Help Please With Crash

Posted by airefresco 
Help Please With Crash
Date: September 28, 2005 10:41AM
Posted by: airefresco
GP4 crashes, at what seems to be, completly random points whilst racing. I have reinstalled everything (and manually deleted all the files in the GP4 folder left after uninstalling.) reinsatlled everything and I still keep getting the same problem.

Heres the log from GPXpatch [www.airefresco-aircon.com]

If anyone could work out what it is that crashes i would be very grateful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2005 10:42AM by airefresco.
Re: Help Please With Crash
Date: September 28, 2005 12:35PM
Posted by: Auradrummer
Check the temperature of your video card and/or processor.
BEWARE!!!! Generally it indicates that you can burn you computer soon
Date: September 28, 2005 12:55PM
Posted by: Lo2k
check the sticky thread for my Ultimate GP4 guide, I give several troubleshooting tips for this.

Date: September 28, 2005 02:41PM
Auradrummer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Check the temperature of your video card and/or
> processor.
> BEWARE!!!! Generally it indicates that you can
> burn you computer soon

Serious?? Now you've said that, a couple of times when it has crashed it shut down the computer. Normally it just crashes to the desktop. I think I may upgrade both soon anyway. I have to run lowest everything to get the game to work and even then it's a bit slow on grid.

Thank-you.
Date: September 28, 2005 02:50PM
@lo2K

Your guide was the first thing I consulted when I first got the problem and nothing seemed to work. Thanks anyway
Date: September 28, 2005 07:45PM
Did you tried with a simple fresh installation (GP4 1.00 alone) ?
If it still crash at any time, it comes from your hardware for sure.
maybe a too high CPU or GPU overclock as said Auradrummer or simply a defficient CPU fan (if so, you should have also crashs with other 3d intensive games like D3, HL², Far Cry and so on...)

Date: September 29, 2005 12:56PM
Thank-you all. I think it's sorted now. when i checked the CPU fan there was a lot of dust in there. I cleaned it, ran the game and complted a race without it crashing to desktop (normally can't do more than 6 or 7 laps). I have just bought a new graphics card today so hopefully that will help a bit also.
Thank You
Date: September 29, 2005 01:17PM
Posted by: Auradrummer
Good to see that the problem is solved, because overheating can give you more serious problems than game crashing.
Date: September 29, 2005 09:18PM
Yep, temperature can blow up the CPU quite quickly if fan became weak. Hopefully most of the time computer reboots automatically and this cools down the temperature a little and saves the CPU.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy