Jerez track

Posted by Prblanco 
Re: Jerez track -- new layout complete!
Date: October 11, 2005 04:21PM
Posted by: Prblanco
Português: Sim, sou brasileiro... olha a bandeirinha do Brasil no carro aqui embaixo... :) A galera não gosta muito quando a gente não posta em inglês :)

English: Yes, I'm brazilian... look at the small brazilian flag in my sig's car :) People here don't like much when we don't post in English :)

Sorry guys, flooded with studies, track fix only tomorrow when I'll have no classes

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: October 11, 2005 06:23PM
Posted by: cleberpister
Português: Eu percebi que o pessoal não gosta que poste em outro idioma, que não seja o inglês, mas eles estão corretos, pois o forum é deles. Bom, você é quem está desenvolvendo a pista de Jerez? Se sim, qual a porcentagem que está o desenvolvimento do circuito? Quando está previsto (em que mês) o lançamento da pista para download? E qualquer ajuda que você precisar e eu puder ajudar, é só pedir. Grato.

In English: I perceived that the staff does not like that pole in another language, that is not the English, but they are correct, therefore the forum is of them. Good, you he is who is developing the track of Jerez? If yes, which the percentage that is the development of the circuit? When is foreseen (where month) the launching of the track for download? E any aid that you to need and I will be able to help, is alone to ask for. Grateful.
Date: October 11, 2005 06:35PM
Posted by: celinho
Versão em Português:
Vi o vídeo é achei muito interessante esta pista. Bem Legal!!!!
Espero que não tenha tanto bump (ondulações) quanto a da Turquia.
Todos temos orgulho de nosso país e do nosso idioma português.
Por isto "sempre" vou postar tanto em português quanto em inglês.
Podem reclamar a vontade.... Estamos num fórum mundial!!!!

Version in English:
I Saw the video is I found very interesting this trail. Well Lawful!!!!
I expect that have not so much bump (undulations) as regards of the Turkey. Everybody we have pride of our country and of the our Portuguese language.
By this "always" I am going to place so much in Portuguese how much in English. They can claim at ease. ... We are in a world forum! !!!
Date: October 11, 2005 07:23PM
Posted by: Briere
lol, that's rare but I understood what you said Célio :P
Date: October 11, 2005 07:27PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
I think I might cry......

The Istanbul bumps were requested, I added them as I was asked to, I have said it in a number of threads, I will reverse the problem in time, until then however, it remains bumpy.

Sorry to sound a tad pissed off, however I am working on it
Date: October 11, 2005 09:57PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Hahahaha, I just love google translations ;)
Date: October 12, 2005 02:14AM
Yeah, Gui, Google translations rule ;). Well, I prefer not to preview a release date, I would risk saying it won't be ready before December. The physical part is 95% complete, only a few details must be done. The track has few bumps, because I read some descriptions referring to Jerez as a smooth-surface track. Also, the track has changed a little from what is seen in the video... I'm fixing the track's wad to test it ingame and post another video.

Agora pra meus compatriotas... não quero arriscar data de lançamento ainda, mas antes de dezembro é difícil sair. O traçado da pista tá 95% pronto, faltam alguns detalhes, e a pista tem poucas ondulações porque as descrições que eu li de Jerez dizem que a pista é suave, pouco ondulada. E a pista tá um pouco diferente do vídeo, vou ter que reconstruir o arquivo .wad da pista e postar outro vídeo. Eu sei que não é a tradução fiel do que tá ali em cima, mas quem liga?

Date: October 12, 2005 03:42AM
Posted by: mimo
parabens Prblanco, excelente trabalho.

congratulations Prlblanco, excelent job.
Date: October 12, 2005 10:42PM
Reinstalled my GP4 and the .dat loaded... strange because I don't know what could be wrong with my previous installation... but moving on: now the track is loading, I'm building the cc-line, which will be a very easy job in the new 3DEditor :). After that, I'll go to .wad building, then test, then video.

Date: October 13, 2005 04:09AM
Posted by: Briere
cooleh ! :D
Date: October 13, 2005 05:43AM
Posted by: gildoorf
Hi Prblanco, very nice work!

Sim, cara, sou brasileiro como você e fico muito orgulhoso de estarmos ajudando a melhorar ainda mais o GP4 - muito modesto :). Você viu minha wip track? Dá uma passada no forum depois, ok?

Teu trabalho tá muito bom, Parabéns!

In english:

Yeah, mate, I'm brazilian as you and very proud take part as you on GP4 improvement - too pretensious I guess :). Have u seen my wip track? Take a view at the forum, ok?

Very good job, congratulations!
Date: October 13, 2005 02:06PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
Toshed savau como de estomeles mina passada!!! jeje!!!! fantoasio guigameno vui de jeloiusa depois!!! Yualso gui guaile esperanto pauola spanino e' pouto bualos de campo.

In English:
Brilliant becomes google translation. Gui would myself respond well to see not alive anymore.

H E L L O
Re: Jerez track -- bugs found and fixed
Date: October 13, 2005 08:01PM
Ok, this will be the first of the three posts I'll do today. The first one is about some bugs I found and solved, I hope this will be of use to anyone who is making a track editing tutorial.

The first bug, which was annoying me, was GP4 crashing after the loading screen, no matter which track's wad I used... and this is the only bug I haven't found a real solution, I just reinstalled my GP4 and it worked fine.

The second one was an "inclinated" grid (see picture below). At the starting grid, the cars were all pointing to a direction that seemed not occasional. And during all the race they insisted to turn to that direction, and consequently none of the cars, including mine, were able to follow a straight line.

The cars were not pointing a random direction, in fact, they were all pointing northwards. Reading 3DEditor's tutorial, I found the "Angle Z" value at track's initial sector and changed it to the same value as the "Direction" field in command "Sector's Orientation" at sector 0. It worked? No. The game crashed when I clicked "Drive". Back to 3DEditor, I saw cc-line is also affected by the Angle Z value. Then after fixing cc-line, it worked very well.

The final bug, and the most infuriating, happened at two determinate track positions. One, just when the pitlane rejoins the track. Two, just after Dry Sack (turn 6). The game simply crashed at one of these two points, always in the first lap, no matter which car I was viewing or driving. After many frustrated attempts to find out where the problem was, I did it by deleting the pitlane sectors after "Pit Lane End" flag and using that reduced pitlane to generate the pitlane.bin. Now the track runs very well, I did almost 50 laps at it and I have no more crashes. But still haven't found out why it also crashed after Dry Sack if it's so far away from the pits.

Date: October 13, 2005 08:04PM
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hahahaha, I just love google translations
>
> In memory of...
>
>
> Savio | Snoopy | GP4Sound.com | Learn Z-Modeler |
> How to make your own car | My Site 1 | My site 2 |
> GP Games Pub | My WE 8 goals

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!
ENGRA
Re: Jerez track -- in-game screenshots
Date: October 13, 2005 08:35PM
Second post... screenie time!

Now it looks good... jip mapping a bit displaced though

Turn 4... now taken at full throttle!

Going up at Sito Pons...

Going down after Sito Pons...

At the same place, a fight like that decided a championship... but with very different cars :)

Ayrton Senna chicane

Jerez makes Villeneuve remember the times when he used to win ;)

Finishing the lap as a strange UFO lands on track ;)

Pitcrew not wrong-sided anymore but too far away... don't panic, I already know how to fix this :)

You should already know what the third post will be... it's being uploaded right now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2005 08:42PM by Prblanco.
Re: Jerez track -- in-game screenshots
Date: October 13, 2005 08:51PM
Posted by: cleberpister
Very Good!
Re: Jerez track -- new video available!
Date: October 13, 2005 09:11PM
Third post... and the best of the three :)

Video of the new track layout, already including the restaurant at the beginning and Tio Pepe tower. Link for download:

[rapidshare.de]

The video shows again a CC driving. Sorry for using standard cars, I reinstalled my GP4 yesterday. The textures used are provisional. Many things still have to be done, I know, but the basic part is complete (at last). I still intend to do some corrections, so probably 90% of the layout shown in video will stay unchanged when we finally reach the (distant) release date.

For now I will say thanks to some people...
Laguna for his great work, I know he is a busy man but still finds time to help me :)
Lo2k (again) for the Editor, without it trackmaking would be simply impossible
Jimbob for the '97 race highlights video, it really helped a lot
Zeppelin for always having solutions to the countless troubles I found while making this track
Briere for watching the progress and pointing me in the right direction when I was wrong
All the ones who have said "good job", it really gives us a push to continue
All the ones who sent me suggestions or any kind of material to work with

Oh f**k, this is starting to become emotional ;) Please don't ask for release yet, there's still much to be done!

Date: October 13, 2005 09:24PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Ha it's my job to find solutions, I've only been browsing around for about 6 months but hey, if you look hard enough, people accidentally stumble across things and they never think it might be of importance...

Ah, sod it, just make the track damn it! ;)
Date: October 13, 2005 09:30PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
wow looks great.. you have a talent for this....great work..........
Date: October 13, 2005 10:01PM
Version in English:
Prblanco very good the video of the track of Jerez.
She is a speed decrease track, but in the video the cars were well quick.
You be playing in which way??? ACE, Professional or Rookie???
Excellent work. Without jumps, the prominence of the trail well is defined, with ascents and descents. .... Congratulations!!!!
I remember of this track. .... It was there that had one of the arrivals more disputed of the F1 between Mansell and Senna in 1986.
It is clear!!!! Gave the best one of all of the times!!!!

Versão em Inglês:
Prblanco muito bom o vídeo da pista de Jerez.
Ela é uma pista de baixa velocidade, mas no vídeo os carros estavam bem rápidos.
Você estava jogando em qual modo??? ACE, Profissional ou Rookie???
Excelente trabalho. Sem saltos, o relevo da pista é bem definido, com subidas e descidas..... Parabéns!!!!
Me lembro desta pista..... Foi lá que teve uma das chegadas mais disputadas da F1 entre Mansell e Senna em 1986.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2005 10:02PM by celinho.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy