Easier Performance?

Posted by Cloud 
Easier Performance?
Date: March 31, 2006 01:26PM
Posted by: Cloud
Hi, with all driver aids on using a saitek wheel I struggle to keep the pace and after playing for two weeks I still cannot finish above 10th. I edited the performance with teameditor and it made it far to easy, so I tried to load the 2006 sepang performance + physics file with GPxPatch and it was still to hard, can anybody tell me what

[Team #00]
Name=renault,renault
Performance=750,750,0
First Driver=1,fernando alonso,16000,0,15500,0
Second Driver=2,giancarlo fisichella,16100,0,16100,0

These numbers here actually mean? or does anybody have a perf file they can send to me?

Also is it possible to turn down the driving aids, so that it helps you but not to much

final question! :) Is it just me or does the throttle not work when pulling out of a corner when the wheel is turned more than 1/4?

Thankyou for any help!

Re: Easier Performance?
Date: March 31, 2006 04:01PM
Posted by: airefresco

> Name=renault,renault
> Performance=750,750,0
> First Driver=1,fernando alonso,16000,0,15500,0
> Second Driver=2,giancarlo
> fisichella,16100,0,16100,0

The first line obviously the team and engine.
The second line is qual BHP, Race BHP, Chance of failure (the higher the number more chance of a mechanical fault)
The third line is first driver, number, name, qual performance, qual performance range, race peformance, race performance rang.
The fourth line is the same as the third except for the other driver.

If the performance range was set to say 500 and the performnace say to 16000, then that means the game will randomly set the performance to +/-500 of 16000 (15500 - 16500 in this example)

Feel free anybody to correct me if thats wrong.

Paul..
Date: March 31, 2006 04:34PM
Posted by: Sapo
Hi, about your final question, i remember having it in GP3, driving with a joystick. I thought it was due to the joystick itself. I don't know what you use? (keys, wheel, stick?)
Date: March 31, 2006 05:31PM
Posted by: Storm
Cloud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Name=renault,renault
> Performance=750,750,0
> First Driver=1,fernando alonso,16000,0,15500,0
> Second Driver=2,giancarlo
> fisichella,16100,0,16100,0

Name=Here you can change Team name and Engine Name
Performance=Quali BHP, Race BHP and the Team Failure
First Driver=Quali Performance,the 0 means, always 16000, if you set their 50, the Performance is between 15950 and 16050, Race Performance and the 0 is the same as Quali..
Second Driver=The same as First Driver only other name
Date: March 31, 2006 07:04PM
Posted by: Willb
maybe you could try editing the magic data to give the player car more grip?

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: March 31, 2006 10:27PM
Posted by: airefresco
@ storm. Isn't that what I said?
Date: April 01, 2006 02:39AM
Posted by: Cloud
Hi, Thankyou your explanations have been perfect, Ive fiddled around with the performance files and had some good results but if anything the grip is a bit to much, I could do with more acceleration. Ive been playing a lot today and found I can brake a lot later without autobrake but usually come off after 5 laps or so forgetting to brake at a critial point, but thats down to practice!

Thankyou very much for all your help so far!

Does anybody have any tips to increase acceleration?

Thanks once again for any help

Cloud
Date: April 01, 2006 04:00AM
Posted by: paranoik0
Autobrakes are pretty much of no use and take away most of the fun.

I wish I knew how to properly use manual gears, and especially how to setup my keyboard in a way it wouldn't mess up the rest of my driving.

As for perf files, it's just a matter of fine-tuning. Try using the PFEdit program, open your favourite perf file, then click once R-100 and click once Q-100 (the buttons after "All:";). Then save and export to gpxpatch or whatever method you use. It should make all drivers slightly slower. If they're still too fast for you, repeat the process. And so on until you're satisifed with it.

One problem is that we tend to be quite more irregular with perfomances from track to track comparing to CC-cars (at least I am!). You might want to increase the random range of every driver (altho in extreme cases this could end up in Minardis beating McLarens), or simply make the gaps between drivers bigger. These fixes aren't very realistic, but make for extra competivity. Personally I love the 1979 beta mod for competivity - I think the big factors for that are the physics and the way those CC drivers have completely different pace from each other (slowest cars can lose 9 seconds per lap to the leader!).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy