the news items including posting the race results in jpeg form like what the WGP does now.

@Mini, are you a team owner or a driver, I personally would prefer a team-owner to be "Race Director" or preferably a Race Director who has no affiliation with the W300.

Currently Guido relinquished his driver position in the WGP to take on the race director job so I'm not in a hurry to have a W300 driver as the W300 race director, sorry but them's the rules.
It will happen but given that the WGP just started it might take a little while to get it going :-)
mortal

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: The W300 Series Startup Thread
Date: April 04, 2006 03:32AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
I have no affliation at all never posted an interest to be a team owner or driver1
No races alongside the F1 Calendar eh?
Well i do have a proposed calendar which i can alter for W300 how many races for the season? Can i include 1 or 2 non world championship races seeing as the cars cant actually test during the season?
Shouldnt the performance be higher in qualy mortal :P. and shouldnt something more like 700-730 suffice? i currently have F1 cars in my GP4 running from 855 - 800bhp

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2006 03:43AM by Mini Maestro.
Date: April 04, 2006 04:43AM
In that case you'd better do it if you're happy to, I'm aware brunoboi would have liked the job but as he's driving the field might not agree ;-)
No races alongside the F1 calendar is only because the WGP runs alongside the F1 calendar and I don't want to be doing two sets of figures in one weekend :-) How many races? How long is a piece of string? Post your calendar and team owners can decide on it later when there's more team entries.
The current perf files for wgp show drivers @ 16000q 600range or var & 16050 race and 620 range or var. Only for the first race, then the points kick in and the drivers ability & range is tweaked accordingly, a DNF = no perf tweak. Total driver points per team divided by 4 is the formula to adjust the team perf and bhp, same as the wgp.
All you need is a perf file with a realistic bhp for the w300 car, keeping in mind the highest possible score for a team is 30+25 for 1st & 2nd, giving a team total of 55 performance points. Divided by 4 = 13.75, a 13bhp addition for Q & R and 0.75 stored in the 'garage' & added after the next round as a whole number. So you cannot have a too high BHP to start off with otherwise it will climb to an unrealistically high level over the season, well in theory it might do. I will say that I know "stuff-all" about the numbers and the WGP set is based on an original by Flash Formula, only the BHP allocation has changed to a fairer mrthod. I will say that if the numbers don't work they can have an 'official change' and only by the consensus of all team owners. It's early days yet and it's all up for discussion on how you guys would like it done :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 04, 2006 06:16AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Could I setup a W300 team? I'm Senna BR Racing #1 driver, but I could go under a different name... maybe Gui Noronha ;). I'd paint the car and come up with 2 drivers easily :)
Date: April 04, 2006 07:17AM
Show me the money lol :) Make your team!

Date: April 04, 2006 09:12AM
Posted by: jonny
JJ Racing plan to set up a W300 team, with one driver already confirmed.

www.footballsfinestgfx.co.uk
Date: April 04, 2006 12:35PM
Posted by: gezere
HI to all.

Unfortunately I will not have the time to take apart of this serie
but if some guys don't have a car ready (and all add-ons around it)
it's with pleasure,I will give the authorisation to use my
full pack VIPER GP.

If somebody is interested, just ask me

GeZeRe

Date: April 04, 2006 01:07PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
It's not painted on the GP2 template ;-)
Date: April 04, 2006 01:26PM
Posted by: brunoboi
nice to see we are finally getting under way

Date: April 04, 2006 01:29PM
Posted by: Nillis
Hate to be the fool (again) but i've been reading the WGP thread and this one. But what is it all about?

It all looks really interesting... having plenty of fun just reading what goes on :)
Date: April 04, 2006 01:36PM
It's the World Grand Prix's Support Series.

Date: April 04, 2006 01:38PM
MarcA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's the World Grand Prix's Support Series.
>
>
>
>

Which is? Is there a website or something I can look at to get more information?

Date: April 04, 2006 01:39PM
No ;) The w300 is like GP2 to the World Grand Prix

Date: April 04, 2006 01:52PM
Just made it easier for myself and found the intial thread made by Flash [www.grandprixgames.org]

It looks like great fun so i'll be watching this and the WGP thread with great interest. I may want to join but it looks too complicated for me :P That and I am a huge n00b with this game, and indeed this fantasy concept too. If I get my head round it quickly enough, or if someone dares taking on a silly n00b, i'll join :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2006 01:57PM by Nillis.
Date: April 04, 2006 01:56PM
Posted by: Flick Wang
We want to make a team but need a little help if anyone persons wants to join in with us to make a team.

Flick and Luci

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy