248 F1 Update test *p4 new pictures V2.0*
Date: March 05, 2006 10:53AM
Posted by: e_shumi
Enjoy It

link:

[s58.yousendit.com]

renders:

...:::ViVa MeXiCo CaBrOnEs:::...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2006 06:39AM by e_shumi.
Re: 248 F1 Update test
Date: March 05, 2006 10:59AM
Posted by: jpmfw
thanks e_schumi :) , that scene looks great by the way mate

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: March 05, 2006 11:00AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
thanks! as jpmfw said; that scene looks amazing!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: March 05, 2006 11:12AM
Posted by: rks23
hi
renders are so cool
thanks for the car
can you give me tips to make so scenes
where can i get the tires?
sorry for my bad english
i have max3d but now ?
Date: March 05, 2006 11:20AM
Posted by: e_shumi
just dismantles your car in parts and it tries to accommodate them aesthetically and it tries to use a car with a lot of details.
and these alone tires I have them since I made them already using some existent and improving them to obtain this result

...:::ViVa MeXiCo CaBrOnEs:::...
Date: March 05, 2006 11:25AM
Posted by: pippo10
thank you for this update, keep up the GOOD work!
Date: March 05, 2006 12:03PM
Posted by: MarcA
Lower poly version, please :(

Date: March 05, 2006 01:00PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
Those renders - amazing
Date: March 05, 2006 01:12PM
Posted by: sunil
thanks

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: March 05, 2006 01:25PM
Posted by: 00omalleys
For some reason, the drivers are sitting REALLY low in this car? How can I fix this?

Date: March 05, 2006 01:28PM
Posted by: Great.M.Surfer
With Teameditor or GP4Tweaker

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2006 03:12PM by Great.M.Surfer.
Date: March 05, 2006 01:44PM
Posted by: darkmasta
@00omalleys: What is this for a Tyre? Enzojz's Texutres? Or from TeamBPR?

Date: March 05, 2006 01:46PM
Posted by: Muks_C
or GP4Tweaker.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 05, 2006 02:00PM
Posted by: Floris_Koop_GP4Freak
Enzojz Rims, and maybe they are combined with the 3DThreads..

Date: March 05, 2006 02:10PM
Posted by: erwin_78
those flaps in front of the rear wheels are *really* to low. They end up near the axel of the wheel in stead of the top.
The lower part of the front wing seems wat too low as well, the rest looks quite good.

Date: March 05, 2006 03:57PM
Posted by: intweb
I think the comparison on these two pics are ideal, to highlight some of the 'constructive criticism' that was being bandied around earlier in the post. Before I go into some critique, I want to reiterate something.

I say again .......

There seem to be two factions on this forum. Those that want cars quickly (preferably before the 'official release, sometimes!) and aren't concerned about the quality of car. And those that appreciate making an accurate representation of a car takes time and are prepared to wait a few months for a decent version.

Neither is the right way, both are perfectly fine. But as soon as you post screenshots to a public forum, you MUST be prepared for critique. I have had first-hand experience and although sometimes it hurts like hell, you learn to appreciate, that we all want the same thing - an accurate shape in-game.

Therefore, if someone criticises work on the forum and it is constructive, eg. the nose is wrong, the shape is too squat, etc. Take it on the chin, learn from it and improve your work - I shudder when considering some of the rubbish models I've thought looked good.

What, really, really, really, pi55es me off, is when the modeller ignores criticism or forum members (there are a few, maybe n00bs, maybe not) that post how fantastic a shape is and they want it now, now, now! And when criticism comes along, start posting that you have no right criticising and the shape is great and that the car was rushed out in extra quick time, etc.etc. We all have right to criticism, that's called freedom of speech.

On this forum, believe it or not, we are all striving for the same thing, better quality shapes. These can only be created by modellers that are prepared to learn by their mistatkes. My last shape, the FW27 was wrong in a number of areas, but I've learnt and the FW28 will be an improvement due the improvement in my modelling skills, it won't be perfect and I'll be using a number of guinea-pigs to test the shape before going public (even then people will find faults!). But I am not so far up my own ar5e to ignore criticism.

Although the post is in your topic e_shumi, it isn't only pointed at you, you are improving well and if you just listen to some points from the more experienced members of the forum, you'll come on leaps and bounds (I did, and it works!). Therefore, I post the following shot with some highlighted points of how you can improve your shape, I hope you receive them in the manner in which they are sent. If you don't, then please ignore.

Here are some points to improve your model. If you are in the first faction, fast car, low quality, please ignore. I have only the two shots to work from so there may be other issues.

1 - Rear flick up, wrong shape and in wrong position.
2 - Rear wing end plate, slits to pronounced.
3 - Chimney and aero device, wrongly shaped.
4 - Sidepod wrong shape and incorrectly mapped.
5 - Barge Boards incorrectly shaped.
6 - Intake wrongly shaped.
7 - Nose Cone, incorrectly shaped.
8 - New front wing, incorrectly shaped, too deep.
9 - Wing mirror 'arms', wrongly shaped.
10 - Front wing end plates, wrong shape and size.

Constructive crticism layed out like this has helped me enormously (and will continue to help on future shapes), I hope it does you.

Good Luck.
Date: March 05, 2006 04:33PM
Posted by: pippo10
that's a nice post intweb... the mistakes he has made are verry clear. thanks for your tips, i hope he will change them and listens to the 'constructive' criticism.
Date: March 05, 2006 05:09PM
Posted by: ImRa
Intweb did you notice than the ingame pic and the real pic you post, are not the same shape??. The real pic is from 248 first chasis, and the second pic is a gp4 version of the ferrari's 248 second chasis version... I like to see a polite comment like yours, but maybe you should be a little bit more modest. it's obviously, a good work is a slow work, but, If you think about the good results that e_schummi give us in a very short place of time, do you still think that you are a best modeller than him?? Think about it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2006 05:11PM by ImRa.
Date: March 05, 2006 05:11PM
Posted by: Teraur
Totally agree with Intweb.

Anyway, I'm sure you will improve your shape e_shumi, and you're gonna improve your skill in the future.

There's always scriticism about the modders work, sometimes constructive, sometimes not, sometimes you have to listen to them, sometimes not, but I think listenning the community is essential to have a good looking work. They can always see some things you didn't notice, and it's important to take care of what they say about the shape to make it as good as it can.

Teraur

--------------------------------

Happy owner of : Epiphone Les Pauls 100 - Fender Stratocaster Standard - Gibson Les Pauls Standard
Date: March 05, 2006 05:23PM
Posted by: smorr
ImRa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Intweb did you notice than the ingame pic and the
> real pic you post, are not the same shape??. The
> real pic is from 248 first chasis, and the second
> pic is a gp4 version of the ferrari's 248 second
> chasis version... I like to see a polite comment
> like yours, but maybe you should be a little bit
> more modest. it's obviously, a good work is a slow
> work, but, If you think about the good results
> that e_schummi give us in a very short place of
> time, do you still think that you are a best
> modeller than him?? Think about it...
>
>
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at 03/05/06 05:11PM by

DO NOT GO THERE!!! WEVE LOST TO MANY TO COMMENTS LIKE THAT.

> ImRa.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy