FW27 Thread 2 - Update - High Detail Version.

Posted by intweb 
Re: FW27 Thread 2 - Update - High Detail Version.
Date: May 20, 2005 12:35PM
Posted by: F1Master
I say go with 3 x 2048 personally. I want as much deatil as possible and if you're making a super high poly version of the car, it makes sense to throw super his res textures at it.

Thats my two cents anyway :-)

As for that rude nimrod thats criticising your car, he should keep his trap shut and make his own if he thinks he can do better. Don't listen to trash like that pal, you need constructive criticism, not cr@p talk like that.

Keep at it Steve :-)

Are they launch pics F1Master? IF they are, aern't they a little outdated since the revised aerodynamics have totally changed since then? hehe

Yeah they are. I posted them to because they show the nose and sidepods of the car in best light. I know they are old now and the car has changed aerodynamically since the launch but the nose and sidepods are fundamentally the same as they were then and it was these areas that I wanted to show Steve.

WilliamsF1 Supporters

AMD Athlon64 3400, 512mb Corsair XMS3200LL memory, Asus K8V Deluxe mobo, Powercolor Radeon X800 Pro VIVO, 160G Maxtor HD, Soundblaster Audigy, Windows XP SP2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2005 12:41PM by F1Master.
me2, i think 3 x 2048 would be great :)

but i think that IF YOU HAVE TIME to do it, you could do 1 x 2048 for people that may be cant run 3 x 2048 on their PC's

:)

P.S. the fallowing message contains bad words, so... sorry...

MESSAGE FALLOWING IS FOR A B*TCH :)

@WDT Race Speeder:
I HATE F*KIN PEOPLE LIKE YOU ! YOU SAY THAT IS WORK SUCKS BUT THINK A BIT, HE DO THAT FOR US, HE SPEND HIS TIME TO DO GREAT CARS AND U, THE ONLY ONE, U COME AND U SAY THAT HIS WORK SUCKS... ONLY ONE THING TO TELL U, IF U DONT LIKE HIS WORK, DONT DOWNLOAD IT AND TRY TO DO IT YOURSELF TO SEE IF ITS EASY AND NOT ONLY ONE CAR, EVOLUTIONS FOR ALL OTHERS GP'S !!! SO SHUT UP B*TCH
SO KNOW IF U HAVE A LIL BIT OF CONCIENCE THINK ABOUT ALL THAT AND THINK THAT IF U CONTINUE TO SAY THINGS LIKE THAT U WILL NOT HAVE A LOT OF FRIENDS ON THIS FORUMS !

@Intweb:
I hope you will continue that great work and will not listen people that says things like that :)
Date: May 20, 2005 01:58PM
Posted by: intweb
Thanks F1Master, I realised that! ;)

Ok, so we have two schools of thought, 3 x 2048s can be downsized, but what are they like when they are resized? Does anyone have any ideas about how Photoshop 7 would anti-alias it? If the reduction isn't poor, I'd be happy to do that. I don't really want to make the car poor quality for 1024 users!

Thanks for help and advise!

Steve.
yes, probably 1 x 2048 would be better!

X (@ed24f1)
i do not like what race speeder did but for those who say do your own version.

that said maybe your phrasing of words could have been a hell of a lot better. generally i hate nitpickers the way i do the work is the way you take it unless you can prove your point but still words like that are unwelcomed.
Date: May 20, 2005 03:28PM
Posted by: F1Master
Is that intended for GP4?

If so how far are you into it?

WilliamsF1 Supporters

AMD Athlon64 3400, 512mb Corsair XMS3200LL memory, Asus K8V Deluxe mobo, Powercolor Radeon X800 Pro VIVO, 160G Maxtor HD, Soundblaster Audigy, Windows XP SP2.
thats not by me..............its by Race_Speeder. and if i was gonna shape a 2k5 car it would be an RBR not a williams :P
intweb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks F1Master, I realised that!
>
> Ok, so we have two schools of thought, 3 x 2048s
> can be downsized, but what are they like when they
> are resized? Does anyone have any ideas about how
> Photoshop 7 would anti-alias it? If the reduction
> isn't poor, I'd be happy to do that. I don't
> really want to make the car poor quality for 1024
> users!
>

3 2048s can be downsized, but honestly I don't get the point of using 3... you can get perfectly sharp textures with just a single one on an F1 car, and using two on a sportscar. Remember that the absolute maximum resolution people run games at is really 1600x1200, so there's an obvious limit to how high detail you can go with the textures before you can't tell the difference (I cba to do the maths, I'm sure you get what I mean tho).

As to Race Speeder, he actually makes a good point in a *very* roundabout/sweary way :p I picked up on something chet said about the inner part of the sidepods, seems to me that you're doing them the low detail way just with a really smooth mesh. Might be an idea to build them as they are in reality, which is quite 'hollow' with the radiators angled in there. There's a nice pic of the RBR from Monaco somewhere which illustrates this nicely, I'll see if I can find it.

Might need some normals work too, that's something I noticed in particular with the 'old' FW27.

Date: May 20, 2005 04:30PM
Posted by: intweb
Six Degrees, have always respected you, but I said in the first message that they are nowhere near complete - I'm going to redo the pods and intakes, they are only 40-50 % complete. There was no need for anyone to say anything about them - I was posting a pic as people were asking.

Once I post a pic and say, this is finished - then I ask for opinions, also the way he was asking just pi55ed me off completely.

That and it's friday and I'm just plain tired ;)

Enjoy the weekend everyone!
Date: May 20, 2005 04:47PM
Posted by: b-tone
3 at 2048 will produce nice renders - even close ups ;-)

and downsizing to 1024 will give the same as any car now that has 3 1024s. quality loss will be normal for downsizing it, but 3 at 1024 is still pretty good in game (3/4 the coverage one 2048 gives)

____
Tony

Date: May 20, 2005 07:44PM
Posted by: Button14
Yes Race speeder has a bad way with words i have been on the end of his "critism" before..not nice.

And i belive that car is for Rfactor not gp4

Date: May 20, 2005 08:27PM
Posted by: Karan19
Yeah race_speeder is working on a 2005 f1 mod for R-Factor. You can check it out in the R-Factor forum over at HG (if and when it comes up) but still that doesnt give him the right to act like a jerk.

whahhaha @ mini maestro
that car is only a low poly car for some dimensions, lol
im also busy on a high poly car
pffffff, *$*^$&$^&%
its just my opinnion, and those who dont like it or can accept it are crazy!
and my opinnion is almost a fact
and btw, im not making wdt2005 myself, im making with whole wdt
its a team like ctdp and emacf1.

[www.f1gaming.de]

nog hg........ i also linked to f1gaming there
Date: May 20, 2005 10:51PM
Posted by: chet
well an opinion like that is not needed ;-)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 20, 2005 11:36PM
Posted by: laurent
well, I think anyone can have his own opinion, otherwise you won't show your work, you want REACTIONS!!! no?

It's 100% your own risk to put screens of your (unfinished) work.... and we need to accept every comment....

BTW : I do like the shape;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2005 11:40PM by laurent.
Date: May 21, 2005 12:01AM
Posted by: Sauber89
well i'm going to appuald steve for constanly showing us updates , constantly doing work and constantly cattering for every gamers needs well done mate and race speeder and my opinnion is almost a fact who do u think u r jose murhino :p

Date: May 21, 2005 12:04AM
Posted by: chet
but we dont need ppl saying some1s work isnt very good. his comments mite have been accepted if they were wrote better.. his choice of language wasnt very good.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 21, 2005 12:30AM
Posted by: Kev188
We don´t need this f***n idiots at this forum.
Well,everybody can say his/her opinion,but if anybody say,that someone´s work is @#$%&,it´s the wrong place man !!!!!!!!
People do this cars in their freetime and not for money, and @ Race-Speeder:
There will never be a 100% real car.
And it doesn´t matter if Intwebs update is 100% correct,we like it and that´s the most important thing !!!
He always keep us up to date with updates and pics and always try to improve his nice work.
I only can say,thank you Intweb !!!
And Race-Speeder, why you are in this forum,when you always critisize everything,stay on your Computer with your 10000% perfect F1 Cars !!!
This forum becomes more and more to a unfriendlier place !
A link which might be some help:

[www.formula1.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy