Steering wheel

Posted by Nickv 
Steering wheel
Date: July 17, 2005 10:30AM
Posted by: Nickv
I started to play GP4 with a steering wheel, but when I hit an inside curb, I suddenly I get oversteer and spin. Should I change something in my car set-up?
I am using the set-ups which I used when I played with the keyboard.
Or am I doing something wrong?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2005 10:36AM by Nickv.
Re: Steering wheel
Date: July 17, 2005 11:43AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
There's nothing unusual about spining when you hit an inside kerb. It depends on how you hit it and what type it is. But if it's happening all of the time, it might be a wheel setting. Try increasing Steering Help or, possibly better, increasing the low sensitivity (or whatever it's called, it's at the top of the list) to 100%. That makes it much smoother.

And you'll probably want new set-ups, although they won't be causing this. It also takes time to learn to drive with a wheel, it could just be poor driving on your part :)

Date: July 17, 2005 02:26PM
Posted by: Nickv
Thanks Go Alesi :)
Date: July 17, 2005 03:57PM
Posted by: chopadin
I have Vibraforce Trust GM-3300 wheel...

Is it posible for wheel to vibrate only when I hit something like a car or kerb or something similar?

cause its vibrating all the time during race and its annoying so I turned that off...

tnx
Date: July 17, 2005 05:28PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
It shouldn't 'vibrate' all the time, unless you've enabled it with Gp4 Tweak. Get the latest (private) version of GP4 Tweak anyway, because in that, you can enable kerb and grass vibrations along with some others.

Date: July 17, 2005 06:49PM
Posted by: chopadin
I have GPtweak v.10451 isnt that newest?

I dont see where can I edit those options concerning vibrating on kerbs and stuff?
Date: July 16, 2007 08:48PM
Posted by: Beardless2
did anyone ever find a fix for this - because i get this too and its very annoying!
Date: July 16, 2007 09:05PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
why shouldnt it vibrate all the time,real f1 wheels would constantly vibrate due to the speed and g force loads so it would make it more realistic if your wheel did too..
Date: July 16, 2007 09:22PM
Posted by: Beardless2
i meant the excessive oversteer when clipping a kurb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy