WGP: First Test Session - Results

Posted by Flash Formula 
Re: WGP: First Test Session - Results
Date: October 02, 2005 12:13PM
Posted by: SpaceAce
wat the hell happened to SCR racing
and thats my "test helmet" or stuff up helmet :P
my real one is waiting for release (nudge nudge)

SCR - Matt Houston's Comment

Dont ask me what happened out there.
2.6 seconds off the pace *shakes head*
The car was handeling like a dog and there was little we could do in the session to improve the car. Seeing though the second car was ahead of me there is something wrong with my car. I will have to talk to my engineers and get this thing working properly for the next test session.
Maybe if we found our test driver he could work on the car and improve the thing and try some different setups.
All i can say is that i am not happy with the result and will now head back and abuse my engineer.

Thankyou

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: October 02, 2005 12:13PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Well at least the series really IS World Grand Prix, although the nine Brits do say a lot for our love of F1, and why some of us aren't too hot even on home turf lol

And that god damn aero package didn't help either... probably a jinx with the horns lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2005 12:15PM by zeppelin101.
Date: October 02, 2005 12:21PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Iceman-Kimi comment : ''This was a dissapointing day , the first laps of the test where already dramatic , 2 cars from me off , we failed to make the car of Oggo 100 % good for the rest of the session , thats why he was so slow , gary had problems with the tyres , more then that place he couldn't do . Il Dottore was testing the tyres , he didn't care about a fast lap , and Eighth had problems in the first laps and he needed to go into the t-car . He was fast if you know that the t-car didn't have the settings that fits Eighth . ''

Date: October 02, 2005 12:23PM
Posted by: Willb
"Well at least the series really IS World Grand Prix, although the nine Brits do say a lot for our love of F1, and why some of us aren't too hot even on home turf lol "

Thats my Turf too :D :) lol (Punn about the circuit update :P)

Oh yeh, didn't I tell you? when i updated the track I added a tracp so that the bridge just before club (Foster) can fall on top of you. ;)

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: October 02, 2005 12:28PM
lol @ Willb
Date: October 02, 2005 12:35PM
Posted by: jonny
zeppelin101 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well at least the series really IS World Grand
> Prix, although the nine Brits do say a lot for our
> love of F1, and why some of us aren't too hot even
> on home turf lol

Our One-Two might be British but our test driver is Brazillian!

www.footballsfinestgfx.co.uk
Date: October 02, 2005 12:49PM
Posted by: Sniper
Stijn comments: IIkka and I were asked to do especially long runs to develop the Dunlop tyres. The car balance was very good tough I suffered a little bit from understeering in the fast curves. In the end we went out with less fuel to set a better time and it worked, we're looking forward to the coming season and this test is just what we expected!

Check out our website: www.heikkikovalainen.net
Date: October 02, 2005 12:53PM
Posted by: mortal
How much did this test session cost SCR Racing? Can someone send me the info on driver pay please.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: October 02, 2005 01:01PM
RUMOUR/FACT
--------------------

After the disappointing performance in the test yesterday, Black Hawk Racing may be looking at a complete overhaul of the car to improve the performance. It is believed however, that the horns that the drivers are blaming for the poor times may still be used on the new car

Date: October 02, 2005 01:14PM
Posted by: Kev188
Great,our cars are in the development plan !
But for the next test,we´ll have a new car or an aero update.
Let´s see...
But we´ll become stronger and the other teams will only see the rearlights of the JJR Cars ! :-D
Date: October 02, 2005 01:26PM
Posted by: fisico04
PRESS RELEASE

IMMEDIATE RELEASE 2nd October 2005

TEAM PLEASED AFTER FIRST TEST

Well the World Grand Prix is underway then, and all in RTB Samsung Mugen Honda are very pleased with the result from the test session. As the final car crossed the finish line, our cars had finished the test in a very creditable 3rd and 6th place, which is a good start to the new season.

The teams new test driver, Craig Longhurst was the first RTB car onto the track, and he showed amazing car control and raw speed, and showed the team why he is a great driver. After a shaky start to the lap with a big slide through Maggots, he composed himself and got on with the job in hand, and produced the quickest time through the second of the three sectors. However, the damage was done, and despite the quick second sector, he couldn

---------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------

Its Time For Some Old-Skool GP4 Fun Again

---------------------------------------------------------
Date: October 02, 2005 01:27PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
it was too bad for me that i couldn't be part of this session, i am sure i could had a place in the top 8 drivers, i was in holland for the latest sponsor things and when i wanted to go to the airport someone told me i needed to go to the airport in frankfurt (germany), at the end i needed to be on schiphol (holland) so i missed my plane and i needed to wait for the second till the arrived but it took a long time so i was going karting in holland, when the plane finally arrived the test session was almost over so 1 hour after the training i came in silverstone and heard what happend to my teammate and decided to look for him, at then end he still drove the session with a nice 8th place. next session i will be there ;)

LOL ;)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: October 02, 2005 01:27PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
OOPS DOUBLE POST ;) well i would i had double planes ;) lol

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2005 01:28PM by MDBSnake.
Date: October 02, 2005 04:40PM
Posted by: -Mikey-
I was so happy to see me fastest for the majority of the testing, but well done to Ilkka for smashing my time by more than half a second. Well done flash, very good presentation and damage model! Im loving it. 2 things: Is that our test car or our final car, just not finished? And whats up with my helmet? Im not pestering, im just wondering ;) Good test everyone...except maybe gui

Date: October 02, 2005 07:30PM
Posted by: Lucasinio
-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2005 07:31PM by Lucasinio.
Date: October 02, 2005 07:30PM
Posted by: Lucasinio
A big thumbs-up goes to Flash for pushing the WGP forward, and great presentation. That must have taken some time!

Date: October 02, 2005 07:41PM
Posted by: IL Dottore
12th hmm interesting

Magic Senna
Date: October 02, 2005 08:52PM
Posted by: Guimengo

"I'm quite disappointed with my time but it was the best that could be done with the car. After the morning's accident I was pretty shaken up but really wanted to go back out. Shame we only had one car for me and it was destroyed, but the engineers did a great job at replacing the broken chassis and some of the damaged parts as we had brought a few parts for testing. Just wish we could have had a 100% problem-free car which wasn't the case today, parts of my suspension and gearbox were still quite damaged so I guess I should settle for such laptime. And I'm almost 100% physically, I think."

on a sidenote: Damn you Flash's PC for randomly make me slow ;)
Date: October 02, 2005 08:58PM
Posted by: Briere
ok, in order to forget that disapointing performance I'll go play with my rod :)
Date: October 02, 2005 11:36PM
Posted by: Flash Formula
Great to see everyone's really getting into this series:)
Thats what will make this championship fun.

To all test drivers out there who thought they were in the test session:
sorry to hear, i most be told by the team's manager who drives in the session.
but all test drivers and team managers keep your eyes open, because something
big is hitting the gp4 world again...

@gui:
luck of the draw mate:)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2005 11:57PM by Flash Formula.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy