No offence to our great shapers BUT

Posted by gezere 
@Robbin. y ou can open the f1graphics.cfg flie in notepad and change some things. theres also a handy editor that comes with CSM (i think). many mods have their own .cfg file to so you may need to edit that. look in the data/files folder of any CSM mods.
as to what changes to make, i dont know :) maybe just look for one that suits your system.

anything over 3 1024s/1 2048 is a bit silly, but they can easily be down sized. car shapes can't be. so i think Diego made 3 2048s for the ferrari which is great for rendering, and maybe soon some pc's can handle a grid full of those, but for now theres no problem as downsizing is um good. i guess.
and dont forget, the 2005 mod comes with high, standard and low res textures, all easily choosable from the lovely CSM menus :)

____
Tony

Re: No offence to our great shapers BUT
Date: February 15, 2006 06:31PM
Posted by: gezere
@ nicol@cciari : THANK YOU VERY MUCH. You said all and there is nothing to add.

Thank you also to Coldblood, TTM, fongu, b-tone, Viper, Dave ellis, Kentauro, and others who understand well the matter.

Take account you are major actors in the game improvement since his launch, I would hope that your opinions will be followed by a new challenge which could be to continue to make GREAT cars and tracks BUT as lighter as possible.

For the others who don't understand or who don't want understand: No more comment.

Hmmm....NO, only 1 comment.

@ SpaceAce: Robbin Koolaard is asking you to explain more the tweaking you done on your config file. Come on guy, it could help him and the GP4 community.
We are awaiting to read you.

Regards

GeZeRe

@gezere
finally ur happy all the big bosses agreeded to u and there is nothing complicated over here to not understand ur post. here all are posting their views that's it. don't make this a stupid issue

oops, ur still here, i thought u went to GP3. damn ur back

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2006 08:46PM by tom_f1.
Date: February 15, 2006 10:19PM
@ tom_F1

Wrong guy. Not only me has to be happy to their(my) views...
It's that you don't or can't understand.

Other thing,which will be the last for you, if something is stupid in this thread, it's your signature.

GeZeRe

here comes understandable person of the year.
thanks for showing interest in my sig, glad u are able to understand that(oops yeah, u r understandable person know,hope u got it)
All right, break it up. You've had your fun and made your point - now back off. Don't start a fight because people have a different opinion than your own, or I will come back with the big padlock.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: February 16, 2006 09:05AM
You are right Morbid.

As I wrotte in my last message yesterday, It was also my view....

regards

GeZeRe

Date: February 16, 2006 10:24AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
Robbin Koolaard Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SpaceAce Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > people are giving you help and suggestions
> on how
> > to increase ur performance and ur basically
> > telling them "......
> > also some quick tweaking of ur graphics file
> and
> > not relying on the in game setup helps
> > drastically... so i suggest and u use these
> > peoples advices on how to play with the new
> hi res
> > car at a reasonable level that even on low
> levels
> > looks @#$%& loads better and more
> accurate then
> > the smaller pollies...
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> SpaceAce,
>
> You talk about tweaking the graphics file and a
> while ago in this threat the config file. Give me
> please some usefull info on this, as I asked for.
> I enjoy GP4 very much, but appart from my wife and
> sons I do have a more than full time job so
> playing must stay nice. help me out to understand
> the graphics file and get more power out of GP4,
> without my cpu burning through the mainboard
> (figurly speaking that is).

leave it with me for a little while :P
Ill tweak mine and send it to u

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: February 16, 2006 11:22AM
Posted by: Robbin Koolaard

@Sapeceage: I'll wait for your file, thanks in advance.
Date: February 16, 2006 09:08PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
If you want one shaper's opinion, well here the mine, as ever said, there is a kind of competition between modders to make the best cars. Besides, when you start a new car, you always get in mind that you 've to do it better than the preview and then you don't take in account the number of poly.
My r25 was about 9000 poly but i think thant we can do a good "basic" shape with about 10 000 poly without the damage model, which is useless as to me. I'd rather spend more time ans more poly on the external shape than have parts of the car thant you can see only when you replay after a crash. But this is not the problem.
Then it's sure that have 25000 or 30000 is unecessary, get the shape more difficult to map (as to me :-( ) and worst for the PO level.
Concerning the textures, 2048 textures *3 is too much and as to me, i stay with one 2048 which is easier to handle when make texture and create the files.
But in the fact every people make what he wants.

I don't remenber who proposed that, but the idea to give "standard" wheel and wing position would be a good solution.

have a nice evening

standard helmet and wheel positions would be a great thing for a 2006 mod.

____
Tony

Date: February 16, 2006 09:24PM
Posted by: kentauro
Twins27 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you want one shaper's opinion, well here the
> mine, as ever said, there is a kind of competition
> between modders to make the best cars. Besides,
> when you start a new car, you always get in mind
> that you 've to do it better than the preview and
> then you don't take in account the number of
> poly.
> My r25 was about 9000 poly but i think thant we
> can do a good "basic" shape with about 10 000 poly
> without the damage model, which is useless as to
> me. I'd rather spend more time ans more poly on
> the external shape than have parts of the car
> thant you can see only when you replay after a
> crash. But this is not the problem.
> Then it's sure that have 25000 or 30000 is
> unecessary, get the shape more difficult to map
> (as to me ) and worst for the PO level.
> Concerning the textures, 2048 textures *3 is too
> much and as to me, i stay with one 2048 which is
> easier to handle when make texture and create the
> files.
> But in the fact every people make what he wants.
>
> I don't remenber who proposed that, but the idea
> to give "standard" wheel and wing position would
> be a good solution.
>
> have a nice evening
>
>
>
> ROM1
>
> *****shapes made in France *****

i agree

please how can i eliminate the damage model from cars with zmodeler ?

i don't know if it is easy to do , but if making lower lods is boring at least put the version without the damage model to use as lower lods ( if it is easy to do ) i'm used to reduce the textures by myself and to map a basic lod4 , but i don't know how to do lower lods and to take out the damage model
thanks for your help
and thanks to all car modelers

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2006 09:26PM by kentauro.
Date: February 16, 2006 09:47PM
@ Rom1

I am waiting your opinion since the begining because
your R25 is for me one of the best car never done and with less than 10 000 faces.

So I am happy to read you have mainly the same opinion than me and than some
great shapers who replied in this thread.

Now we have only to wait for your next car which would be the R26 if I am right.

Merci d'avance...

GeZeRe

PS: If I don't paint my 2006 car on your R25 template, it's because I didn't find the solution to match the "Viper head" and the R25's nosecone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2006 09:49PM by gezere.
Date: February 17, 2006 09:05AM
Posted by: fongu
well maybe i'll work on a basic cockpit/frontwing/rearwing/tcam-top of rollover bar zdmodeler file so we can have consistent positions of these things. I'll try and post this up some time next week.

Date: February 17, 2006 04:10PM
Posted by: intweb
Excuse my ignorance (am not normally ignorant!), but aren't the positions of wings, cockpit and t-cam going to be slightly different for all teams? They have to be within a certain area don't they? That doesn't mean they are going to fit into the same dimensions on each car.

I read the post about the problems with Camera sets not fitting each car. The solution is simple - change them for each car!

To dictate specific dimensions (not rough guidelines of allowable areas for the specific parts) would be unrealistic.

Again, I am prepared to admit ignorance and my knowledge of the 2006 technical and sporting regulations is at best weak, but I remember watching Brundle's bits on the ITV coverage last year and he was using coloured 'areas of allowable use' for the certain parts, e.g. you could create a wing to these maximum dimensions, but obviously you wouldn't as that may not be the most economical or aerodynamic use?

Just my three peneth!

Steve.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2006 05:00PM by intweb.
Date: February 17, 2006 04:33PM
Posted by: fongu
maybe i'll make some boxes instead ;) nothing annoys me more when one rear/front wing is much much higher than that of another car - eg. the rear wings on Spoonys BAR and Enzo's Jordan of 2005 last year to show the extremes.

Date: February 17, 2006 06:34PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
It would be just to have some approximated position of wings and suspensions, just in order to get cars dimension about similary.
the main thing is that tweaker doesn't really support track specific settings, so its been a bit of a hack getting it all working. Steve, i think your early and late williams's have quite differetn helm/tcam positions for instance.
but saying that, it has been sorted for the 05 mod, and with 11 teams, hopefully only 17 races and last years 'discoveries' it track specific tweaks should be alot easier now.
so it doesn't matter soo much :)

____
Tony

Date: March 10, 2006 12:20PM
Posted by: Robbin Koolaard
@ SpaceAce: I'm waiting on your tweaks, I hope that your tweaks solve my problems. Any progress on this ISSUE?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy