2005-2006 Realistic Onboard Cameras
2006 Realistic cc-lines
2006 Sounds

Available in:[marianodicarlo.googlepages.com]
Msn: marianodicarlo@gmail.com
Re: Istanbul V1.0 is released.
Date: November 30, 2005 06:17PM
Posted by: nicol@cciarri
I don't know if is a my feeling, but this track has some pieces with irregular height on layout. I don't mean hills, or natural trend of track ( that is not flat, of course )...I mean that car is almost all the lap with nose bumping up and down. In my opinion, something is wrong on bump factors. When You drive, You have the feeling to have "cross" tyres, instead of F1 tyres.
Furthermore, something can be done also on basic car set up.
This is a 2005 track: I think that everyone has own Physics file, and this is the motive for which is impossible to make a good "default" car set up in magic data. But gears are a little bit too long, in my opinion.
Date: November 30, 2005 06:30PM
Posted by: Ruboy
@nicol@cciari:
Are you going to correct the default setup? Just want to ask this because you are aquainted very well with it.
I am making the hi-res version and thus I could include magic data.

Date: November 30, 2005 07:02PM
Posted by: MiSeRy
marianodc schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My realistic cc-line, cameras & split sectors
>
> Take a look to the cc-line at the corner 8
>
> Download link:
>
> Hope you like it
>
>
> 2005 TV realistic track cameras
> 2005 Realistic Perfomances, Physic &
> cc-setups
> 2005 Realistic Onboard Cameras
> Available in:
> Msn:
> marianod

> 5;carlo@gm
> 7;il.com

Big thx. The best cc line ever.
Date: November 30, 2005 08:12PM
Posted by: marianodc
I think the track got poor grip, it's very slipery when rainning, even all the cc cars goes out the track. There are something to do with magic data.

2005-2006-2007 Realistic Perfomances, Physic & magicdata
2005-2006 Realistic TV trackcams
2005-2006 Realistic Onboard Cameras
2006 Realistic cc-lines
2006 Sounds

Available in:[marianodicarlo.googlepages.com]
Msn: marianodicarlo@gmail.com
Date: November 30, 2005 08:24PM
Posted by: schumi1
Hi everyone,

I know this problem has been dealt about many times, but I'm having problems with the Istanbul track... I replaced the two files STC103.DAT and interlagos2001.wad with the new ones, but when I drive the circuit, i'm still driving on the Interlagos layout...

Can someone help me to solve that problem, I don't remember how to do it

Thanks in advance !
Date: November 30, 2005 08:27PM
Posted by: Nickv
That's because STC103 doesn't exists. You should rename it to S1CT03.
Date: November 30, 2005 08:28PM
lol
no thats not the problem, i just made a mistake while typing it...
Date: November 30, 2005 08:52PM
Do you use b-tone's 2005 mod?

Date: November 30, 2005 08:59PM
Hi ruboy !

Yes, I do use tony's 05 mod. I have the latest update which is hungary, Spa, Brazil...etc

I use CSM 1.25.42

I used gpxpatch to launch the game, but i have the interlagos layout anyway...

Thanks for your help
Date: November 30, 2005 09:04PM
@ Schumy1: Regarding Track use, are You using with GPxpatch? And, using GPxpatch, have You activated "Debug" mode? Other thing: Do You use "default" track order, or not?

@ Ruboy: dear mate, is not a problem for me updating track with new, realistic magic data ( including pit stop and failures data of 2005, fuel quantity for qualify, new track grip, car set up, etc ).
The problem is to make this using a physics file, and a performances text, that can be used by all people. Infact, basically, I can change a lot of parameters in magic data....but one of the most important thing is to obtain track greep, CPU driver strenght and drivers performances in a realistic way ( that is, for example, realistic laptimes in qualify and race, realistic max speed, etc ).
You can understand that I can't make this work in the best way without "your" physics file, and "your" perf text.
In case, send me these files, and I will do a correct magic file for realistic performances on this track.
Otherwise, I can update magic file with the main , realistic features ( pit stops, failures), and new, generic " default" track grip and car set up, closer to 2005 performances.
Is suitable this idea? Let me know...
Date: November 30, 2005 09:18PM
yes i'm using gpxpatch with deug mode activated. I use the 2005 track order, but that is included in tony's 2005 mod anyway

Still can't find the problem

I remember lots of people having problems with the Shanghai circuit when it first came out in early August, some file had to be renamed, maybe the same problem here ?

Also what about the file 2005-Interlagos.DAT? anything to do with this file ?

Thanks
Date: November 30, 2005 09:24PM
@nicol@cciari
Thanks, mate - but I do not need it because it runs fine for me:)
I propsed that because others had some problems concerning performance, grip etc. But you are right, it's not that easy and the laptimes are a result of physics, performance, track grip, tyre grip etc. altogether. As many people have their individual settings it should be adjusted manually to get the wanted result.

@schumi1:
If cars follow cc-line of another track, it's always the .dat which is wrong.
It's the name of the .dat file which causes trouble. I'm not quite sure which name it should have (of course the same as for the Interlagos .dat file). Rename the S1CT03.dat to 2005-interlagos.dat or 2005-istanbul.dat. This should work. I am not quite sure about the exact names so ask b-tone about this if it doesn't work.

Date: November 30, 2005 09:39PM
Thanks a lot ruboy! I renamed S1CT03.dat to 2005-interlagos.dat as you told me, and it worked!

Thanks again, great track
Date: December 01, 2005 06:35AM
Posted by: F-1 FOREVER
Thanks for the track. Is there any way to make it work in other slot instead of Brazil's?
Date: December 01, 2005 07:48AM
Posted by: b-tone
@nicol@cciarri - can you adjust the magic data using default values?
i know theres lots of avalable data in MD, but lately i'm not sure if its good to touch it.
making the dtm physics, i think its better to adjust perfs/physics to suit the track/md. otherwise we'll have to include new md/dat for all tracks to suit the dtm mod.
and soon there could be dozens of tracks, so you'd end up with DTM running fine on some, but poorly on tracks without dtm specific md.
so i think new tracks should have md to suit default physics. of course all new tracks probably need some md tweaking.
but as md is stored in the exe (isn't it?) maybe one day a new physics editor will take that into account?

____
Tony

Date: December 01, 2005 08:03AM
Posted by: sunil
@nicol@cciarri

can u make performance files for 2005 just like u did for 2004 which is very good and accurate still now i am using for my 2004 GP4.

i know that u quitted from this point but unable to stop asking u.please

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: December 01, 2005 08:43AM
F-1 FOREVER Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the track. Is there any way to make it
> work in other slot instead of Brazil's?

[www.grandprixgames.org]

Date: December 01, 2005 11:48AM
@ Tony: Hi, my friend. yes, I can do something on magic file for Istanbul track, since ( IMO ) there are several things that could be improved.
I can do a new magic set, based on default Physics file...but anyway I need your perf text. Then, I will do eventually also something to fit better with your Physics file 2005 Mod....but I need those 2 files.
If You want to send me them
n.acciarri@libero.it
As soon as i've prepared something new file, then, I'll send You to test.

@ Sunil: dear mate, thank You for interest on my performances. However, as I previously said, I will not make any performances set, because this year I've not had time for this understimed ( in terms of time ) work.
Infact, when I made 2004 performances, I spent a lot of time for each track to adjust the more close to the reality is possible performances, particularly in:
qualify times, and max speed; race times, and max speed; failures and pit stop data; tweaker data ( qual rule order, pit race speed, track laps in race, etc ).
This is a huge work...that I never started since I realized I was not able for my few time. Of course, in this moment, I'm not intentioned to start with this work....and I confess that 2005 performances, for several conditions ( pit stops over 3; no tyre changing; a lot of race falsed from pace car; Indy "story", etc ) are difficult to reproduce. But also if one wants to make "generic" performances, are needed all 2005 races data....and a lot of time I've no more for GP4. Sorry.
Date: December 01, 2005 12:52PM
Posted by: sunil
@nicol@cciarri

it's ok. thank u

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy