Istanbul: Anywhere besides GP4 Italia?

Posted by Jagdpanzer 
Istanbul: Anywhere besides GP4 Italia?
Date: October 18, 2005 11:02PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Greetings. I have been trying to download the Istanbul track for the last several days, but the downloaded quota is always maxed out at GP4 Italia.

IS the Istanbul track available foir download anywhere else? Sure would be nice if these files could get uploaded HERE at grandprixgames.org....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Re: Istanbul: Anywhere besides GP4 Italia?
Date: October 18, 2005 11:26PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
It was available on schaller's site (look for the "Istanbul *released*" thread), but I'm not sure if he still has sufficient download quota left (only being a small site) for people to still be downloading it...

And please, if you do manage to get it, don't complain about the bumpiness of the track, it is an early beta really, and there a lot of things that still need doing to it :)
Date: October 19, 2005 01:05AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Thanks zeppelin! No complaints from me on the bumpiness. I realize what a fantastic effort it is to create a new circuit for GP4, and am very grateful to those who try!

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: October 19, 2005 07:23AM
Posted by: quickslick
@ Schaller, i've tried the istanbul track yesterday and got always a ctd. Then i tried to solve the problem and unpacked the interlagos wad with the master, to have a look at the files. As i looked in the maps\interlagos2001 folder, i found some readmes, both tex2tga files and the interlagos2001_track.bin is damaged.And there was another folder that don't belongs in the wad i think. I was called 'masterpics'. Is it possible to clean up the wad, solve the problems for the ctd and upload the track again? would be great for all the people here :-)

here is the log file :

[s50.yousendit.com]

okay, sorry for this. I've changed it now to a zip file:-)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2005 10:08AM by quickslick.
Date: October 19, 2005 09:46AM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
People, please do not post GPxPatch logs anymore because it's very long and nobody except Rene Smith understands anything about them! Upload it somewhere as textfile and put a link here. It spares lot of space.
Date: October 19, 2005 09:51AM
Posted by: Briere
Date: October 19, 2005 10:42AM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
And the track can still be found here --> [www.schallerf1.com]
Date: October 19, 2005 12:35PM
A note about the 90% crash...

[www.realgpx.com]

There isn't much that can be done currently, but a fix is in the works I believe :)
Date: October 19, 2005 02:52PM
Posted by: schaller
Hello. the files seem to still be available from the schallerf1 link above.
Like Zeppelin said, this is definelty a beta. The track profiler option in the new 3DEditor is helping smooth out all the bad bumpiness of the track.
The CTD's you are experienceing have nothing to do with the extra files being present. Even the corrupt bin file does not seem to effect it that much to tell you the truth. If I build good bin file, it uncovers a horrifying problem of a enormous face that extends to the sky and cuts the track in half. you wind up driving through this white wall at a couple places on the track. I hve no ides how to eliminate this and it may require a complete remake of the track and that is not something that will happen in the near future.
Take the wad and the .dat file and hack it up to your hearts content. If you ever come across a solution to any of its problems, please post them somewhere and I will be happy to incorporate th fix. I have make a whole new solid ground surface area that will go around the track and I am busy trying to lay that out. It is looking that I will be remaking the entire track. Not redefining the .dat, that is allready complete and running smoothly, but I fear the entire graphics set needs to be reintroduced to get rid of the enormous face problem that is really a complete show stopper.
It will be a while before a new release.
But rest assured, I plan on working on it all the way up thte 2006 race and it will be ready for everyone to do laps by then.

Thanks
Schaller
Date: October 19, 2005 03:08PM
Posted by: quickslick
thanks for your kindly words Schaller. Now i understand and i hope in some days there'll be a good track available :-)
Date: October 19, 2005 05:06PM
Doesn't matter whether you made a good .bin or not schaller, the theory is, that the pitlane.bin needs a "header", which currently isn't created by 3D editor, (like I said, a fix is in progress), so it is likely that with the new version:

a) the triangle will be gone (Lo2k fixed this on auradrummer's track, I think it's in the current thread...)

b) all tarmac should be perfectly visible and working as it should

Hopefully, I will be able to implement some of the fixes I have come up with, but I wouldn't get too excited about anything just yet :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy