Gfx card setup to run GP4

Posted by calimbo 
Gfx card setup to run GP4
Date: October 16, 2005 07:31AM
Posted by: calimbo
Hi people.

I'm sorry if this thread doesn't belong to here.

The thing is that i just bought a Geforce mx4000 128 MB, and i just upgraded my pc memory to 512. I'm trying to play the game, but the PO goes almost to 300....for some reason, The game shows the EJ15B, maybe i don't remember and Placed it there. Should i do seomthing different on the setup of the card or what is it?

Re: Gfx card setup to run GP4
Date: October 16, 2005 09:12PM
Please, i just put this thread some 12 hours ago and now never see it, please help me i want to play so mcuh GP4

Date: October 16, 2005 09:16PM
Posted by: mp4-dave
What exactly is the problem? You mention a new graphics card and a high PO but then talk about a car? Did you install the jordan?
Did you install the right drivers for you new graphics card?
If you explain the problem a little better first people will be more likely to help.

I walk through walls and inanimate obstacles
By educed a reduction of cells and molecules
Date: October 16, 2005 09:23PM
Posted by: matt3454
what processor have you got? you might just need to install the lastest drivers or older drivers, i find that some of the older drivers work best for my card, but sorry i cant help because i have a ATi card

Date: October 16, 2005 09:24PM
Ok. The thing is i bought a Gefroce mx4000, 128Mb

I don't remember i installed the Jordan, maybe i did it and i don't remember

Yes, I installed the right drivers, the ones that comes on the cd on the box of the card.

That's all i can say...If you need more info ask me, ok? i really want to play

Date: October 16, 2005 09:25PM
My proccesor is an athlon 1600, and i just upgraded my ram memory to 512

Date: October 16, 2005 09:53PM
Posted by: mp4-dave
That set-up should run the game at a decent level, what resolution are you trying to use?
You could try the latest drivers which you can download from Nvidia.
Have you turned off 3D sound? That makes a big difference in performance on some machines.
Unfortunatly I have an ATI card so I don't know if I can be much more help. I would just say that with that PC you won't be able to turn all the detail UP and use ultra-hi-res cars and tracks.

I walk through walls and inanimate obstacles
By educed a reduction of cells and molecules
Date: October 16, 2005 10:11PM
I don't care, as long as i can play it in a decent way

Date: October 16, 2005 10:40PM
Posted by: Willb
Uninstall the game, Reinstall, Calibrate graphics. See how it plays. Also make sure you have AF filtering turned off in the driver control pannel.

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: October 16, 2005 11:01PM
Done....the game works good, but only without objects on track and mirrors. If i place objects on the track and mirrors, the PO goes up to 150 or something....I think something is missing on the setup, willB do you have msn messenger?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2005 12:05AM by calimbo.
Date: October 17, 2005 12:44AM
Posted by: paulhackettevans
Actually,
I'm just about to buy a new graphics card as the fan jammed on my old one and it burnt itself out. I bought a £20 cheap ATI card just to keep my PC alive until payday. What would you all suggest I get as a GOOD graphics card to play GP4 with the best frame rate and resolution?

I had a Gainward GeForce 4MX 128Meg card, it was good. But I have no allegiance to Nvidia or ATI cards, an ATI on my previous PC was also a nice card. So I'm open to advice / suggestions.

My PC is an AMD Athlon XP2600, 1.92 Gigaherz, 1 Meg RAM on a Gainward motherboard, it has an AGP 8x graphics card slot, Creative Audigy Player soundcard. 17-inch Mitsubishi Diamondscan HX CRT monitor, soon about to be replaced with a 19" TFT.

I'm thinking of a 256Meg card - e.g. the 256MB PEAK ATI Radeon 9800SE DDR 8x AGP-TV-Out-DVI or a 256 Meg GeForce card like the 256MB XpertVision GeForce 6600LE-8x AGP+TV Out+DVI Card. Or are there better alternatives?

Does anyone know if ATI or Nvidia are better for GP4 please??
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy