Newbie - Couple of questions

Posted by forzaf1 
Re: Newbie - Couple of questions
Date: December 22, 2005 09:38PM
Posted by: kimiraik
thank you so much guys, I had really missed this beta version!
@zeppelin
yeah I noticed it...
Thanks again, and sorry for being off-topic!
Date: December 22, 2005 09:44PM
Posted by: b-tone
@forzaf1 - i hope its not your last question - we'll be out of work :p

gpxpatch is very old (since gp2 days i think) and very critical for gp4, and csm uses it alos. some things csm lets gpxpatch do. but of course you can change any gpxpatch settings thru the csm set.
if you uncheck Quickstart on csm then when the loading is done gpxpatch opens, and you can make changes to it,
you can also edit the ini files in the set - probably in data/gpxpatch folder. then those changes will happen just for that set. so 2005 has modern timings, ans 1979 has old style ;)

which 2005 set have you got installed? the old one came out in bits and pieces and for the best result you need to install them all. but the new version will hopefully go to testers tonite, so if you can wait a few eeks you can get the all in one brand new set. or like i said, if you're up to testing it you're welcome :)

____
Tony

Date: December 23, 2005 06:41PM
Posted by: forzaf1
I have it sorted out. All working as best I can get it.

Only problem I have is with the 2005 carset I downloaded, when I qualify or practice and leave the pits, it is stuck in 1st gear. I read that you need to hit the 'Scroll Lock' key. Unfortunatly laptops don't normally come with this so it means I cannot qualify or practice.

Alex
Date: December 23, 2005 06:56PM
Posted by: Marclaren
The later sets in the 2005 mod have that option turned off; but beware, you have to download the sets in order.

Date: December 23, 2005 07:20PM
Posted by: forzaf1
Are you able to point me to an updated set???

Thanks.
Alex
Date: December 23, 2005 08:08PM
Posted by: brunoboi
in the csm mainscreen unclick quickstart and gpx will come up when you start up the game

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy