how can I change the order of the tracks?

Posted by Camacho 
Re: how can I change the order of the tracks?
Date: November 22, 2005 01:12PM
Posted by: Camacho
Hi friend!!

well, I come back with problems, je je!!

this is the question: I take melbourne 2005 by ricardo lampert and I do the steps renaming everything like you said to albertpark05. (I have to say that with your anim.wad the game runs well) I do the same that I made with istanbul but at this time the game crashes when it's loading the track. I don't understand prblanco, with istanbul everything was ok and now it's wrong.

the game only crashes in albertpark05. in the other tracks the game works fine.

please, tell what's the problem now. I think that I never could get slot-independet tracks. I'm frustrated again friend...

thanks a lot and a very happy racing from spain!

Sorry and 1000 times sorry!!

I have made a mistake: in the anim.wad I name the file albertpark and not albertpark05. now the track is... slot-independent!!! Wow!!
Only one question: if I rename all the files to a new one, is necessary to insert magic data from the original file in gp4??

Thanks a lot for show me the way. Thank you much friend!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2005 01:34PM by Camacho.
Date: November 22, 2005 02:00PM
Posted by: Prblanco
Well, glad you found your mistake :)

And about magic data, yes, it is highly recommended to insert it from GP4. If you don't insert it and put Melbourne in slot 15 (Monza), CCs will use 4/3 wing setup ;)

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: November 22, 2005 02:37PM
And what about other tracks? For example shanghai and istanbul don't have magic data and there is no track with similar conditions.

What do you do in this situations friend?

Thanks a lot and a very happy racing from spain!!
Date: November 22, 2005 02:46PM
Posted by: Prblanco
Well, I don't know for sure because I use marianodc's setups... but if I were to insert magic data from original GP4 tracks, I'd put Montreal's magic into Shanghai and Barcelona's magic into Istanbul. If these don't satisfy you, you can always edit the magic files :)

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: November 23, 2005 02:47PM
thanks friend!!

I've got to say... thanks a lot friend! for now I have 6 slot-independent tracks and they run very well, better than I wish!!

when I try istanbul and shanghai I try to do what you say, but I don't know much about editing magic data.

which values do you think are the main in a track?

thanks a lot and a very happy racing from spain!!
Date: May 04, 2006 06:02PM
Posted by: da silva
hi all,

could anyone help me pls....

I did exactly what prblanco explained on pg 1 in this thread for setting up bahrain in slot 1 instead of melbourne but as the track is loading exactly in the middle in crashed to windows...

what did i do wrong?? or is there anyother method how i can do it maybe with less hassle..??

thanks
Date: May 05, 2006 06:14AM
Posted by: camber
open GP4.exe in HEX Editor ~ 45 line - track order. This method for coordinat track WADs. For *dat edit track.ini with GPxPatch. For each season need editable GP4.exe + track.ini
Date: May 05, 2006 10:46AM
from where can i download HEX editor??
Date: May 05, 2006 11:05AM
Posted by: camber
You want to use same free programm hex editor like this or over [www.chmaas.handshake.de].
Open/edit/save GP4 exe
Date: May 05, 2006 11:07AM
ok mate thanks alot....ill give it a try
Date: May 05, 2006 12:24PM
could anyone help me in using hex editor pls...im new to this editor and have no idea...

So..to edit track order its line 45, right?? But how do i find line 45??
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy