Jerez track

Posted by Prblanco 
Jerez track
Date: September 06, 2005 04:01PM
Posted by: Prblanco
I started Jerez for fun and it seems it will be soon a driveable track :) The track layout is ready and I'll do some corrections in the .dat file before giving it to Laguna, who offered to make the graphics from September 15th onwards (Thanks in advance).

From my page [geocities.yahoo.com.br] you can see track status. And I've recorded a whole lap in a poor-quality 4 MB movie which you can download here: [rapidshare.de]

I'll be traveling this week, so you'll probably have to wait until Monday for an answer :). Anyway, I'd like you guys to watch the video and tell what you think about it!

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2005 12:38AM by Prblanco.
Re: Jerez track
Date: September 06, 2005 04:47PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Oh boy I've been waiting for this for a while Prblanco :D:D:D I love Jerez let's hope Laguna gets stuck in good and proper with the graphics :)
Date: September 06, 2005 04:51PM
Posted by: Ali
:-o
Great news again...!!!!
Date: September 13, 2005 02:10AM
Well, at least there are people interested in this track :). Sorry for the delay. I messed up the track's .wad and I can't test it anymore, gotta rebuild the file, but I have no time to do it today... neither tomorrow :(. Anyway, for the ones that have seen the video, what did you think about the elevations and the cc-line? (Yes, that's a cc driving on the video)

I was going to post some screenshots as soon as I rebuilt the .wad, but I think they're a bit useless right now as graphics are still to be born...

Soon I'll have a signature :).

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: September 13, 2005 04:10AM
Posted by: Briere
turn 4 seems too tight (should be flat out normally). Same with turn 8 (needs a downshift tho :P)

also, I dont think the track goes so much uphill right before Dry Sack :|

Date: September 13, 2005 05:50AM
Oh damn. There seem to be some more miscalculations that eventually made the 20-meter difference between my track and the real one... I've compared the layout with a Google Earth picture and turn 14 also seems to be wrong... that's what you get from making tracks from maps found in the web :(. I'll try to fix these turns.

However, these errors are not that big, and I'm pretty convinced turn 4 won't be taken flat out, except by using a higher-downforce setup.

I will check the uphill at Dry Sack again, maybe the problem isn't at the uphill itself, but at the preceding downhill, which may be going down too much. All the following elevations seem ok.

And I was beginning to think the .dat was finished!

Date: September 13, 2005 05:58AM
cool, looking forward to those improvements :)
Date: September 14, 2005 03:29PM
Posted by: Laguna
I'm back.This morning I did my last examn of mechanical of fluids. This afternoon I'll go out to my grandfather's house, and the Sunday I'll be back.
There I'll study how to model better and quicker, because I'll take with me some tutorials, and I'll came back with the things very clear for help you and Zeppelin makking the graphics.
Today I'm going to search photos of Jerez circuit and Valencia.
So in conclusion I'll be out for a few days, but I'm going to be thinking about trackediting ;).
Please send me to this post or to my mail, all photos that you can find of Jerez.
Thanks.

Grettings from Asturias, the place where Fernando Alonso was born!!!

P.D: I have sent the same message to zeppelin because I'm to tired after five hours of examn. hehehehe

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2005 03:41PM by Laguna.
Date: September 14, 2005 05:29PM
Posted by: Jax
Laguna, I have photos and informations about Jerez 1994 to send you but your mail is hidden )-: and I don't have the possibility to insert screenshots on the forum. Send me your mail through my MP.
Date: September 15, 2005 05:12AM
And don't let us forget this "new" building above S/F line:

I finally got a onboard lap from a F1 car... now it'll be a lot easier to fix the elevations... should finish them by next week.

Date: September 18, 2005 03:15PM
Posted by: Jax
Are there some news about Jerez track ? ;-)
Date: September 18, 2005 08:00PM
Not much news from my side...

I'm fixing radius of turns 4, 8 and 14 and elevations of turns 4, 5 and 6... and watching the onboard lap to ensure everything goes right this time.

EDIT: These fixes are giving me a headache... I'm beginning to think that starting from scratch again could be easier...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2005 12:55AM by Prblanco.
Date: September 20, 2005 02:21AM
Hello!!.
I have started to work in the UFO,It's the restaurant wich is placed in the start line, but it look's like an UFO hehehe
I'm relative new in modeling, so I go slowly.
These is the first screenshots of my work. And please see my last post. There you can see the improvements

------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAGIC ALONSOOOOOO

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2005 11:56PM by Laguna.
Date: September 20, 2005 06:36AM
Posted by: sunil
interesting work

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: September 20, 2005 07:15AM
Posted by: banbido756
Very nice. Keep up the good work guys.

bye
Date: September 20, 2005 11:36PM
Great News, I think that the Ufo's main part of the shape is finshed. Now I have to do the footbridge.
It's lowpoly because I think that it will be better for the game, and I think that with the idoneus textures it will have a great look.
Here are the previews. What do you think about it??.

Thanks banbido756 & sunil. We are working in it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAGIC ALONSOOOOOO

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2005 12:28AM by Laguna.
Date: September 20, 2005 11:59PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
Nice work, your right it does look like a UFO
Date: September 22, 2005 02:34AM
Track layout fixed! How did I do it? Yep, started from scratch again, but this time using Google Earth photos. The photos made me notice some things that I couldn't see with track maps. For example, some turns have a variable radius. In my opinion this new layout is much better than the previous, especially by one thing:

Previous layout length: 4.449 km
New layout length: 4.429 km
Real track length: 4.428 km

That's accurate enough to me. Turns 4, 5 and 8 have been corrected, now I only need to redo the banks and verges. Elevations are about 85% fixed. And this time I used Montreal as a base track, so hopefully the pitcrew will be in the correct side. As soon as I finish the banks, I'm going to post another video and you can compare the two.

But for now, I'll go back to my studies!

Date: September 22, 2005 08:13AM
nice, got screenies ?
Date: September 22, 2005 10:07AM
Posted by: Sniper
that video lap looks really smooth!!!!! Great work man!

Check out our website: www.heikkikovalainen.net
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy