McLaren changing sponsors

Posted by SchimmyMike 
McLaren changing sponsors
Date: July 27, 2005 01:43PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
As i wrote at the beginning of the season, the contract between West and Mclaren will be over after Hungaroring. After 8 years partnership, mclaren gets a new mainsponsor.

Haug said at the beginning of the season, that the "look a like" of the car will be a surprise.

In december 04/ january 05 was written that "johnny walker" will be the new mainsponsor.

But how the mclaren will look? As you all know the team color is orange. Now look to the clothes of mechanicans - they are orange (top) and grey-black (bottom). But if there`s no "silberpfeil" (in engl. silver arrow???) they wont use the colours black, white and grey (silver).

What can we expect at spa? The orange mclaren?

Your oppinions?

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Re: McLaren changing sponsors
Date: July 27, 2005 01:49PM
Posted by: dolinseks
West is leaving after the friday pracices at Hungaroring, so from Saturday on McLaren will be without West.

Date: July 27, 2005 01:53PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
I want McLaren to keep their normal livery!

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: July 27, 2005 01:56PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Good bye good old Mclaren

Date: July 27, 2005 02:02PM
Posted by: shep34
Probably the best looking paint scheme on any F1 car in the past 20 years I would say! Long live the West Mclaren! Thanks for the great memories! lol
Date: July 27, 2005 02:02PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
SchimmyMike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> What can we expect at spa?

aren't you watching Turkey or Monza?

Date: July 27, 2005 02:05PM
??? Looking to future? What do you mean? *confused*

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Date: July 27, 2005 03:32PM
Posted by: F1Crazy
I think you'll find for this weekend (Hungary), most teams will be using their normal tobacco liveries on friday and saturday, and on the sunday their usual NT colours, as the legislation comes into force on the 31st (Sunday race day).

I reckon you'll only see changes of livery when F1 returns after their summer break in 4weeks time.

*Edit:*

[www.mclaren.co.uk]

There is a picture of how the Mclaren team will look for the rest of the season at the bottom of the page! I dont know if this is final, but this url is linked from the mclaren website.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2005 03:42PM by F1Crazy.
Date: July 27, 2005 03:46PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
shouldnt this be in the f1 forum
Date: July 27, 2005 03:53PM
Posted by: Nickv
Mini Maestro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> shouldnt this be in the f1 forum
>
>
>
> Be who you are and say what you feel because those
> that matter dont mind and those that mind dont
> matter.
>
>
> fear the man, kill the snitch, just remember lifes
> a bitch

Yeah, and there already is a topic about this in the f1 forum
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: July 27, 2005 05:08PM
I opened this in this forum because its important for gp4...

I dont think that this is the final version of the car (link above). There are names of drivers on the sidepods... And - if i remember correct - thats only if tobacco and alkoholic marketing is not allowed on some tracks...

Date: July 27, 2005 09:19PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Well, I saw a Johhny Walker distributers truck in my home town this week, and the Johnny Walker logo was gold on a black background. Seems like they will be able to place the new logo onto the sidepods without too drastic a change to the paint scheme....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: July 28, 2005 12:55AM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet

Quote from McLaren's website:

"This image shows how the livery of the Team McLaren Mercedes MP4-20 will appear from the 2005 Turkish Grand Prix"
Date: July 28, 2005 12:58AM
Yeah i read that. But look to the picture. There`s "juans" name on sidepod and that will only used at non-tobacco/ non-alcoholic tracks...

Date: July 28, 2005 01:26AM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
I hope your right, I think it will be a completely new look. Perhaps they may even use the Black label Johnny Walker, which would look like the old JPS Lotus colour scheme. That would be nice.
Date: July 28, 2005 03:56AM
I dont know if i`m right...

Until now the driver names were used at non-tobacco/ -alcohol tracks... Think we`ll see whats happing. If they dont change the design this year we can expect a new one in the next ;)

Date: July 28, 2005 05:26AM
Posted by: Enzojz
Don't change the livery much , or I will die.
Date: July 29, 2005 10:09AM
Posted by: montana_uk
Courtesy of Muks_C, who took the pic from the F1Racing Magazine for the F1 Forum. Once again - THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Does anyone want to make this livery for GP4? I think it rocks!

Laters,

Montana_UK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2005 10:10AM by montana_uk.
Date: July 29, 2005 10:16AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
but thats just a fantasy 1 , they dont gonna use that (i hope)

Date: July 29, 2005 10:23AM
Posted by: Lemming
I'll cry if they use that.

KEEP THE SILVER AND BLACK!!! We're not gonna call you gold arrows cos that sounds crap!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy