Toyota TF106 - Released

Posted by Teraur 
Toyota TF106 - Released
Date: December 11, 2005 11:53PM
Posted by: Teraur
Hi!

I'm proud to show you my first attempt to a 2006 car, and it is the TF106. It will probably change before the beginning of the season, but I will still have a good base to update it :)

As I decided to not include the engine to safe polys, I have add a lot of polys on the shape to improve the normals compare to my 2005 cars, but it still less heavy :) The shape actually have 9200 polys. I have join the exhausts and the sidepods, for example, I have made 3D grills on the rear fins too...

Still have to work on the normals and to finish some little things.

Bye
Teraur

--------------------------------

Happy owner of : Epiphone Les Pauls 100 - Fender Stratocaster Standard - Gibson Les Pauls Standard

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2006 03:17PM by Teraur.
Re: Toyota TF106
Date: December 11, 2005 11:57PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Great news Teraur and it looks amazing :)
Date: December 12, 2005 12:00AM
Posted by: jpmfw
wow!!,nothing else to say :)
Date: December 12, 2005 12:18AM
Posted by: R0b3rt0_38
OH GOD ! HE'S BACK !!! LOL ! ;)

nice job mate ;)

- - - - -
Roberto - CTDP

www.rob38designs.co.nr
Date: December 12, 2005 12:40AM
Posted by: chet
looks nice but shape wise.. wats the difference between it and the tf105?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: December 12, 2005 12:46AM
Posted by: six degrees
let me get the praise out of the way first: it looks really well done, very neat modelling and the bodywork looks pretty much spot on.

a couple things leap out at me tho - the 06 and 05B cars both have the "no keel" front suspension, and you've quite obviously modelled a keel in there, and as such the pickup points are wrong. also you seem to still be using yohan's old (and to be frank it was @#$%& to begin with) floorpan & suspension "template" - it might be worth thinking about making your own one now. It'd definately fit better with the overall quality of the rest of the model.
Date: December 12, 2005 12:49AM
Posted by: IWE
same car as tf105b just bit different rear-end..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: December 12, 2005 01:10AM
Posted by: Briere
1 x 2048x2048 ?
Date: December 12, 2005 01:20AM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
Great work Teraur the shape looks awesome
Date: December 12, 2005 02:18AM
Posted by: Enzojz
Looks great , as some advise.
Don't make the nose so round on the top side like what you did on 2005 cars , McLaren and Jordan . The round nose is the past style , is has become more and more flat since season 2000.

The second advise is you can reduce some verties on sidepod , in my opinion , not so much needed , you can fix the normals by manual way , that will look much better than now and save polys. I realised these not now before , and it really works.

However , great car, I see a sunrise of hope after the leave of Wai , Bojan , Dahie and Me . Expected to see your 2006 MOD , and Oggo , and Intweb's.
Date: December 12, 2005 02:24AM
Look at the F1-2000 ,normals all fixed by manual way.

Date: December 12, 2005 02:41AM
Posted by: loren
pretty nice.... although I think you can lose a lot of polys in the sidepod
Date: December 12, 2005 03:00AM
Posted by: ColdBlood
Good shape; you could cut down some polys I believe.
Date: December 12, 2005 08:30AM
Posted by: Joeku
who cares abnout polys they dont give a drastic increase. hgive us a poly couint.

________________________________________________________________________________

Date: December 12, 2005 08:34AM
Posted by: ColdBlood
I do care ;)

Gives me a highPO on my old G4MX440SE

So before writing anything please rethink about the topic from other aspects
Date: December 12, 2005 09:28AM
Posted by: fongu
i agree with six degrees, nice model, need to make your own floor and suspension, which isnt too bad to do. But i disagree about losing so many polys on the sidepod, although some of the flat edges could be done with 2 polys. Sometimes pilling on the polys help the normals alot

Date: December 12, 2005 09:50AM
Posted by: b-tone
yep i agree.
its better to cut a few thousand unseen polys from the inside and add a few hundred where they are visible.

and it looks great so far Aurélien :)

____
Tony

Date: December 12, 2005 10:53AM
Posted by: NuMbBrAiN
Great work Teraur...
Totally agree with six degrees...there's not supposed to be a keel...In fact last years Mclaren also didn't have a keel after a certain GP (can't rem which ;)) Otherwise a real high quality car mate. Just make the textures hi-res...:)

Pics of there being no keel :

NOTE : the lower suspension arm meets the nose cone and not a keel

Date: December 12, 2005 11:57AM
High poly gives you a better look on normals , that's because on the turn of egde , the degree between the "round" surface and the "flat" surfect tend to be 180 when more poly is given (something like limite), but you can not ever reach 180 , and so the "flat" surfect will be looked unflat in this way . In fact , it will look even better with less polycount and a manual-way fixed normals , believe it , you can try it. In my opinon , one or two lines of poly of edge around the cockpit is enough , and four lines for sidepod . One line less on nose would be much better . In account , I think you can cut down 1000 - 1500.
Date: December 12, 2005 01:48PM
Posted by: Kev188
yeaah
that car is great
keep it up.
Nice to have a 06 car in 2005 :)
But I think you should take enzojz advice,he knows what he is/was doing at shaping.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy