The Official WSRC (World Sim Racing Championship) thread

Posted by saturdaynight 
First of all I want to thank Grandprixgames.org for allowing me to post this.

The Official WSRC Web Site

We are just about to complete our 2005 season as this weekend is the Japanese GP followed in two weeks by the Australian GP to close things up.

This is a unique GP4 hotlap competition where the winner of each race is decided on how quickly they can complete ten consecutive hotlaps in a row.

There is also a qualifying session that places the starting grid, although this rule might change if we change the race format at all. Your grid position will have some play in your race finish times.

Please visit the rules section of the website to get a full understanding of the rules.

Also please note, that the current rules are for 2005 and the 2006 rules have changed in some dramatic ways. For instance, we've done away with the money system and everyone starts out on even ground with 830 bhp. The more testing you do, the more bhp you can attain with a maximum amount available to 910bhp.

Anyway, the full rules are still being descussed on our forums and in the interest of being allowed to post this thread here, we do not discuss general GP4 issues, only those issue related to the WSRC season and files that go along with them.

We look forward to any grandprixgames.org members who have an interest in this series.

Cheers!

Lonnie King
WSRC President

The World Sim Racing Championship

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2005 07:40PM by saturdaynight.
The Suzuka update!

The WSRC season is coming down to the wire! The Constructors race has already been won by Team BMW Arrows, in the hands of Rocha and Glanville. This weekend the WSRC, visits Suzuka Curcuit, for the 2005 WSRC Japanese GP. Coming into the even, Glanville has a small lead of 95 points followed by Vincenzi with 92 points. In third is Rocha, with 90 points. Anyone of these drivers is capable of taking home the Drivers champioinship, with only two races left. King is in a distant fourth with 74 points followed by his teammate, Finlay with 58 points and Dalby with 38 points.

Testing this week has shown that this could be the most hotly contested event of the year with a mear two seconds separating the entire field, with times ranging from the 1:31's down to the 1:29s.

Qualifying update

Finlay 1:31.021
King 1:31.570
Glanville 1:31.769

We are still waiting for qualifying times from Vincenzi, Rocha, and Dalby.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2005 07:26PM by saturdaynight.
Sounds like most of the people are from simracingworld.com forums, which is interesting... sounds interesting this though :)
Well, I recently found out that some of these guys are also members here too. Red_Bull and Joe-Satriani for example! :)

I really don't see the championship as part of one single forum but more or less a unified Sim Racing Championship that we all can have fun with. :)

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2005 07:55PM by saturdaynight.
Yep, I'm going flat out for the driver's championship on the last two races ;) Let's see what happens :)
I wouldn't be suprised if Finlay got into the 1:30's in his race laps! He has suprised me this year. He started at about my pace and then kept improving leaps and bounds. I think he will be a contender for next season!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2005 11:33PM by saturdaynight.
well im not sure about 1:30's during the race, but i probably could've gone a little bit quicker in qualifying.

but yeah, guys, we're looking for participants to join, its really simple and can be quite fun. :)

I wouldn't mind, but I'll need to check up on the rules and see what's what before I say yes for sure :)
Once we have finalized the rules for 2006 I'll post a link!

Two new teams have signed up for this season (Holden Motorsports and Eclipse Motorsports) and we are still not sure what's happening with two of the original team (Team Clownpaint and Team Nokia). Team KDR, is still looking for another driver. Team Porsche is being disbanded as Finlay is starting up Holden Motorsports and I'm moving over to Audi F1. There is also word that a handful of others have expressed interest as well. Obviously the races are much more interesting when more drivers are involved!

How the hell did they get 1:34's around sepang with those physics? Are you using extra tweaker grip? Jees, I'm not a crap driver, but the best I managed was a 1:35! (I beat my dad by a long shot on that, and he has done quite a lot of racing here and there).
You would not believe the amount of hours these guys put into getting their cars set to perfection! Some of these guys will put in upwards of 150-200 laps before the race. I've verrified their hotlaps. In Season 2006 we are going a bit further with the rules by creating a CSM Carset to further manage the files that the user are able to use. With checksums in place.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2005 06:08PM by saturdaynight.
200 laps? Screw that I'll stick to makin tracks :P
I don't ever do that many laps myself! Of course I'm not one of the to drivers either! It's mostly for fun! Don't let that number deture you. :) Don't forget that there is usually a two week gap betwen races, so there is lots of time to configure setups for the next race.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2005 06:23PM by saturdaynight.
Yea I've got about 100 different setups on this pc alone for a million different mods and physics, and not one of them delivers any kind of performance (Probably because there's no grip when you accelerate through a corner), and I can't be bothered to make a load of new ones to make sure I get a decent lap time...

I'll stick with my 105% grip thanks :P
Is there anyone up for the hardcore challenge of the WSRC? It's really a lot of fun!!! :)

It's a chance to become the "WSRC World Champion!" This year that name could Be, Brian Glanville of Ireland, Henrique Rocha of Brazil, or Diogo Vincenzi of Brazil. Who is it going to be next season?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2005 06:49PM by saturdaynight.
Re: The Official WSRC (World Sim Racing Championship) thread
Date: October 21, 2005 07:00PM
Posted by: Lex
zeppelin101 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't be
> bothered to make a load of new ones to make sure I
> get a decent lap time...

Lol I can give you a starting help... ;)

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Zeppelin, I wouldn't throw in the towel just on that basis. As I said. Next year things are going to be a bit different as everyone will be mandated to use the 2006 Carset and thus everyone will be using the exact same GP4 data.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2005 08:59PM by saturdaynight.
I'd rather use my own physics, but that kinda defies the point, but there isn't actually that much difference between mine, and the original except one or two small things...
It is your call. I just want to make sure you know that we give everyone a fair shake! :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2005 09:37PM by saturdaynight.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy