Carshape to texture or Texture to carshape

Posted by Dutch_Can 
Carshape to texture or Texture to carshape
Date: February 25, 2006 01:21AM
Posted by: Dutch_Can
Hi there

First of all I apreciate the work everybody is doing I have seen some outstanding work. I have got a question though, I would like to know how to attach a tex to a carshape lets say Minardi to Midland I tried and all I get is a weird looking car. I know every carshape is unique and it will look for the right texture but how do I make the shape look for this particular texture.

Ps: a lot has changed since GP2 yup I have been out for a long time

O hope someone can help me
Re: Carshape to texture or Texture to carshape
Date: February 25, 2006 05:50AM
Posted by: HoldenRT
Texture to carshape or carshape it doesn't matter which.

If you make the carshape first from scratch you can customise where the parts of the skin are located by uvw mapping them to the part of the texture you want. Using 3ds max for example. And exporting the wireframe to a template and then painting the car from there.

If you already have a texture and want to make the carshape you can do the same thing in reverse.

Either way you need a program like 3ds max and knowledge in uvw mapping. It's very hard at first but if you want to search for some "uvw mapping" tuturials.

I'm pretty sure zmodeler can do it, but it's a bit limited. Others here might be able to help you a bit more.

Oh the other way.. the easier way would be just to use an image program like photoshop to edit and copy the parts from the minardi texture like the front wing for example.. and then pasting them onto the midland texture.. making sure they were the exact same size and shape. And the sponsors are in the same locations. In some cases you would need to stretch the parts in hieght or width. But that would take some good photoshop skill.

There is no easy way to do it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy