What Game Is This!?!?

Posted by madotter 
What Game Is This!?!?
Date: January 02, 2006 02:13AM
Posted by: madotter

If anyone knows what it is and also, where i can get it too.

Cheers
Iain

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2006 02:14AM by madotter.
Re: What Game Is This!?!?
Date: January 02, 2006 02:32AM
Posted by: Polancone
madotter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If anyone knows what it is and also, where i can
> get it too.
>

It is called Mini Racing Online. You can get it plus a lot of tracks for it at [www.miniracingonline.com] Very nice game. I used to play a lot some months ago. Don't get fooled by the name. You can play also offline.

Regards

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2006 02:34AM by Polancone.
Date: January 02, 2006 06:22AM
Posted by: -Mikey-
How do you have 6 cars (give or take a few) and just control one, because i added 3, and I controlled all three at the same time :(

I figured it would be easier to ask in this topic, rather than starting a new one in 'Other Games'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2006 08:37AM by -Mikey-.
Date: January 02, 2006 08:45AM
I tried the game again after some months without playing and now is even better than before. The issue with you being able to control several cars at a time has to do with the users you have introduced in the race. You probably have 3 users active in the session and have the same control setting for all of them, so when you accelerate to drive your car both 3 do the same. Just disable 2 users (unless you have 3 brains and 6 hands) or delete them. For an offline practice you just need one user. If you want to race against other player in your computer, then you must add a second user and set up the controls for him.

As for the not being able to turn it most likely has to do with the controls you selected. For some strange reason, if you use the default GP4 controls (for instance) you won't be able to turn. The left and rightt keys don't work. Just set the right and left controls to any other key and it will work (my setup, for example, is 'A'/'Z' for accelerate/brake and 'N'/'M' for turn left/right).

The most fun part of the game is the online races. You just connect to the server and pick a race from the active ones to join. You can also create a race of your own and wait for people to connect (in such case you can also restrict access, ban people and so on). Just a warning: it is highly addictive (and this is no fun: I lost a lot of time in front of the computer with the freakin' game when I used to play) and there is so much fast guys out here which sometimes won't tell you what car setup they are using, so it can be a bit demoralizing.

Regards
Date: January 02, 2006 09:21AM
Posted by: -Mikey-
Yeah I did actually use GP4 controls, but I fixed it now thanks. So there isn't a way to have AI racers against you then? Its either alone, or on a server? Also, when i click 'search for servers', it only finds one brazilian one which it wont connect to...any ideas?

Date: January 02, 2006 09:59AM
Yep. There is no way to have AI racers against you. A shame, but it is a game meant for online racing (in fact it begun as a little amusement for the author and his friends and in some way that is what it continues to be).

The lack of active races right now is because of the day hour it is. The game is spanish, so it is at european afternoon time when the people connects to play (ca. 20pm-2am GMT+1). There seems to be also a community of brazilians which use to play (they must be at GMT-4 or something like that), so the only race you've seen is the one from some noctamboulus brazilians (lol). When I used the play there used to be also a couple of brits, germans and frenchies. At european afternoon time there are races with a lot of people and they usually are A LOT funny, especially when the race host has activated the collisions. Imagine that you are meters away from the pole in your qualifying lap and then a slower guy makes a bad move when you are passing near him so it messes your lap. I remember a lot of arguments in the chat of the game because of this. Very fun :D.

As for the problems on connect check if you have an active firewall which is blocking access to Internet to MRO. If this is what happens, open port TCP 6666 for it (this is the port it uses) and if the race is active and has free access you should have no problems to enter. It can also happen that the race has ceased to exist and the server is still listing it, but such a situation doesn't use last for a long time, as the server re-scans the races' state quite often.

I've been playing and they've changed the physics. All my deep wisdom for setups has gone and I'm now nowhere near my best times. I'll check the forums for tips on the new physics. They used to be quite simple.

Regards
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy