GPX site

Posted by Flick Wang 
GPX site
Date: December 23, 2005 12:46PM
Posted by: Flick Wang
GPX Carpainting has closed, where do i talk about car painting now.?

flick x
Re: GPX site
Date: December 23, 2005 12:53PM
Posted by: b-tone
that came a bit out of the blue :o

I guess you guys hve reasons, so best of luck for whatever comes next and thanks Max Bojan and others for the site while it was :)

____
Tony

Date: December 23, 2005 12:53PM
Posted by: IWE
I was wondering same thing.. Those was bit sad news.. :S

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: December 23, 2005 02:39PM
Posted by: IWE
Somebody is already trying to start new Gp4 carpainting furum in here:

[s14.invisionfree.com]

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: December 23, 2005 02:52PM
Posted by: pankykapus
hehe and you're the newest member :)
Date: December 23, 2005 04:56PM
Posted by: Speedooo
Well then I have to move to that forum :P
Date: December 23, 2005 05:01PM
Posted by: Max Downforce
Sorry, guys but we had a blast doing it. For me it's like the closing of a big chapter of my life, really. As of 2001 i was very heavily involved in GPx. First with my own site, the GPVWC and then teaming up with Bojan for GPxCarpainting. From then it really got out of hand.

The site was very special to me. But it's also a burden to maintain such a site and to develop new ideas for it. It felt like a big responsibility because it was quite successful in it's own right.

The new ideas were never the problem. But it all got stuck in the realisation of those ideas. Which is a hell of a job and it takes heaps of time. This year quite a few things changed in my life and i decided it was time to move on. So we decided to pull the plug instead of gradually letting it die.....

Sometimes something you create becomes bigger then you ever expected or intended. And when it does....it takes over and you have to deal with it.

So it may come as a surprise to you but for me it has been a difficult long process to let go of it completely. But hey, life is full of challenges and sometimes it's a bigger challenge to let go then to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Date: December 23, 2005 05:32PM
Posted by: pankykapus
Sorry to hear that :(
Good luck in real life! :)
Date: December 23, 2005 05:43PM
Posted by: big jon famagoosta
Thanks very much Ray for all of your time and advice over the years.

Everything happens for a reason.

Big Jon Famagoosta aka Slave1

Date: December 23, 2005 07:53PM
Posted by: R0b3rt0_38
well... what should i say... it was my favourite forum and now its gone... :S

so, thanx Max to have keeped that website one till now, just sad that it have been closed directly...

so R.I.P. GPX Carpainting :(

- - - - -
Roberto - CTDP

www.rob38designs.co.nr
Date: December 23, 2005 08:39PM
Posted by: _Erix_
Wisely said Ray. You know I support you in your decision, good luck and do you remember Vera Lynn? ;-)

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: December 23, 2005 08:42PM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
Damn that pesky real life... always meddling in people's business. ;)

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: December 23, 2005 09:09PM
Posted by: zulu_85
Sorry to hear that, :(
Well, many thanks again, you always had nice things to say about my work - so thanks, and best of luck. :)
Date: December 23, 2005 11:28PM
Posted by: mika19b
I have made a new site www.s14.invisionfree.com/GP4_Carpainting/ (as mentioned by IWE) I no it will never be the same as the GPX site but at least we can talk there like we used to on GPX site. I have mailed max downforce to see if he still has all the downloads (templates etc) and i will host them on the site.
Thanx Mika19b

P.S. The website is a bit basic at the moment BUT it will be updated with new stuff a.s.a.p.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy