2005 Hockenheim Circuit

Posted by Richard J 
2005 Hockenheim Circuit
Date: January 21, 2006 06:42AM
Posted by: Richard J
Does anyone have a good working 2005 Hockenheim Circuit with circuit.dat file and good cc-line? I have tried to get Shuttle's version with the update to work but have graphic issues and CC-line does not follow track. If anyone has a working track wad and circuit.dat file I would appreciate someone sending it to me.

Richard J
Re: 2005 Hockenheim Circuit
Date: January 21, 2006 01:31PM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
Try this update by Martin Schubert. [www.grandprixgames.org] And the search is there for use!
Date: January 21, 2006 06:21PM
Posted by: vesuvius
I still have big PO problems with Shutt1e's hockenheim :(. PO is over 200 % even if I drive only with one car in free practice I havent found any solution to this problem and I have no PO problems with any other tracks .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2006 06:21PM by vesuvius.
Date: January 21, 2006 07:29PM
Posted by: TTM
In my opinion this track needs only trashcan. Dat-file is good but others parts needs some serious work.

Sorry Shutt1e. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2006 07:30PM by TTM.
Date: January 21, 2006 07:33PM
Posted by: Ruboy
Yes, but nevertheless the basic part is very good. The rest to do is work in detail.

Date: January 21, 2006 07:47PM
Yep, i really like this 'new hockenheim' track and i want to get it work properly, but i'm too busy at the moment.

BTW, there is one huge bank object in Scene 5. I'm not sure if that is reason for high PO rate?

Maybe somebody knows?
Date: January 21, 2006 08:24PM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
TTM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In my opinion this track needs only trashcan.
> Dat-file is good but others parts needs some
> serious work.

It's very hard to create a new track without any base!
Date: January 21, 2006 08:41PM
@[FIN]Räkä:

Yes i know that. I respect Shutt1e and Ruboy work.
Date: January 21, 2006 10:13PM
Posted by: vesuvius
I can only hope that when MarioB and Ricardo Lampert will finish their Hockenheim that the PO would be better than in Shutt1e's track ...
Date: January 21, 2006 10:33PM
I have tried for days to get a good working Hockenhiem. I started with Shuttle's update. I used the update with the original Hockenheim track as well as Ricardo Lamperts. I then applied schuberts 2005 update over that. I get the track layout and most of the graphics OK surrounding the track. The problem starts with which of the track .dat files to use. Each update has its own, and there appears to be 2-3 to use. Once I found the best track .dat file, everything works fine from the start finish line. The CC cars follow the track into the new section fine. They follow the track through the long sweeping curve. The problems start when they CC cars get to the first hairpin at the end of the long curve of the new section. At that point, the CC cars go wide, off to the left. The CC cars do not come back onto the track until the next right hand curve. After that they follow the track well back to the finish line. The next problem is at that curve where they run off the track to the left and are on the grass or right along the armco barrier, the track graphics become invisible, the tarmac looks like it is wet, or transparent. This transparency turns up again when they enter the stadium area and the tarmac is that way all the way to the finish line. Is this what everyone else is getting? That is why I was looking for someone who has a good working track without these graphic and CC-line problems they could send me. Seems the basics of this track are otherwise there and would really like to run season's with this track.

Richard J
Date: January 22, 2006 10:26AM
Posted by: Robert
@RichardJ
Are you sure you're using the v1.0 version not the v0.9 version. Sounds like it but I may be wrong as i hav'nt driven that track for a while.
Oh and the hairpin where the cars drive of to the left is because of the bad
cc-line through the corner

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2006 10:27AM by Robert.
Date: January 22, 2006 10:31AM
Posted by: Ruboy
I tried to enhence the cc-line in the hairpin, but it's the tightes hairpin there is atm. I am not sure if it is possible make it much better by building it near the inner kerb - the sector lenght is very short there.

Date: January 22, 2006 10:47AM
Ruboy Wrote:
> I tried to enhence the cc-line in the hairpin, but
> it's the tightes hairpin there is atm. I am not
> sure if it is possible make it much better by
> building it near the inner kerb - the sector
> lenght is very short there.
>
>

oh ok. a haven't looked much at your version so i did'nt know you had changed it
Date: January 22, 2006 02:06PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
vesuvius Wrote:
> I can only hope that when MarioB and Ricardo
> Lampert will finish their Hockenheim that the PO
> would be better than in Shutt1e's track ...

Well I don't think you need to worry about that

Date: January 22, 2006 06:48PM
Posted by: phantaman
And a good CC-Line, anyone? I working in a new magic-data and with it's possible to do a keyboard lap in 1.14:747

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: January 23, 2006 12:38AM
Robert, cannot tell what version of Shuttle's 2005 Hockenheim I have. Checked the readme file, it does not have a version. Any one know where I can get the 1.0 Version?

Richard J
Date: January 23, 2006 09:52AM
You can get v1.0 at gp4italia
Date: January 25, 2006 02:06AM
Robert, thanks for the location to download Shuttle's version 1.0. Got it, everything works fine, as long as I do not use it with the 79mod, 91modbeta, etc. Track is there, but for some reason it still has the original long circuit CC-line. But then, why use it with older mods you ask? Was just trying to get a good working track so used different mods to test track. Thanks again. I can now enjoy Hockenheim 2004 and 2005 current tracks. And thanks to Shuttle for the great update.

Richard J
Date: January 25, 2006 08:18AM
Posted by: b-tone
why doesn't it work with the older mods?
if it has the long circuit cc line then no mods will work with it. i know there could be fuel comsumpion problems, but thats magic data related, and wont stop you actually driving the track.
but there is a full functional track out there somewhere - i've got it

____
Tony

Date: January 25, 2006 08:30AM
That's probably because it's the wrong .dat file being used. For 79 beta mod, go to Grand Prix\GPSAVES\Carsets 1979b.1.0\Data\Tracks\Circuits, name the .dat file 1979-Hockenheim.DAT, and raplace the old dat. It will probebly work in a similar way for other mods
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy