"chrome effect" challenge

Posted by gezere 
Re: "chrome effect" challenge
Date: February 21, 2006 11:31AM
Posted by: gezere
Yes, I agree. after to have seen the shots this morning, I have to say that
Teraur has set the "challenge" very hight and it could be difficult to do better.

Fantastic work!!!!

I think the alone way to improve teraur's work, like HoldenRT wrote, would be to separate the mapping of the car in at least 2 tex, and to include in one, all the
shiny parts (plain white alpha layer) and in the other Tex the parts which have not to reflect at the same level...
This way would fix the compromise explained by teraur in his "readme file"

Hmmm.... lot of job because the whole mapping work has to be redone.

GeZeRe

Date: February 22, 2006 11:17AM
Posted by: oliver_33
I've made some changes for great Teraur's McLaren MP4-21. What do you think about another "chrome effect" guys?

---
Date: February 22, 2006 11:58AM
Posted by: LS.
That top one Oliver looks like a fricking photograph :o

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: February 22, 2006 12:02PM
Posted by: gezere
great result Oliver !!
Could you explain more the changes you done.

On my side I am working to give the possibility to each player to do a fine
set up of the "chrome effect". I think this effect is really dependant of the
video card and of his quality and some people could get some results very differents of the nice screenshots seen on this site.

Exemple: on my laptop, GP4 is also installed but the quality of the video card
has not a high quality. The result got with the MP4/21 is the same get with Zmodeler, (Grey texture with no chrome reflection).

The target is to improve the render of this car for system not equiped with high quality video card.

The base of this job is of course the Teraur's Tga and I will upload the result if I am happy of it and if some people are interresting by it.

Are all people get an identical ingame render than the sreenshots displayed in the shots thread ?

If no tell me. That could give to my work more sense....

GeZeRe

Date: April 10, 2009 09:48PM
Posted by: Pont
I found this mclaren mp421 on this forum....did anyone manage to get this chrome effect during game play? and where can i download this superb car?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy