> ;)
> but i dont get a cc-line...
> Give it tricks to create a cc-line?
>
> i havent all read it here because i cant english
> so good...
>
> mfg TDL

zeppelin 101 created a cc line guide some time ago..
When creating a cc line. [www.realgpx.com]
it's in the track ed file package with other guides.
may be useful...
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: June 11, 2007 09:02PM
Posted by: Ruboy
@Lo2k:

A request for the next GP4Builder version. I assume it's a feature which is quite easy to implement as it already exists partially.

When creating track from .dat we have three checkboxes for track, pitlane and kerbs and we can chose which of these three we want to create.
Could you also add a checkbox beside each track part and its texture (tarmac, lines, verges, banks, rails, kerbs)?

I have added the checkboxes on this image to show what I mean:

This way you also could delete the kerb checkbox at the top in the 'choose objects to create' field. Sometimes I just want to add only two kerbs in the pitlane and the 15-20 other track kerbs are also created so that I have to delete them again. With the new system I can select the pitlane only and then the kerbs.

Maybe it does not seem so but this feature is extremely handy...at least for me. I noticed it when modifying Monaco. For example if you only want to create new trackXX and lineXX objects you have to delete 6x<number of track sections> objects after converting .dat file (2(left and right side)x3(banks, rails, verges))...if a track has 900 sectors, that would be 540 objects you have to delete manually if you only want to keep track and border lines.

Date: June 12, 2007 09:43AM
Posted by: TheDarkListener
thats a good idea..
it's good to fix a 2006er track where you fix a curve or a fence for example kanada...
mfg TDL
Date: June 12, 2007 04:55PM
ah...and maybe you could also add a 'left' and 'right' checkbox at the top.
For rails or verges/banks it is often necessary to modify only one side.

Date: June 12, 2007 08:53PM
Posted by: harjinator
Hi. I am new to track building and have been following the guide "how to build a track in 60 mins". I have created my layout (just a simple one to get used to everything) and have created my pitlane etc, but when i load it into the game, it crashes... the guide says that the track should load at the point i am up to. I have no missing flags or anything like that, so i am confused.

Any help guys???

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: June 12, 2007 09:03PM
Posted by: b-tone
How is your cc line? If its all over the place then delete it all except the first sector.

____
Tony

Date: June 12, 2007 10:01PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@Ruboy: hmm, why not...I will see if I can do it quickly.

Date: June 12, 2007 10:33PM
my c c line is non existent apart from the first sector. i deleted it as per the guide instructions... so it's not that. only thing i can think of is the pitlane, but i've followed the guide... I edited monza, so all i had to do was move the pit entry onto my new track and reinsert the pit lane start flag...

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: June 12, 2007 11:03PM
@Lo2k:

Thanks for efforts :) This idea cam up right now when working on this damn complex Monaco circuit ;) It could save me time :)

But I have to thank you because some of your new features have already been extremely helpfull...for example haveing the option to convert particular portions...and not the whole track....extremely simple but great feature :)

Date: June 12, 2007 11:11PM
Glad this one was usefull at least :)

Date: June 12, 2007 11:31PM
fixed my track and it loads, so i have my first ever working dat file! wooo!! i needed to move my connect pitlane start one sector up the road and it now loads fine

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: June 13, 2007 12:47AM
me again... i've encountered two problems. now making my CC-line... i've got up to a certain point on my track and the line goes off on a random angle, and starts going strange... not sure how to fix it?

and i also got the following error at one point... when editing CC-line... the file it occurs on can't be opened and causes this error to happen again if i try...

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: June 13, 2007 11:17AM
Posted by: dada
a - may be - too stupid question

Is possible to copy some sections from one dat file and paste them into an other dat file ?

exc ... to copy the Becketts sections from the silverstone dat and paste in the Indy dat so to make a fiction track

Date: June 13, 2007 12:23PM
i took a screenie to illustrate my problem. i should add that if i lower the number of sectors, the line goes ok, but editing it doesn't really work v well-doesn't respond properly to the values..

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: June 13, 2007 02:26PM
i have a problem...
i have edit the canada track and then the track have a error...
here can you see waht i mean:

and

here is the dat file...
[uploaded.to]
please help me with that...
and no I'havent changed the cc-line

so i have build me a fictional track and i need a cc-line for that...
here is the dat-file:
[uploaded.to] ;)

thx for help...

mfg TDL
Date: June 13, 2007 04:44PM
Posted by: Paco
harjinator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i took a screenie to illustrate my problem. i
> should add that if i lower the number of sectors,
> the line goes ok, but editing it doesn't really
> work v well-doesn't respond properly to the
> values..
>
> [img.photobucket.com]
> eprob.jpg

It's probably because of the huge gap between sectors there, try adding a new one (check the keep sectors box) or maybe two, and move if needed till you they're between 4 or 5 metres apart from each other.

I'm against sigpics

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2007 04:45PM by Paco.
Date: June 13, 2007 08:01PM
@harjinator: your c4 section 2nd radius is only 6m wide and I'm pretty sure your ccline should not go the reverse there, so just increase this radius to more or less 60000 and it will be better.

@dada: it's on the todo list (that I will publish quite soon in an updated form) but you can't do it right now.

@The DarkListener: if you make any change to a .dat track layout, you will need to make change to the .ccline too. It's mathematical.

Date: June 13, 2007 08:36PM
i have changed the banks and verge and this changed the cc-line?
it's amusingly..

i have another problem with the texture...
i have changed the textures in sectors 160 to 200 but this changed..

mfg TDL
Date: June 13, 2007 09:25PM
@The DarkListener: no, if you only edit bank and verge width, cc-line does not change.

Date: June 13, 2007 09:34PM
i've got everything working now, so i'm quite pleased. struggling with the graphical side of things now.. i'll have a good read of the tutorials before directly asking for help, though if anybody's willing to guide me my msn is adam-hargreaves@*remove this*hotmail.co.uk

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy