Planning ahead to 2006 (New BMW Sauber F1.06 Preview Pic)

Posted by Buzz Hornet 
.0Some will come and go, and new projects will start but is it worth considering planning ahead to the 2006 season and whom will shape each car and whom will paint them.

The last thing I want to do is ruffle any feathers, but it would be fantastic if each talented shaper would design a car so that we had a full grid of very impressive 2006 cars sooner rather than later. There are are some very nice McKaren's going the rounds, from memory we have BMWfan/Enzojz, Teraur, Button14 and as stated they are all impressive.

Sadly, we only have one Red Bull version to choice from by ROM which is impressuve but it hasn;t really developed over the course of the season, the same with Toyota (before Button14 started) and we have had only one Sauber version which is unreal but is based in the one configuration likewise it has taken all season to get a nice Minardi by Snake into the game.

Competition with GP4 will be fierce next season, with rfactor gaining momentum, GP4 has a small but dedicated community that are very enthusiastic and with the progress on track editing by Lo2K and some talented track designers I hope and prey that GP4 will go from strength to strength.

In my own humble opinion, and I know this is really only a wish list bit wouldn't it be super if we could somehow tentively plan ahead to 2006 and see what shapers and painters would like to do each team. It seems that the awesomely talented Bojan has been keen to do more in 2005, but only has his name on the Sauber but there are still cars coming to complete the 2005 season :)

Real life comes first of course, but we have a great team of very talented people whom can make GP4 and Tony's 2006 Mod something very special. As I said I know I am hoping for a lot, but it would be great to have a quality single McLaren as opposed to cars that are missing lower lod's etc and the quality suffers. As I said earlier, there certainly is no rule on whom can build what because we value everybody's efforts but it would be unreal to have an understanding at least on who is doing what etc. I hope this did not offend any body, that was not my intention. Looking forward to an awesome 2006 season with GP4.

Regards,

Current Status:

Cars:

Carshapers / Painters

Renault
Shape by: Textures by:

McLaren

Ferrari

Toyota

Williams

Red Bull

BMW

Honda

Midland

Red Bull Junior

Mystery 11th Honda team

Expressions of Interest:
Kev188 is interested in painting a car in 2006.
Button14 has stated that he is planning to shape some cars in 2006
MDBSnake has stated that he might to a carshape in 2006
Joe_Satriani a 3D model expert is interested in projects in 2006

Helmets:

pankykapus
MDBSnake
Iceman-Kimi

Track Updates:

Bahrain
Malaysia
Australia
San Marnio
Spain
Monaco
Europe
Canada
US
France
Britain - 2006 Update planned by Willb
Germany
Hungary
Turkey
Italy
Belgium
Brazil
Japan
China

Test Tracks:
Jerez - Prblanco

Pitcrews:

Physics & Performance:

Menu Art: (Drivers Photos, Grid Screen cars, Team Logos etc, Loading Screens)

Loading Screens - NuMbBrAiN has expressed interest

2006 Mod with CSM:
By B-Tone

Edited 19 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2006 02:58PM by Buzz Hornet.
Re: Planning ahead to 2006 shapers and painters
Date: October 11, 2005 02:03PM
Posted by: pankykapus
I will be ready to make helmets for 2006. And thanks for the thread:)
Date: October 11, 2005 02:12PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Well since track editing can be done relatively easily now-a-days (layouts that is) then perhaps if any changes are made, these can be integrated in?
Date: October 11, 2005 02:17PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
Good point Zeppelin it doen't just need to be carshapers and painters but the whole package i.e Helmets, Tracks, Pitcrews, Physics & Performance etc. We could do a post (sticky) to perhaps show who is doing what etc to possibly avoid double ups in the future.
Date: October 11, 2005 02:28PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
its a good point, but i think that painters should be allowed to paint whatever they want to

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 11, 2005 02:31PM
See first post

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2005 12:13AM by Buzz Hornet.
Date: October 11, 2005 02:35PM
@ SchueyFan

No doubt, I couldn't agree more but at least some people might want to do another car if they know a vesion iis in progress, and look you are still bound to get double-ups, like Intweb I can't see him doing anything but an FW28 but somebody elese might want to a Williams for 06. This is not meant to hinder, but to encourage work in GP4 and if there are 6 McLaren's and 10 different helmet sets more the power to GP4 but at least we will have an updated progress sheet to see what is going on.
Date: October 11, 2005 02:39PM
Posted by: b-tone
it is a good idea to be all working together, but maybe a bit early :p

i think we were spoiled this year by having so many cars so early. it hasn't happend before really, and if yohan doesn't come back then it probably wont happen again.

but its a good 3 months before its any use to start making cars.
i'll be doing a 2006 mod probably and using the data from this year it should go a lot smoother, and be easier to install, configure and run.

i've been quite amazed at the support from everyone for the mod and its been great that so many have contributed. i hope its the same next year.

Well since track editing can be done relatively easily now-a-days (layouts that is) then perhaps if any changes are made, these can be integrated in?

i hope something comes soon to make trackstuff easier. but i'm pretty sure 2006 tracks will be part of the 2006 mod :)

____
Tony

Date: October 11, 2005 02:40PM
Posted by: Button14
expect cars next year thats all im sayin;)

Date: October 11, 2005 02:48PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
a good idea to work together but people are making what they want, i mean you can expect a 2006 helmet pack from me and also from pankykapus
maybe i'll make a carshape

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2005 03:01PM by MDBSnake.
Date: October 11, 2005 02:56PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Well I imagine Istanbul will at least be up and running in some form by then whether it be a part two beta or a full track, and perhaps if some of the '04-'05 tracks are completed (Shanghai is now in hi-res for example, or Hockenheim, which I don't know too much about) then they will be ready by the time the season is under way, and if they are lengthening the season, then it will make the job even easier :)
Date: October 11, 2005 03:08PM
Ya, I know it is early but I guess 2005 comes to a close this weekend and 2006 will be here before we know it. Looking forward to the car launches already but not the V8's so much. Thanks for your words guys, this will fizzle to start with but hopefully we can reunite it closer to the right time.
Date: October 11, 2005 03:40PM
Posted by: Kev188
I´m only a painter,but I could try to give something back to the great community,so if anybody needs a painter for a Gp4 car,I´m your man.
I think I´m now experienced enough to do such a job,so please tell me,when you have a white carshape.... :-D
The idea is great Buzz Hornet...
Date: October 11, 2005 03:49PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
I already have made some 2006 helmets ...

Date: October 11, 2005 04:01PM
Posted by: IWE
Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I already have made some 2006 helmets ...
>

...Only fantasy ones! ;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: October 11, 2005 04:04PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
IWE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I already have made some 2006 helmets ...
> >
>
>
>
> ...Only fantasy ones!
>
>
> IWE BARpainter!

Mwah , I have made Barri B.A.R. , and i can make some more ;)

Date: October 11, 2005 07:00PM
Posted by: Willb
Nice idea, oh and Buzz add Track: Silverstone by: Willb in there would you ;-)

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: October 11, 2005 07:48PM
Posted by: Button14
Cars:

Carshapers / Painters

Renault
Shape by: Textures by: Sheepy

McLaren

Ferrari

Toyota

Williams

Red Bull

BMW

Honda

Midland

Red Bull Junior

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Date: October 11, 2005 07:50PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
Your just jealeous :p

H E L L O
Date: October 11, 2005 08:13PM
Posted by: intweb
Thanks for the mention Buzz ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy