1994 Mod Status?

Posted by Jagdpanzer 
1994 Mod Status?
Date: September 25, 2005 03:47AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Just wondering if this mod is still being worked on by those involved, and whether or not we will see a final version of it in the near future? I searched the forum for info, but it was kind of sketchy, so thought I would simply ask...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Re: 1994 Mod Status?
Date: September 26, 2005 07:15AM
Posted by: mckey415
current status of the mod is slow moving forward. as slow as my answer :-)
we discussed some plans with the team, but don't expect any releases in the near future...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F1 A.D.: 1993-1996 - Future in the past
[f1ad.narod.ru]

1994 Mod Official Website
[grandprixx.com]
Date: September 26, 2005 11:17PM
A pity... I was hoping for a final release this year.....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: September 26, 2005 11:17PM
A pity... I was hoping for a final release this year.....

Date: September 27, 2005 08:17PM
Posted by: loren
Well, that won't happen for sure. We don't have a big team and there's a lot to do (not just cars). If anybody wants to help....

But I can assure you that work continues. Here is a wip shot of Williams V2:

It isn't hugely different, but in fact I had to remap and repaint the entire car since I accidentally deleted the texture sources :( So I've taken the opportunity to make improvements to the shape as well. It's still reasonably low-poly (~4100) but I've smoothed out a few areas, notably on the nose and airbox. More importantly it will form the base for a lot of track-specific versions of this car (including the B variant).
Date: September 27, 2005 08:34PM
Posted by: fongu
very nice as always :)

Date: September 27, 2005 09:10PM
Posted by: mikef1
That's a shame, despite its the fact that its a beta its still one of my favourite GP4 mods. Keep up the good work lads, i'll be patiently waiting!
Date: September 27, 2005 09:15PM
Very nice work on the Williams. If this is the level of quality we can expect the final product should be fantastic!

Date: September 27, 2005 10:37PM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
That Williams is frickin awesome.

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: September 27, 2005 10:44PM
Posted by: Briere
Date: September 28, 2005 12:01AM
Posted by: jpm2
i agree too ;-)

Date: September 28, 2005 06:39AM
great news loren!

actually we plan to make it in the way tony made with 2005 mod. e.g. we will release first set for 3 or 4 first races of the season and then will be releasing updates as tony did.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[f1ad.narod.ru]

[grandprixx.com]
Date: November 13, 2005 05:13PM
Posted by: mats
Is there any news regarding this wonderful mod (my favorite one even if it's still a beta version)?
Indeed, I'm a little afraid since there is almost no more activity on the forum [http://realgpx.free.fr/1994/Forum/viewforum.php?f=4].
I'm looking forward any (good?) news ...
Date: November 14, 2005 07:57AM
yes, there's no news for now. we all are busy with another projects. but finish this mod is one of my greatest desires. i think i'll be back to it after i finish with dtm mod carshaping.

[f1ad.narod.ru]

[grandprixx.com]
Date: November 14, 2005 12:44PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
This is the mod I am most looking forward to :)

Will there be edits of tracks such as monza and such for it? And a version of Jerez that someone is making - will it be allowed to have a 1994 layout version?

Also, will there be like the temporary chicanes on montreal and other tracks? I would say possibly have the option for these temporary chicanes but not force people to have them? Hopefully not too hard to do? Oh yer there is the Brazil old pit exit too :)

The thing I would like most is Aida, I think someone was making this track if I remember? What happened about it? :)

Any news on Duffer's Imola (I think he was making it?)

I appreciate all your efforts. I don't know about anyone else but track specific cars you shouldn't really ahve to worry about doing (unless of course you want to). Imho, to get the most point and feeling from the mod you need the tracks, if that makes sense? You'd also need a bigger grid of cars, but unfortunately I don't think that's possible.

Cheers, Daniel :)

H E L L O
Date: November 14, 2005 03:12PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Imola by Duffer died some time ago I believe, jimbob1 started it but recently some new info about the Imola graphics file has surfaced that will make editing it a pain in the ass.

Aida - No one started it to my knowledge. It was on my list after I've done a few other works but we'll see about that one.

Temporary chicanes won't really work without building them straight into the .dat, so it's unlikely you'll be having those.

Prblanco planned on doing a 94 Jerez, but he hasn't said anything of late
Date: November 14, 2005 03:27PM
Posted by: Prblanco
zeppelin101 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Prblanco planned on doing a 94 Jerez, but he
> hasn't said anything of late

I still intend to do it :) the layout is the same, I'm waiting for the full race video jimbob is going to send me. The 1994 version may be released a few weeks after the 2005 version. But I still have no predictions for release date of the 05 version... :(

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: November 14, 2005 03:29PM
If you run into trouble I'll help as best I can but I'm drowning in my own projects currently lol
Date: November 14, 2005 03:30PM
Posted by: Prblanco
No problem, I have already hired you as one of the beta testers ;)

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: November 14, 2005 06:26PM
lol I thought I might have snuck onto that list ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy