random white boxes in tcam view

Posted by madmscfan 
random white boxes in tcam view
Date: March 12, 2006 05:40PM
Posted by: madmscfan
hi

i just loaded the 2000 carset into gp4, and when i loaded the game, random white boxes appeared in the tcam and cockpit view, i checked gpxcinfo and disabled tv/arcade overlays but they wont budge

any ideas?!

thanks

dave
Re: random white boxes in tcam view
Date: March 12, 2006 06:00PM
Posted by: Willb
it could be the arcade overlays? or are they boxes in the actual 3d world rather than overlays? if they are overlays then try editing the overlay textures so they are totally transparent (using alpha channels) an easy way to do this is to install Lee1971's and my "camera flash enabler" which comes with fully transparent arcade overlays (so they won't appear on screen). I can't upload it right now though, but someone here may have it?

hope this helps a bit, sorry its vauge.

Wills.

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: March 12, 2006 06:14PM
Posted by: madmscfan
not 3d, overlays, i just noticed they change shape when you cross the line etc but everything is disabled, i have a screenshot but im not sure how to upload it!
Date: March 12, 2006 06:26PM
Posted by: Muks_C
go to www.photobucket.com and upload it, then paste the link here (use the 3rd option in the list of links, the one with [ i m g ]).

it does sound like the default overlays are remaining though, as i had a similar thing when i reinstalled and started updating things.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2006 06:27PM by Muks_C.
Date: March 12, 2006 08:36PM
Posted by: quickslick
yep these are the screen overlays. Go to your graphic settings in gp4 and disable the tv overlays and screen overlays,this should solve your problems
Date: March 12, 2006 09:38PM
Posted by: Tjerk
quickslick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yep these are the screen overlays. Go to your
> graphic settings in gp4 and disable the tv
> overlays and screen overlays,this should solve
> your problems

Exactly, and you've probably installed the v9.6 wrongly like many people seem to do. Next time you install GP4, not just copy the GP4.exe but extract the v9.6 patch zipfile to a new folder and run the setup.exe which appears in that folder. That does ensures a good install of the patch and when you do it right you don't have these white boxes.
Date: March 12, 2006 10:03PM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah i disabled the overlays, but tested it before installing the 9.6 patch, so had the white boxes.

i then installed the patch properly, and the white boxes were gone.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy