Can anybody help me with my GP4??

Posted by Slash 
Can anybody help me with my GP4??
Date: May 23, 2005 07:33AM
Posted by: Slash
I recently bougth a new grafics card, when i was installing the drivers i got a message that ¨said this drives don´t have the digital win xp firm or something¨., i install the drivers anyway., but then when i was playing, the monitor out of nowhere would died on me., like the whole pc would shut off., i install then my old grafics card wich used to work well., but then i had to download the drivers from nvidia., and i did., and isntalled them with no problem, but the same thing keeps happening., i haven´t changed anything in my pc scince the last time i played gp4 ¨like 4 months ago¨.,

could it be the other drivers that i installed before., i eman before installing the original from nvidia i deleted thos.e, but maybe some of the files are doing some conflict or something?., oh yea., the old grafics card is a geforce 4 mx 440 64mb., from mad dog., the new one is a fx 5500 ge force from msi 256mb

i would appreciate if anybody helped me!

thanks in advance..
Re: Can anybody help me with my GP4??
Date: May 23, 2005 01:27PM
Posted by: neuneu
hi, wich driver do you installed with your fx5500 ??
usually the latest nvidia driver are better for geforce 6 grafic cards, try to install forceware 66.93, you can find them in the archive section of the nvidia website
Date: May 23, 2005 07:14PM
Posted by: Willb
If you get really despirate, it'd be a good idea to backup all you important bits and bobs and then reformat your hard drive. its always a good idea to do this after you change/add hardware components.

Date: May 24, 2005 09:25AM
Posted by: Slash
yeah., i´m just gonna restart the whole thing..

thanks a lot guys i really appreciate it

cheers!

PS: Gp4 will live 4 ever., just like indycar racing II
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy