To moderator/webmaster

Posted by Lo2k 
To moderator/webmaster
Date: October 11, 2005 04:13PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Hi guys,
well, it seems the Track Editing thread reached its no return point as the last time: errors when trying to reply resulting in double or triple posts...

Could it be possible to fix it please ?
(or do you prefer that we simply start a new thread ?)

Thanks by advance :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2005 04:14PM by Lo2k.
Re: To moderator/webmaster
Date: October 11, 2005 06:27PM
Posted by: b-tone
i think you should make this the new one :)
i think i have the problem for the new thread. actually an old problem but i've just found more symptons. the cc cars only do a large jump even tho all the sectors seem corect. now i've had a closer look and where the cc line goes over that jump sector is goes funny.
i think its only with the new 3de that it displays this although i'll check properly once the kids are in bed ;-)

____
Tony

Date: October 11, 2005 08:03PM
Posted by: Karan19
why not just upgrade to a phpbb style forum and have a subforum for all the track editing stuff? would be so much easier i imagine for all the guys working on track editing to coordinate their work/ideas.
Date: October 11, 2005 08:08PM
Posted by: b-tone
phpbb yuk :y

____
Tony

Date: October 11, 2005 09:30PM
Posted by: patrickc
@b-tone, where does the jumping take place?

Not all ccline segments that are generated are really used during racing. However, they are needed to build the ccline around the track. I am talking about the ccline segments/sectors at the beginning of every track until the point where it overlaps with the last ccline segment.

When you take a look at Monza it is easy to see what i mean. The first ccline 122 segments (only the initial sector on this track) are overwritten by the overlapping part (ccline sector 55, 56 and 57). So this means the beginning of the ccline doesn't have to exactly match with the overlap.

The last segment of the last ccline sector has to match the underlaying ccline. Otherwise the cc-cars will make a little jump to the left/right when they are driving at that position.
Date: October 11, 2005 09:59PM
Posted by: markko
Closed old, opened new :)
Date: October 11, 2005 11:10PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Thanks Markko :)

@B-tone and Patrick: I told about this in the user guide (I saw it again when I updated it for 15.8). But I'm not sure that's really the matter b-tone is encountering...

Anyhow, if some need a dedicated phpbb forum, they can always come on the track editing forum on realgpx...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy