HELP

Posted by Monza972 
HELP
Date: April 01, 2006 07:09PM
Posted by: Monza972
hi

i installed a toro rosso in the game and then when i tried installing midland it messed the whole car.wad directory up wt the heck should i do?
Re: HELP
Date: April 01, 2006 07:26PM
Posted by: Muks_C
get your sigpic under the 20kb limit for a start, currently it's 65kb combined...:)

as for the problem, what exactly has happened? have you got 4 Midlands, or 22 Midlands, or white cars? give us more info so we can give better help.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: April 01, 2006 07:28PM
i get white cars for jordan,ferrari,williams and no midland
Date: April 01, 2006 07:28PM
+ drivers are all mixed up
Date: April 01, 2006 07:31PM
if in the graphics menu you have selected "high" or "highest" (can't remember which one it is) for car textures, then add "hi_" to the start of every tex file in your cars wad, so if it is called midland1.tex, rename it to hi_midland1.tex.

that is usually the cause of white cars.

and how do you mean the drivers are messed up? are they in the wrong order, or are they in the right order, but their helmets are in the wrong place? the drivers don't change positions when you install new cars, the helmets and names have to be changed separately.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2006 07:32PM by Muks_C.
Date: April 01, 2006 07:36PM
helmets are in the wrong place
drivers names are in the wrong car
pit hangers different to the cars livery
Date: April 01, 2006 07:40PM
so have you just installed the game, and then added the Toro Rosso, or have you added other 2006 updates so far?

when you add a new car, it only changes the car. you have to change the helmets separately, and you have to use something like TeamEditor to get the drivers names in the ocrrect teams.

Date: April 01, 2006 07:44PM
i installed the game long ago

then i installed the track updates from ricardo lampert. Plus the new sepang circuit '06 version then installed the toro rosso thts it
Date: April 01, 2006 07:45PM
Posted by: Sapo
If I were you, i should read all the FAQ's on this forum, and other forums, because there's a lot wrong with your wad. You should take your time for finding out how to import cars and other stuff. I am sure there are a lot of tutorials available of how to import cars and helmets etc. It's not that difficult, but it takes a lot of time to explain totally in one post how to import all the stuff correct.

And if after that you still have problems, ofcourse you can ask, but specify your questions then ;) Good luck!
Date: April 01, 2006 08:24PM
and dude, you're still over the 20kb limit for sigpics :)

the F1 pic by itself is 28kb, already breaking the limit, even without the other 5 pics.

right, so the only new cars you've installed are the Toro Rosso and Midland?

if you want to use the original 2001 team order, then Midland take the Jordan slot, and Toro Rosso take the Minardi slot.

so you rename the Midland LOD's to Jordan_car1_lod_0, 1, 2, 3, 4, then the same for car2 etc., and the TR ones to minardi_car1_lod_0, 1, 2, 3,4 etc.

but don't rename any of the tex files you get with new cars, apart from adding Hi_ to the start of their names.

each team had 10 lod files (5 for each car).

each driver has 2 tex files for his helmet, so for M Schumacher, he was no.1 in 2001, so his files are driver1_1.tex and driver1_2.tex. if you want to make him no.5, like he is for 2006, you rename his helmet tex files to driver5_1.tex and driver5_2.tex.

i still use 2001 team and driver order, so it's easy to remember the orders of the drivers and teams.

then you need to put all the current teams and drivers names in with TeamEditor. only then will the cars, helmets, and names all match up properly.

it's very easy really, you just need some practice, that's all.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2006 08:31PM by Muks_C.
Date: April 01, 2006 08:46PM
ok i'll try that stuff mentioned above its just i'm new to all this and you know... is it still over the limit? how can i find tht out?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2006 08:47PM by Monza972.
Date: April 01, 2006 09:22PM
before you use the pic in your sig, save it to your pc, then select it and click on "properties" and look at the size. if it's under 20kb, it's ok.

Date: April 01, 2006 11:30PM
can someone plz tell me some links to download these cars

ferrari 06
mclaren 06
bmw sauber 06
midland 06

coz i tried gp4italia and its download limit is exceded
Date: April 01, 2006 11:43PM
just wait till tomorrow then!

i've got all my stuff from GP4Italia and from the links the makers give when they release cars here, but they (the rapidshare links) sometimes expire after 30 days, so there's no point giving you those links.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2006 11:44PM by Muks_C.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy