Fictional Orange Mclaren

Posted by Sniper 
Re: Fictional Orange Mclaren
Date: January 19, 2006 01:45PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
The paint was finished with shadows etc. I think .

Date: January 19, 2006 01:50PM
Posted by: IWE
Sniper did paint that livery by himself. He didnt use those source PSD files and he dont even have them! He didnt just change colors he really painted it!

I did put that template together from enzojz's psd files because those textures was so freaking huge with million layers that old computers did blow away..
He painted that livery from scratch on that template.

Are everybody happy now? Huge thanks to Enzojz for those source files but livery is snipers own.. :)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: January 19, 2006 01:51PM
Posted by: quickslick
i think it's time to stop now the discussions here. I'm sure there are a few people still waiting for the release (me included) and to have a great car :-) ;-)
Date: January 19, 2006 01:52PM
yep , i agree with iwe & quickslick

Date: January 19, 2006 01:54PM
Posted by: b-tone
i think you should mention the original authors of the shape and template.
even if released openly, it doesn't hurt to praise the original guys work.
and from my own experience painting a template is much easier/quicker than creating a whole car from scratch.

and theres a hell of a lot of people that will see a thread like this and say 'wow, amazing car sniper!' and have no idea that its not all your work.
and to be blunt the car looks great because enzo, bojan, mckey, whoever spent dozens of hours on it. these cars would look amazing with almost any templated livery.
not saying your stuff is bad, far from it - you've done some great stuff, and the template cars are pretty decent.

why do i care? because gp4 is loosing good artists due to lack of respect i nthe community.
and as for templates we had planned to release templates for the DTM mod, but lately i'm not so sure about it.

so sniper, keep up the good work, but give some acknowledgement to the original authors. its not that hard to add 'shape & template by enzo' or whatever to your screens/posts.

:)

____
Tony

Date: January 19, 2006 01:56PM
Posted by: Sniper
i will

Check out our website: www.heikkikovalainen.net
Date: January 19, 2006 01:56PM
Thats ture too but I think almost everyone (i know my self do) know who's template it is , but you're right to tony

Date: January 19, 2006 01:58PM
Posted by: IL Dottore

Rigth tony

whoah a happy end mayby :) ;)

Magic Senna
Date: January 20, 2006 06:53PM
Posted by: Overgone
Now thats what I call a proper job!

You should really send that to the Mclaren design team. They might love you forever XD!
Date: January 20, 2006 09:12PM
hehe, if ron dennis would call me, I would say: maybe in 2007 ;-)

Date: January 31, 2006 10:01AM
will the mclaren be released ;-)?
Date: January 31, 2006 05:46PM
not i think

Date: January 31, 2006 05:50PM
very sad :-/
Date: February 02, 2006 07:52PM
Posted by: watercolours
at least this car showed that orange and black suits well. the only thing it lacks is silver.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy