help please cam editor wont work

Posted by brian 
help please cam editor wont work
Date: November 14, 2005 09:35AM
Posted by: brian
just got a new system running xp pro with service pack 2, installed the game and 9.6 patch and gpx no probs, gp tweak works so does gp4 master with the decrypt exe , the only program i cant get to work is camera editors ive tried diffrent versions same with gp edit just need to edit some cams for my cockpit view,any one tell me what is wrong this is the message i get after tring to run the cam program AppName: cameditor 5.6 exe Appver 5.6.0.0 kernell32 dll
ModVer 5.1.2600.2180 Offset 0001eb33

ive downloaded the kernell32dlland placed it in the windows system directory but still get same message
Re: help please cam editor wont work
Date: November 14, 2005 10:17AM
Posted by: b-tone
cam editor was replaced by team editor a while ago. look on Lo2k's site for it

____
Tony

Date: November 15, 2005 08:36AM
thanks for the reply but it happens with team edit to same error message but all other editors like gp4 master gp tweak work ok
Date: November 15, 2005 12:08PM
Posted by: quickslick
delete the folders cameditor and teameditor in HKey_Current_User\software\Lok2's tools , restart yopur pc and try it again
Date: November 18, 2005 12:11PM
thanks for your help quickslip tried this but still got same problem uninstalled the game and came editor same prob, i want to put in a saved cars wad with a new cockpit the only prob ive got is the cars windscreen or visor more like it is raised , is there any way to move this down manually , however without no team editor i cant edit physics and so on so at the moment my game is stuffed, have a feeling im missing a dll or something that simple but cant work out why this is happening any tips please.
Date: November 18, 2005 12:21PM
Posted by: quickslick
drop me your emailadress here and i'll send you the kernel32.dll, maybe it helps you :-) oh and btw, i'm not quickslip :-))
Date: November 18, 2005 02:26PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@Brian: could you try to temporary replace your current cars.wad with default one and check if TeamEditor (not CamEditor please) still do not load ?

PS: replacing kernel32.dll can't help to fix such error as kernel32.dll is most surely not responsible for it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2005 02:30PM by Lo2k.
Date: November 22, 2005 10:15AM
thanks for the tip lo2k i cleaned out my registry same error message. i then uninstalled the game and all editors cleaned out my registry, did a fresh install of gp4 installed team editor same error, and ive downloaded the kernell32 dll placed it in my windows system folder a few weeks ago quicksick but thanks for your help and offer, at the end of the day this has me stuffed every other game and utillity work but this one, at the moment im gutted.
Date: November 22, 2005 12:09PM
I cleaned up my forum recently and saw that one possible cause for this kernel32.dll error could come from a too recent ATI driver...
Do you have any ATI card with a very latest driver ?

Date: November 25, 2005 11:39AM
thanks for the reply again lo2k but no i have a nvidia 6600gt windows xp pro with service pack 2
Date: November 25, 2005 11:55AM
yep, same configuration as me.

Well,
if you used a clean GP4 fresh install with zero mod, patch 9.6 and decrypt exe,
if you deleted my lo2k's tools registry key,
if you use my latest TeamEditor version (3.1),
and use an officiel nvidia driver (I tested up to 81.85),
then for me your only solution is to reinstall windows because it's the last software that could be corrupted and create such error...

Date: November 27, 2005 09:37AM
yes it works thanks lo2k downloaded version 3.1 and it works fantastic im over the moon i love me gp4, anyway thank you for all your help cheers
Date: November 27, 2005 11:57AM
Didn't you use TEaEMditor 3.1 so far ? Even after b-tone advice ?
Glad it finaly works anyhow

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy