The Official WSRC (World Sim Racing Championship) thread

Posted by saturdaynight 
I'd actually like to try it. Slicks sound nice, but I think we'll keep the grooved tyres for the series...haven't really thought about it though...
Might end up using these for WGP perhaps if they turn out ok... I'll have to see really. But you never know, you might like these; tyre grip is something like 2040 lateral and longitudal, with a low CoG...
Zeppelin! That is quite fast for Montreal! WOW! YOu got a hotlap of that time?I'd like to view that lap! ;)

The World Sim Racing Championship
How do I save it? I did it in free pratice, and since I don't actually do much "hotlapping", just try and blast round a track as quick as possible, some pointers please?
After finising the lap, just pres Escape, go into save, then choose hotlap. He won't be able to view your lap properly, if you are not using the same physics and track data though...
I can put in track data for this lap, and then take it out again for my own purposes...

And I am using the same physics as you guys :P
Yeah, but currently we are using original track data from the game, so all you need is the physics I think...
Yeah, the physics is all you really need to worry about and just bare in mind that everyone is using 900 bhp this season!

900bhp it is then, I'll go and do a couple of laps in a little bit, I'm on render duty atm :P

-EDIT- Here's the link to my lap for all you hot lappers... Once I'd checked I'd loaded the right physics, I got a 1:09:762 so here it is...
[s59.yousendit.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2005 04:48PM by zeppelin101.
The WSRC Japanese GP in review!

It was a heated battle from begining to end! Rocha took off with Vincenzi close behind him, battling it out lap after lap with the closest gap being a mere 4 tenths of a second! Meanwhile, Finlay King and Glavnille started off in that order. Finlay started to pull away early and King lost position to Glavnille midway through the race. A lap later, King would lose his concentration and put himself way back, leaving the two key battles going ahead of him and then the crash, on lap ten, that put him out of the race while struggling with the car after the shunt on lap six.

No matter what Vincenzi tried to throw at Rocha, it was Rocha's day to shine and he did so leading from lap one to the checkered flag! This set the stage for the final epic battle in Australia.

With the Constructors title already won by Team BMW Arrows, the 2005 WSRC Japanese GP, proved that it's not over until it's over! With Rocha's win over Vincenzi and Finlay's third place finish playing spoiler for Glanville, the top three drivers are now tied with 100 points each. You could feel the tension coming into this race! The rivaly between drivers is at an all time high! It all comes down to who crosses the line first, in Australia and brings home the coveted World Driver's Title!

Here are the final results for the Japanese GP:

Rocha 14:46:781
Vincenzi 14:47:386
Finlay 15:16:523
Glanville 15:18:926
King DNF

Fastest laps

Rocha 1:28.193
Vincenzi 1:28.327
Finlay 1:31.105
Glanville 1:31.083
King 1:31.943

Current Season Standings

Driver's Championship:
Glanville 100
Vincenzi 100
Rocha 100
King 74
Finlay 64
Dalby 38
Bolman 19
Byrne 7
Basford 6

Constructors Championship:
Arrows 200
Porsche 138
Audi 100
KDR 38
Nokia 19
Clownpaint 13

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2005 08:04PM by saturdaynight.
So it looks more and more like we might be using a 15% quick race format for 2006! Drivers will still need to submit one free practice lap, for their qualifying run, just as they do this year.

Here are the latest revisions on the rules: (Subject to The Driver's Council Approval)

Registration Rules:

A Maximum of 11 teams can enter the WSRC with no more then 2 drivers. 1 driver cannot drive both cars.

=====================================

Regulations:

This Championship is intended for those using WSRC 2006 Carset, which will be available for download as soon as it is available. The 2006 Carset requires the use of CSM 1.25 Build 45 (Currently. It might change as new versions of CSM arrive). To use the carset, you must also have Gp4 1.02 with no-cd patch and GPxPatch latest version installed.

You may use an existing F1 team or create your own fictional team but we prefer you to create your own team. Please consider checking if there are teams with seats available before making your own.

Drivers and Constructors points will be as follows per race:

If the series has more then ten drivers, then we will use the following points system.

1st = 10
2nd = 8
3rd = 6
4th = 5
5th = 4
6th = 3
7th = 2
8th = 1

If the series has ten drivers or less, then we will use the following points system

instead.

1st = 10
2nd = 6
3rd = 4
4th = 3
5th = 2
6th = 1

A Race Weekend:

Qualifying for a race:
Submit your best hotlap using Free Practice mode. The hotlap files would be verified for their creation date between Sunday 12am and Sunday at Midnight, the week before the race. Hotlap Submissions are final. Once you submit your hotlaps, no new hotlaps can be submitted for that event.

Hotlaps will be compiled to determine starting grid. Qualifying determines your overall finish time for the race. For each place you sit in the grid, you lose a half second in the overall race finish time. This is called Grid Disadvantage. So when all driver times are compiled after the race, you take their grid disadvantange and add that to their time.
Grid Disadvantage chart:

1 = 0.0
2 = 0.1
3 = 0.2
4 = 0.3
5 = 0.4
6 = 0.5
7 = 0.6
8 = 0.7
9 = 0.8
10= 0.9
11= 1.0
12= 1.1
13= 1.2
14= 1.3
15= 1.4
16= 1.5
17= 1.6
18= 1.7
19= 1.8
20= 1.9
21= 2.0
22= 2.1

Race Day:

You must complete a %15 quickrace with one pit stop (Subject to change) The quickrace files would be verified for their creation date between Sunday 12am and Saturday at Midnight, the week before race weekend. The quickrace files will be compiled to process the overall time for each driver and thus determine the outcome of the race. Late entries will be penalized by dropping ten places on the grid.

If you fail to submit a hotlap for qualifying you receive a DNQ (Did Not Qualify). The driver will start from the back of the grid.

If you submit a qualifying lap and don't submit your quickrace laps, then you suffer a DNF. (Did not finish)

All Submissions are final. Once you submit your files, no new files can be submitted for that event.

Note: Any deviation from these rules will result in a disqualification from the race.

The race Admin will verify the following in the files files using HofxLapView:

GP4 Version
GP4 tracks
Race Type
Session
Weather type
Checksum
Track Checksum
Car #
Driver name
Team name
Power
Fuel laps
Auto brake must be off
Auto Gear can be on or off
Spin recovery must be off
Indestructible must be off
Best line can be on or off
Best gear can be on or off
Throttle help can be on
Steering help can be on
Plank Wear must not exceed 1.00 for the full duration of the race and Qualifying lap

Team Management Rules:

Engine, Fuel and tire Suppliers are up to the team owners and is strictly for aesthetics. Bridgestone and Michelin are the only tire suppliers allowed for the competition.

Testing and Development Rules:

Each team starts out with 830bhp. Testing events will be scheduled to allow for BHP development to increase your teams BHP. Here is how testing is broken down:

The current formula to calculating the BHP bonus is: 1 lap = 0.25 BHP
That means that for each lap the team does, they

One race! Three drivers! One goal! With the closing of the inagural 2005 WSRC season, Melbourne, is anything but just another race! The final battle between Brian Glanville, Hernqiue Rocha and Diogo Vincenzi, has been set.

In a contest of domination! The quite, before the storm, has just begun! 900 hosrepower virtual machines will soon be awoken from their slumber and a 2005 WSRC World Champion will be crowned! ...This is the Australian GP!!!

Welcome race fans, to the 2005 WSR Australian GP! This one looks to be over from the starting grid! Diogo vincenzi, has recorded, probably the fastest lap ever here at Melbourne! He sits'on pole with an incredible 1:20.951! Sitting in second place is his main rival Henrique Rocha, who qualified almost two seconds back! In thord is Matt Finlay, who's had a fabulouse season, taking home a win in Montreal and has shown huge imrovements throughout the year. In Fourth is Brian Glanville, one of three drivers with everything at stake today. He's won in indianapolis, France and Germany and I'm sure is looking for an upset and to take home the crown and Finally, in Fifth, is Lonnie King. With his Teammate matt Finlay, they were able to secure a Second place constructors finish for the team which will be disbanded at the closing of the season.

Here coem the lights! This is it, the closing race of the season! Vincenzi dashes off the line, two seconds ahead of Rocha followed by Finlay and Glanville, both about a seconds back! King has a slow start and five seconds off the lead pace. Lap two, Vincenzi is running a blistering pace, and already has opened up just over a five seconds lead on Rocha. Two seconds back is Finlay and Glavnille fighting for position and King is about three seconds back from Glavnille. Lap three, Almost eight seconds separates Vincenzi From Rocha. Four seconds back Finlay has lead Glavnille by about a seconds. King is still three seconds back from Glanville. Lap four, Vincenzi's lead is now about nine seconds over Rocha! Rocha is not running slow either! Five secodns behind him is Finlay who's has put another seconds between he and Glanville. King's pace is slowing! Lap five, half way to go and twelve seconds is the lead that Vincenzi has over Rocha! Almost seven seconds back from Rocha is Finlay wh's lead over Glanville has dropped to a second. King spins off and recovers! Lap six, Vincenzi is really porung it on. Now fourteen seconds ahead of Rocha. Seven seconds from him is Finlay who open up his lead over glanville once again! King seem's to have gotten himselfe back under control on that last lap but still a bit slow. Lap seven, Sixteen seconds now. Vincenzi looks like he'll be taking the victory and the crown! Rocha is doing all he can and cannot keep pace with Vincenzi! In Third Finlay is now abut three seconds ahead of Glanville and King crashes! What a shame! Twice in two races! You just can't end a day any worse then that! Lap eight, Vinceniz is now about nine teen seconds ahead of Rodcha! Unbelievable! Ten seconds behind Rocha is Finlay who is leading Glanville by about four seconds. Lap nine, The gap is now 22 seconds! Vincenzi just has to hold on for one more lap! Finlay, still ten seconds back form Rocha is now leading Glanville by almost five seconds. The Final lap, Vincenzi is the WSRC World Champion! Rocha finishes in second followed by Finlay and the Glanville. What a startling finish to the 2005 season! BMW Arrows may have taken the Constructors Title but Audi's Diogo Vincenzi, has the Driver's Title!

Final Standings

Vincenzi 13:39:803
Rocha 14:04:396
Finlay 14:16:809
Glanville 14:22:075
King DNF

Fastest laps

Vincenzi 1:21.225
Rocha 1:23.757
Finlay 1:25.072
Glanville 1:25.865
King 1:27.034

Current Season Standings

Driver's Championship:

Vincenzi 110
Rocha 108
Glanville 105
King 74
Finlay 70
Dalby 38
Bolman 19
Byrne 7
Basford 6

Constructors Championship:
Arrows 214
Porsche 144
Audi 110
KDR 38
Nokia 19
Clownpaint 13

It's been a fantastic season and we will see you all again in 2006, on February 19th, right back here in Australia as the opener for the 2006 WSRC Season! So long everyone!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy